PDA

View Full Version : Debate report from a Meetup member

FluxCapacitor
11-29-2007, 01:36 AM
This message was posted to my Meetup group:

My parents were at the debate tonight, though not on the inside. They watched the debate from the Paladium theatre nearby. Here are some highlights.

*The Ron Paul people they had in the actual debate hall crowd were encouraged. They said there was an overall favorable reaction to Ron Paul whenever he spoke from people who weren't already his fans. They were very upbeat coming out of the debate hall.

*People generally thought the McCain exchange went well. He looked stupid saying that the military was against Ron Paul, only to have Ron Paul reply that he gets the most money from the military.

*The FL Ron Paul meetups rented a park next to the debate hall as well as the Paladium Theatre, filled with 800 supporters. Ron Paul came to speak after and seemed very upbeat and excited, especially about the financial support.

*There was a giant yacht with Ron Paul's face on the side of it blaring patriotic music. According to people inside the hall, Huckabee asked "Did you arrive here in that boat?"

*There was a plane with a Ron Paul banner

*Giuliani commented to Ron Paul, "Gee, you have a lot of supporters." Ron Paul replied, "This is only the beginning."

*They had huge sign waves with banners that seemed to get a lot of media coverage. No other candidates had people holding signs.

*There were about 160 anti-war protesters who came to protest the Republicans and were shocked to see ONLY fellow anti-war (i.e. Ron Paul) supporters in attendance.

*The police commented that the Ron Paul people were the best crowd they ever dealt with. People were constantly thanking them for their service and recommending Ron Paul to them.

*The supporters were, according to my mom, a mix of "classy rich-looking people and hippy-looking people and people from all walks of life."

*Ron Paul said he saw "Dr. Paul cured my apathy," and said, "You've cured my skepticism" and "No army can stop an idea once it gets started."

So, chins up everyone!! :)

Give me liberty
11-29-2007, 01:37 AM
sweet thanks for the update :)

Menthol Patch
11-29-2007, 01:39 AM
It sounds like it was an AWESOME experience for everyone who attended!

However, CNN has made a mistake by trying to marginalize our candidate and give him so little speaking time. It's only made us MORE determined to do what it takes for him to WIN!

Mckarnin
11-29-2007, 01:40 AM
This message was posted to my Meetup group:

My parents were at the debate tonight, though not on the inside. They watched the debate from the Paladium theatre nearby. Here are some highlights.

*The Ron Paul people they had in the actual debate hall crowd were encouraged. They said there was an overall favorable reaction to Ron Paul whenever he spoke from people who weren't already his fans. They were very upbeat coming out of the debate hall.

*People generally thought the McCain exchange went well. He looked stupid saying that the military was against Ron Paul, only to have Ron Paul reply that he gets the most money from the military.

*The FL Ron Paul meetups rented a park next to the debate hall as well as the Paladium Theatre, filled with 800 supporters. Ron Paul came to speak after and seemed very upbeat and excited, especially about the financial support.

*There was a giant yacht with Ron Paul's face on the side of it blaring patriotic music. According to people inside the hall, Huckabee asked "Did you arrive here in that boat?"

*There was a plane with a Ron Paul banner

*Giuliani commented to Ron Paul, "Gee, you have a lot of supporters." Ron Paul replied, "This is only the beginning."

*They had huge sign waves with banners that seemed to get a lot of media coverage. No other candidates had people holding signs.

*There were about 160 anti-war protesters who came to protest the Republicans and were shocked to see ONLY fellow anti-war (i.e. Ron Paul) supporters in attendance.

*The police commented that the Ron Paul people were the best crowd they ever dealt with. People were constantly thanking them for their service and recommending Ron Paul to them.

*The supporters were, according to my mom, a mix of "classy rich-looking people and hippy-looking people and people from all walks of life."

*Ron Paul said he saw "Dr. Paul cured my apathy," and said, "You've cured my skepticism" and "No army can stop an idea once it gets started."

So, chins up everyone!! :)

That sounds really good. CNN can spin it however they like but it sounds like the folks who were actually there got a different view of things.

Edward
11-29-2007, 01:41 AM
It's all good!

Menthol Patch
11-29-2007, 01:43 AM
bump

Paulitical Correctness
11-29-2007, 01:43 AM
This makes me grin from ear to ear. Especially what I've read about Paul putting on a shirt signed by supporters.

Amazing.

FluxCapacitor
11-29-2007, 02:00 AM
This makes me grin from ear to ear. Especially what I've read about Paul putting on a shirt signed by supporters.

Amazing.

Indeed, I though that was particularly cool. After all, we cured his skepticism.