PDA

View Full Version : Watch this NY police hero threaten to ticket someone for washing a car in their own driveway

aGameOfThrones
12-17-2013, 01:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB0MLZZc63c

Even with the proliferation of digital cameras providing endless streams of seemingly irrefutable video evidence, there are still many sides of any given story that go unknown. And that is most likely what's going on with this video. What we do know is that YouTube user JokRKidd has a neighbor that really doesn't like him, and that he lives in a city with some questionable law enforcement. How questionable you ask? More questionable than the laws that used to make it illegal to park a pickup truck in the driveway of a private residence at night in Coral Gables, FL.

In Garden City, NY, there is apparently a village ordinance aimed at preventing people from washing their cars (and furniture) in public places. That doesn't sound terribly absurd, but what what takes things up a notch is these officers' judgement – their reading of the code about "public places" also includes washing vehicles on private property in public view.

In this video, a pair of police officers show up as two men are about to wash a Volkswagen Golf in a private driveway, but instead of a ticket, they get a free lesson in local laws. While the interpretation of the law – especially in regards to what is defined as a "public place" – is questionable at best, we're fairly certain that there's more going on here than a car wash and an angry neighbor

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/12/16/ny-police-officer-ticket-car-washer-own-driveway/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000588

DamianTV
12-17-2013, 01:51 AM
Im half suprised the Cop didnt start shooting the car "in fear for his life".

Cops and those oppressed by those very same Cops seem to have very different definitions of the word "Hero".

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-17-2013, 01:58 AM
New York City (and Long Island) po-lice are some of the biggest smart asses around.

alucard13mm
12-17-2013, 02:02 AM
don't blame the cop. blame the neighbor imo.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-17-2013, 02:28 AM
The behavior of the pig would actually be textbook material for understanding the anatomy of a coward. Note how he makes all kinds of excuses, including pointing the finger at his lieutenant. If push came to shove in that video, you know good and well those guys are getting tazed and worse.

The pig is on the same parallel as the average Nazi coward. You're getting pushed into the oven, but the guard can't help you because Hitler told him to do it.

green73
12-17-2013, 12:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGuguZjQU9Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGuguZjQU9Y

Grubb556
12-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Be grateful he didn't complain to the HOA.

Brian4Liberty
12-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Be grateful he didn't complain to the HOA.

Yeah, HOA will just take your house!

donnay
12-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Freakin' nosy neighbors--obviously they have too much time on their hands. :mad:

aGameOfThrones
12-17-2013, 01:41 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?435831-Watch-this-NY-police-hero-threaten-to-ticket-someone-for-washing-a-car-in-their-own-driveway

merge threads

FloralScent
12-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Im half suprised the Cop didnt start shooting the car "in fear for his life".

Cops and those oppressed by those very same Cops seem to have very different definitions of the word "Hero".

Good thing he didn't turn towards the cops with the hose in his hand.

Dr.3D
12-17-2013, 01:50 PM
And people get upset when they find someone they deem to be "antisocial." Why wouldn't someone be antisocial when being social can usually cause more problems than not. If every time you interacted with people, something bad happened, wouldn't you become antisocial?

jbauer
12-17-2013, 02:04 PM
So can he water his grass? What if some water accidently hit his car while watering his grass?

If there isn't a water restriction tell the cop to STFU

staerker
12-17-2013, 02:15 PM
And people get upset when they find someone they deem to be "antisocial." Why wouldn't someone be antisocial when being social can usually cause more problems than not. If every time you interacted with people, something bad happened, wouldn't you become antisocial?

Antisocial = acting your way, in private. Social = acting my way, in public.

jllundqu
12-17-2013, 02:22 PM
In what universe is private property considered a 'public space'? Oh yeah.... any blue state east of the mississippi.

dillo
12-17-2013, 02:53 PM
You know that cop seemed pretty decent, the people should have a problem with the neighborhood not the police. That cop couldve been a dickhead and he seemed pretty down to earth and respectful.

kcchiefs6465
12-17-2013, 03:30 PM
don't blame the cop. blame the neighbor imo.

You know that cop seemed pretty decent, the people should have a problem with the neighborhood not the police. That cop couldve been a dickhead and he seemed pretty down to earth and respectful.
SMH.

Did it occur to you that the cop could have refused the orders his lieutenant gave him? That he could have resigned on principle? That he could have understood the difference between public and private? That he could have warned the neighbor about his antics? That he could have simply not been there? That he could have actually had a productive job? That the people stolen from to benefit his salary could have done without the theft?

This is the problem with America. So much fail. Reminds me of a song lyric, "And don't blame me if I'm smiling when it all comes crashing down,"......

Stockholm syndrome or what, calling a man whose job requires him to ignorantly and incorrectly interpret laws, blindly follow orders, and harass the public at large with some God superiority complex and a hint of implied violence with his sarcastic demeanor and blatant egotistical feelings of mental supremacy, while remember, not understanding the difference between public and private, is incredible. Someone was taken from, who thoroughly did not want or need the "services" provided, so this officer could drive up to that house, misinterpret a law, and threaten/harass someone with additional fines and fees if, God forbid, they washed their car. "Decent"!? I must be losing my mind.

aGameOfThrones
12-17-2013, 05:17 PM
So can he water his grass? What if some water accidently hit his car while watering his grass?

If there isn't a water restriction tell the cop to STFU

Terrible crime if he waited until it rains to wash his car.

dillo
12-17-2013, 05:25 PM
SMH.

Did it occur to you that the cop could have refused the orders his lieutenant gave him? That he could have resigned on principle? That he could have understood the difference between public and private? That he could have warned the neighbor about his antics? That he could have simply not been there? That he could have actually had a productive job? That the people stolen from to benefit his salary could have done without the theft?

This is the problem with America. So much fail. Reminds me of a song lyric, "And don't blame me if I'm smiling when it all comes crashing down,"......

Stockholm syndrome or what, calling a man whose job requires him to ignorantly and incorrectly interpret laws, blindly follow orders, and harass the public at large with some God superiority complex and a hint of implied violence with his sarcastic demeanor and blatant egotistical feelings of mental supremacy, while remember, not understanding the difference between public and private, is incredible. Someone was taken from, who thoroughly did not want or need the "services" provided, so this officer could drive up to that house, misinterpret a law, and threaten/harass someone with additional fines and fees if, God forbid, they washed their car. "Decent"!? I must be losing my mind.

Im pretty sure if you live in certain ordinaces you have to agree to their rules. I cannot have a fence in my neighborhood. Dont like it, dont live in that neighborhood, free market. The cop never wrote them a ticket, he warned them. Sure he could tell his LT. to fuck off and quit his job, but how many people would actually do that?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-17-2013, 05:40 PM
SMH.

Excellent.

Christian Liberty
12-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Im pretty sure if you live in certain ordinaces you have to agree to their rules. I cannot have a fence in my neighborhood. Dont like it, dont live in that neighborhood, free market. The cop never wrote them a ticket, he warned them. Sure he could tell his LT. to fuck off and quit his job, but how many people would actually do that?

How is that free market in any way shape or form? Free market is that property is privately owned and the property owner can do what he wishes with his property.

As for that cop, I would have asked him, respectfully, how he can reconcile his bullying with his conscience.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Im pretty sure if you live in certain ordinaces you have to agree to their rules. I cannot have a fence in my neighborhood. Dont like it, dont live in that neighborhood, free market.

That's not free market.

The cop never wrote them a ticket, he warned them. Sure he could tell his LT. to fuck off and quit his job, but how many people would actually do that?

That's pretty much the point.

kcchiefs6465
12-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Im pretty sure if you live in certain ordinaces you have to agree to their rules. I cannot have a fence in my neighborhood. Dont like it, dont live in that neighborhood, free market.
Many times these ordinances are enacted after the people live there. Local tyranny is as bad as federal tyranny. It's the man's property, he can do with it what he pleases.

The cop never wrote them a ticket, he warned them.

Private does not equal public. In sight of others does not equal public [with regards to this statute]. The ticket would have been thrown out. And this ignores the probable point of such an absurd law in restricting who can hold car washes where. (peewee baseball teams, boy/girl scouts... that sort of thing) They undoubtedly weren't, when considering the law, attempting to make it illegal to wash your car on your property. The term "public" would not have been needed. That the officer does not understand the difference between public, meaning seen to all, (ex. You make your feelings public [etc.]) and public, meaning collectively owned land, (ex. There are public parks down the street. [etc.]) does not negate the fact that the nuances of speech (and frankly I don't even consider it a nuance, you have to be goddamn dumb not to know public doesn't mean, in that instance, what is seen by the public but rather defines on what land you can wash your vehicle [and even then, what an absurd piece of legislation]) are something that needs to be understood and considered when reading or applying the law. It isn't rocket science. A grown man should understand this. And that's aside from his attitude annoying me as I've seen it personally all too many times.

Sure he could tell his LT. to fuck off and quit his job, but how many people would actually do that?
The decent ones would. How about explaining to his LT the differences in definitions of "public" and what the "public" in the statute actually means. Then he could refuse such a call and if disciplined, go public with the measures taken against him. That would be decent.

Now to be morally just he would need to resign immediately, apologize for taking the salary that he did, perhaps explain why he felt it was justified, and attempt in his own way to make the world a better place.

I understand neither are going to happen. It is evidence to the fact that the old phrase of "just a couple bad apples" is a lie. They are all bad apples, some more rotten then others.... and this case, as well as the other thousands that happen daily just goes to prove it.

gwax23
12-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Biggest problem is local governments passing stupid laws/ordinance that completely destroy private property rights.

dillo
12-17-2013, 06:25 PM
How is that free market in any way shape or form? Free market is that property is privately owned and the property owner can do what he wishes with his property.

As for that cop, I would have asked him, respectfully, how he can reconcile his bullying with his conscience.

If they bought the house and after that the ordinances were made than you would have a point, but I doubt thats the case. They chose to buy land there, thats free market.

dillo
12-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Many times these ordinances are enacted after the people live there. Local tyranny is as bad as federal tyranny. It's the man's property, he can do with it what he pleases.

Private does not equal public. In sight of others does not equal public [with regards to this statute]. The ticket would have been thrown out. And this ignores the probable point of such an absurd law in restricting who can hold car washes where. (peewee baseball teams, boy/girl scouts... that sort of thing) They undoubtedly weren't, when considering the law, attempting to make it illegal to wash your car on your property. The term "public" would not have been needed. That the officer does not understand the difference between public, meaning seen to all, (ex. You make your feelings public [etc.]) and public, meaning collectively owned land, (ex. There are public parks down the street. [etc.]) does not negate the fact that the nuances of speech (and frankly I don't even consider it a nuance, you have to be goddamn dumb not to know public doesn't mean, in that instance, what is seen by the public but rather defines on what land you can wash your vehicle [and even then, what an absurd piece of legislation]) are something that needs to be understood and considered when reading or applying the law. It isn't rocket science. A grown man should understand this. And that's aside from his attitude annoying me as I've seen it personally all too many times.

The decent ones would. How about explaining to his LT the differences in definitions of "public" and what the "public" in the statute actually means. Then he could refuse such a call and if disciplined, go public with the measures taken against him. That would be decent.

Now to be morally just he would need to resign immediately, apologize for taking the salary that he did, perhaps explain why he felt it was justified, and attempt in his own way to make the world a better place.

I understand neither are going to happen. It is evidence to the fact that the old phrase of "just a couple bad apples" is a lie. They are all bad apples, some more rotten then others.... and this case, as well as the other thousands that happen daily just goes to prove it.

The founding fathers preferred local tyranny though because you could move some place else, federal law fucks everyone over. IF those ordinances were passed after the people had purchased their land id be on their side, but if they chose to live there knowing the agreements of the neighborhood theyre kind of stupid. Even if said ordinances are completely stupid.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-17-2013, 06:35 PM
My mother once wanted to build a fence for her dogs. There was a city ordinance against fences, but a "variance" was always granted. If you wanted to get the "exception," then you had to pay about $75. In other words, government charged you in a de facto way to build a fence. That was just so two dogs in an 800 square foot house could go out and breathe. At least they had the field across the way where they could run loose while supervised. This was a small town and these houses were practically in the country.

That was years ago and the parties are all gone. What remains is the government and the cocksuckers who probably still leech off people with their slick rules vocabulary.

kcchiefs6465
12-17-2013, 06:36 PM
The founding fathers preferred local tyranny though because you could move some place else, federal law fucks everyone over. IF those ordinances were passed after the people had purchased their land id be on their side, but if they chose to live there knowing the agreements of the neighborhood theyre kind of stupid. Even if said ordinances are completely stupid.
They didn't prefer any tyranny. The point of having things localized is so you are able to seek redress for your grievances. While one size fits all was never the intention, there are certain fundamental ideas the Constitution was founded upon. (Private property being one of them.) "Just move" is all well and good until every locale gets the idea that the majority rules the minority. Drug laws are a good example of this. (federal extortion aside) Seat belt laws fall into the same category.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-17-2013, 06:47 PM
If they bought the house and after that the ordinances were made than you would have a point, but I doubt thats the case. They chose to buy land there, thats free market.

I really don't understand where you get free market. It was an ordinance. Government involvement like that is not free market.

Anyway, the prick who called the police was just being a dipshit because he didn't like the beat up car that was being washed. Same thing happened to us when we rented. We lived in one of those old style neighborhoods. Mostly homeowners, but we rented. Our house was the crappiest house on the block. Guy across the street somehow thinks he's hot stuff because his house approached $100,000. He calls some city housing agency because the screen-door screen was flapping in the wind.

Then, this dipshit calls the police and claims my dogs have not been fed for 4 days. Now, I fed my dogs organic and natural meat and they drank filtered water, so this guy was so full of shit that it came out his ears. Cop comes by and tells me a "concerned" neighbor says my dogs have not eaten in four days. I ask him how in the world he knows this. Has this prick been around my dogs for 96 consecutive hours to observe them? The kicker was that the stupid police don't even bother to ask the guy how he could possibly know this. Pig asks to see my dogs, but I decline. That was pretty much the end of it.

Brian4Liberty
12-18-2013, 04:08 PM
The ticket would have been thrown out. And this ignores the probable point of such an absurd law in restricting who can hold car washes where. (peewee baseball teams, boy/girl scouts... that sort of thing) They undoubtedly weren't, when considering the law, attempting to make it illegal to wash your car on your property. The term "public" would not have been needed. That the officer does not understand ...

Agree, the law didn't apply. But the Officer knew full well that it didn't apply. The Police were harassing them, at the request of a neighbor. They give the ticket, and if it goes to court, it gets thrown out. The cops don't care. A Judge might if it happens too much.

I had a similar thing happen. I had two cars, and one sat on the street in front of the house most of the time (perfectly legal). It wasn't a wreck, no dents, had good paint, no problems. The neighbor was one of those uptight a-holes that is in everybodies business, and didn't like seeing the car on the street. When I decided to sell it, I put a "For Sale" sign in the window. The neighbor immediately called the Police, and they cited me for "having a car for sale on a public road". This was a law created because a certain busy street (certain block) would have all of these private party cars for sale parked there. An ad-hoc car lot, so to speak.

Obviously the law didn't apply to me, as it was in front of my house on a cul-de-sac. The cop gave the ticket anyway, and it was thrown out of Court. Just harassment. This is what is so bad about HOAs. There's always about 4 of these a-holes in a development, and they always join the Board and make rules against everything.

Matthew5
12-21-2013, 01:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB0MLZZc63c

Via Drudge

pcosmar
12-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Anything new since it was posted..in the other threads?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?435831-Watch-this-NY-police-hero-threaten-to-ticket-someone-for-washing-a-car-in-their-own-driveway

Matthew5
12-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Anything new since it was posted..in the other threads?

I suppose not. Feel free to delete it.

Mani
12-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Agree, the law didn't apply. But the Officer knew full well that it didn't apply. The Police were harassing them, at the request of a neighbor. They give the ticket, and if it goes to court, it gets thrown out. The cops don't care. A Judge might if it happens too much.

I had a similar thing happen. I had two cars, and one sat on the street in front of the house most of the time (perfectly legal). It wasn't a wreck, no dents, had good paint, no problems. The neighbor was one of those uptight a-holes that is in everybodies business, and didn't like seeing the car on the street. When I decided to sell it, I put a "For Sale" sign in the window. The neighbor immediately called the Police, and they cited me for "having a car for sale on a public road". This was a law created because a certain busy street (certain block) would have all of these private party cars for sale parked there. An ad-hoc car lot, so to speak.

Obviously the law didn't apply to me, as it was in front of my house on a cul-de-sac. The cop gave the ticket anyway, and it was thrown out of Court. Just harassment. This is what is so bad about HOAs. There's always about 4 of these a-holes in a development, and they always join the Board and make rules against everything.

I had a crazy ordinance in a gated community. No parking on the street and no parking on the grass. This is a low traffic community. Its fine until you have guests invited for dinner.

Then it was hellish. The rule was, guests need to use the guest parking spots. Well there are about 8 to 10 of those spread out amongst a couple hundred homes. So how the fuck are 8 spots enough??

I would have to take my car and my wife's car and stash them in 2 guests spots hours before a dinerr party. Then repark the first 4 cars that arrived, coz only if u stacked them just right u could barely fit 4 cars in my driveway. But then the next few cars had no guest spots and parked on the street and our neighborhood nazi called the cops.

Thankfully the police were polite and they didnt like her, and the cops would then tell me how to reshuffle the cars so the bitch wouldnt call back. Every damn dinner party same damn story. Christmas, new years, thanksgiving, didnt matter, bitch always enforced a stupid ordinance that even cops thought was impracticle. Except for that nazi neighbor who had no friends. Never once in the all the years i lived there did i ever see a guest in her house. The street wanted that old hag dead. Hahahaha. Our street was almost a support group at times, how to cope with our neighborhood nazi that worked on the HOA. She would drive around and take pictures of people's homes during the day while we were at work, and she would report the violations.

The sad thing is, she thought she was doing a good service to the community. She was an old lady with nothing to do, so made her mission to fuck every neighbor as much as possible. We all had to hide stuff from her, in our own homes!!!