PDA

View Full Version : huck wins phone polls

colecrowe
11-29-2007, 01:37 AM
NOTE: OUR CAMERAS CAPTURED AN ALTERCATION WHICH OCCURRED WITHIN FEET OF GOVERNOR HUCKABEE AND WHICH CAUSED SECURITY TO BE SUMMONED. WE WILL BE POSTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AN UNEDITED VERSION OF OUR LIVE COVERAGE WHICH WILL INCLUDE THE ALTERCATION, AS WELL AS REACTION FROM GOVERNOR HUCKABEE UPON LEARNING OF THE RESULTS OF THE POLLS AS WELL AS AN INTERVIEW WITH HUCKABEE SUPPORTER CHUCK NORRIS. WE WILL POST A CONSTANT CONTACT WHEN THE VIDEO IS AVAILABLE.

SPECIAL ALERT

InsiderAdvantage Poll Of CNN/YouTube Debate And Controversy After Debate

By Matt Towery
Southern Political Report
Copyright 2007 Creators Syndicate

November 28, 2007

Due to transmission issues our live coverage of the debate aftermath was interrupted. However, our cameras captured the moment when Matt Towery and Tom Baxter informed Governor Huckabee, who was surrounded by national press, that the survey of both Iowa and Florida Republicans conducted by InsiderAdvantage/Majority Opinion Research showed Mike Huckabee the winner of tonight's CNN/YouTube debate.

The Florida survey conducted with the Florida Chamber of Commerce showed the following results:

Huckabee: 44%
Giulani: 18%
Romney: 13%
McCain: 10%
Thompson: 5%
Paul: 4%
Hunter: 1%
Tancredo: 1%
Rest: undecided

The survey of 341 Republicans who stated they were undecided, intended to watch the debate and agreed to phone in their opinion immediately after the ending was weighted for age and gender. It has a margin of error of +/- 6%.

A survey of Iowa Republicans of over 1,035 Iowa Republicans taken in the last twenty minutes of the debate showed Huckabee the winner in that state as well. The numbers virtually mirrored Florida. They were:

Huckabee: 32%
Romney: 16%
Giuliani: 12%
McCain: 10%
Thompson: 7%
Paul: 6%
Tancredo: 2%
Hunter: 0%
Rest: undecided

Interestingly, the Iowa poll did not survey only undecided voters. Yet, both a survey of undecided voters in Florida and a general survey in Iowa showed Huckabee the winner.

In the media Spin Room, most of the major candidates were left with little if any media attention as virtually all print and broadcast media circled Governor Huckabee.

spacebetween
11-29-2007, 01:43 AM
He'll have his little moment in the limelight.

Then, those who he thinks are his friends in the media will devour him. They're all cannibals, you know.

UtahApocalypse
11-29-2007, 01:44 AM
Did he Commission the poll?

dircha
11-29-2007, 01:44 AM
If the people of this country are truly so dimwitted and backward as to elect someone like Mike "Snake Oil" Huckabee, who in every significant sense is George W. Bush II, then may the carcass of this pitiful country rot on the scrap heap of history; do your worst, Al Qaeda, on that day, we will deserve it.

I'm beyond tears. I'm utterly dumbfounded. What is wrong with these people?

ctb619
11-29-2007, 01:46 AM
"In the media Spin Room, most of the major candidates were left with little if any media attention as virtually all print and broadcast media circled Governor Huckabee."

Why does this not surprise me?

F3d
11-29-2007, 01:46 AM

chestertime
11-29-2007, 01:47 AM
quit posting like a psycho. Huck probably won any reasonable poll tonight. Please stop fulfilling the MSM's expectation that RP supporters are delusional morons.

Mark Rushmore
11-29-2007, 01:48 AM
It's because he's the most Christian out of everyone.

If you replace "he is" with "he talks" then I agree.

pacelli
11-29-2007, 01:49 AM
The florida survey is from UNDECIDED republican voters. The percentages do not reflect the percentage of voters who have already made up their mind that Dr. Paul's message is the only one to win.

Huck gave a great performance tonight with 13 opportunities to speak (9 minutes, 45 sec). He's crushing Giuliani who had 20 opportunities to speak (16 minutes, 40 sec). Dr. Paul had only 10 opportunities to speak (7 minutes, 34 sec).

Besides, Huck adopted Dr. Paul's concept of abolishing the IRS before the good doctor had an opportunity to fully answer the question. I suspect that Dr. Paul will be getting a boatload of new supporters soon :)

dircha
11-29-2007, 01:51 AM
quit posting like a psycho. Huck probably won any reasonable poll tonight. Please stop fulfilling the MSM's expectation that RP supporters are delusional morons.

Why would Huckabee have won "any reasonable poll tonight"?

Any reasonable poll of delusional morons?

Because that is the best term I've heard yet to describe people who upon seeing the problems we are in, the first thing that comes to their mind is to vote for 4 more years of Bush.

ThePieSwindler
11-29-2007, 01:53 AM
The florida survey is from UNDECIDED republican voters. The percentages do not reflect the percentage of voters who have already made up their mind that Dr. Paul's message is the only one to win.

Yeah um, this is the percentage we want to reach. This is kinda bad, though of course, i question the methodology of their target audience, its probably just as credible as a frank luntz poll.

Chad
11-29-2007, 01:54 AM

LoveLiberty
11-29-2007, 01:59 AM
NOTE: OUR CAMERAS CAPTURED AN ALTERCATION WHICH OCCURRED WITHIN FEET OF GOVERNOR HUCKABEE AND WHICH CAUSED SECURITY TO BE SUMMONED. WE WILL BE POSTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AN UNEDITED VERSION OF OUR LIVE COVERAGE WHICH WILL INCLUDE THE ALTERCATION, AS WELL AS REACTION FROM GOVERNOR HUCKABEE UPON LEARNING OF THE RESULTS OF THE POLLS AS WELL AS AN INTERVIEW WITH HUCKABEE SUPPORTER CHUCK NORRIS. WE WILL POST A CONSTANT CONTACT WHEN THE VIDEO IS AVAILABLE.

I bet Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked some dude in the chest.

pacelli
11-29-2007, 02:02 AM
Yeah um, this is the percentage we want to reach. This is kinda bad, though of course, i question the methodology of their target audience, its probably just as credible as a frank luntz poll.

In that case, we're going to need to ramp up grassroots effort in Florida :) One wonders just how conversative these undecideds rated themselves. There is no likert scale telling us their options. I agree, methodology needs to be examined. If nothing else, but to hone our target audience.

pacelli
11-29-2007, 02:05 AM
either way, it's not much of a surprise. Huckabee is the easy vote. he's a catch-all everything-nothing candidate for the Establishment...

for hardline neo-cons: he's not weak on foreign policy, he'll 'stay the course'.

for conservative christians: he ACTUALLY believes that the world is a little over $6,000 years old, is against abortion, and he'll talk about God a lot while he's in office.

for the undecided heartland Christian who has no reason to doubt US foreign policy: he sounds genuine, seems friendly and 'down-home'...ah, hell, I'll give him my vote.

that's the way they siphon Ron Paul's support. as if they haven't all been training in universities for this for generations. they know the score. but that's how it goes. I'm still voting Ron Paul and giving my $2,300.

Good analysis. I think a huckabee nomination would guarantee 4 years of Hillary.

chestertime
11-29-2007, 02:05 AM
Why would Huckabee have won "any reasonable poll tonight"?

Any reasonable poll of delusional morons?

Because that is the best term I've heard yet to describe people who upon seeing the problems we are in, the first thing that comes to their mind is to vote for 4 more years of Bush.

Hucke got soft-pitched. He looked healthy and energetic. He spoke confidently and charismaticaly.

RP supporters were mentioning he looked sick. Nixon/Kennedy anyone? This was a TV debate a biased as the questions and the question direciton may have been, Huck won this debate - fair or not it is what it is.

chestertime
11-29-2007, 02:07 AM
Good analysis. I think a huckabee nomination would guarantee 4 years of Hillary.

Huck is a VP. Its why I dont fear him. If he does incredibly well he's just a conservative christian veep for one of the mold candidates. If Huck was the nom, Denny I seen the UFOs would win.