PDA

View Full Version : Vinoy Park Republican Straw Poll - absolutely faked

Malakai0
11-29-2007, 01:58 AM
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/29/Worldandnation/St_Petersburg_straw_p.shtml

This was the pay to vote one, the one that was actually supposed to count, that took place before the CNN/Youtube debate around the corner by the way.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I was there from 3pm to about 6:30pm, and the place was a Ron Paul rally. It was ABSOLUTELY DOMINATED with Ron Paul supporters. At least 7/10 people there were adorned with Ron Paul shirts, stickers, ect. When the plane went over the park was overwhelmed with loud Ron Paul cheers. There were plenty of people there, including the famed Clearwater Ron Paul meetup organizer, recording with cameras.

There were a lot of Romney signs, but not a single person I saw had any Romney gear on (shirts, hats, pins, ect).

The result is ludicrous. Absolutely insane. I AM SO F*CKING PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW. We paid 20 bucks to vote in the thing and it got flat out rigged.

edit: 534 votes for Paul is easily 1 per person there over the 3 hours I was there. I'd be hard pressed to say I saw 50 Romney supporters there, saying 1000 people voted for him when there were not even 1000 people there is absolute bulls*it.

Oh and the trolley that "bussed us in" ran from the Palladium theater 3 blocks away to the straw poll so we didn't have to walk. They make it sound like we bussed people in from all over florida.

Malakai0
11-29-2007, 02:09 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=43564

She wrote hers same time as me <3 Carry on the convo in Cindy's thread please

KCIndy
11-29-2007, 03:16 AM
Someone in a different post suggested sending that St. Petersburg link to the Drudge Report.

I'm not a fan of Matt Drudge, but in this case I think it was a good suggestion - it's the sort of salacious item he would love to break big....

I sent in the link, and I would encourage others to do so as well. it might be the fastest way to get this information out about Mr. "I'm worth a quarter billion" Romney.