PDA

View Full Version : $20 to get into Rocky Mountain Natl Park?!

Matt Collins
12-14-2013, 11:58 PM
So I had some time off in Colorado today, and decided to go to Rocky Mountain National Park. It was a good time, but I can't believe they were charging $20 per car to get in! :eek:

I mean I of course prefer user fees instead of blanket taxes, but they get both I'm sure. :mad:

oyarde
12-15-2013, 12:56 AM
So I had some time off in Colorado today, and decided to go to Rocky Mountain National Park. It was a good time, but I can't believe they were charging $20 per car to get in! :eek:

I mean I of course prefer user fees instead of blanket taxes, but they get both I'm sure. :mad:

As far as I know they are all expensive now . I dunno if you still can , but when I was younger you could get in free showing my Fed Migratory bird stamp ( duck stamp) , which was $15 , I had to buy it anyway if I hunted anywhere but my property or where there could be a game warden ( Conservation Officer) , and state stamps as well , Upland bird, Migratory , both about $6 ea and then a hunting and fishing license . Or you used to be able to skip the hunting/fishing license by just buying a license for a Reservation ( those were cheaper) , in those States that had them.

Anti Federalist
12-15-2013, 01:39 AM
Be happy the King deigned that serfs be allowed on his land at all.

Zippyjuan
12-15-2013, 01:48 AM
I understand they finally have most of the roads open which were wiped out by the September floods. My Dad is retired and has a lifetime pass so I don't know what it costs.

oyarde
12-15-2013, 02:07 AM
Be happy the King deigned that serfs be allowed on his land at all.

Pretty much . I have no problem with these being turned over to the states and if kept , operated off of gate take . I guess that would be better than Fed monies .

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-15-2013, 03:44 AM
Keep complaining like that you peasant, and we'll shut down the government again.

Keith and stuff
12-15-2013, 03:52 AM
That is insane considering the season it is. I could see a fee in September or October because of the pretty leaves but this is insane!

jbauer
12-15-2013, 07:02 AM
I'm lost? You went to a park that costs a ton to keep up. They charged you for doing so. Where's the problem? Heck some of you guys want to privatize all the roads.

phill4paul
12-15-2013, 07:07 AM
Been there. Done that. About 14 years ago. I think a loaf of bread, some cheese and a can of tomato soup at the store there ran about the same.

Matt Collins
12-15-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm lost? You went to a park that costs a ton to keep up. They charged you for doing so. Where's the problem? Heck some of you guys want to privatize all the roads.My complaint is that it probably wouldn't be that expensive if it was privately owned and /or operated. And also, they are receiving tax dollars IN ADDITION TO charging the fee, which makes it even worse.

JK/SEA
12-15-2013, 10:26 AM
The Rocky Mountains aren't gonna be there forever, so time is critical. Gotta make the money while we can. The fee should be 100 bucks, and a retina scan to get by the Sentinels.