PDA

View Full Version : The POTUS 2016 "Wish List" Brainstorming Thread.

Neil Desmond
12-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Suppose our candidate (i.e., a Ron Paul libertarian type) for POTUS 2016 is elected; we're in the clear and got who we wanted into that office. Then what?

Suppose this person can push an "undo" button, one that stops the progression of the nation down the path of political/economic/social/legal decay on the fast track that it's on right now, shift it into reverse, and right what's been wronged (or at least stop the destruction happening now). Let's say someone has to write a computer program that determines what this "undo" button will do. Let's call each thing it does a task.

I would like to see what a complete list of these tasks would be and would like to hear from you guys. What would be on this list of tasks?

Here are some examples:

- Do everything Ron Paul wants to have done & would have done if he had become POTUS.
- Immediately put a permanent halt to the enforcement of all unconstitutional laws.
- Go after any states or territories (e.g., D.C.) for enforcing any laws that violate the 2nd amendment, such as gun restrictions, bans, or mandates, including infringement of conceal carry.
- Get the US military out of any conflicts in other countries.
- Get rid of the oppressive things that were done as a result of the 9/11/01 (e.g., Patriot Act 1 & 2 stuff, no fly lists, TSA screening procedures).
- Repeal (and perhaps replace) Obamacare.
- Have any justices and judges who are not practicing good behavior removed from the bench.

What else would anyone like to add to this kind of list?

limequat
12-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Cart <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< The Horse

Neil Desmond
12-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Cart <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< The Horse

So what's the cart and what's the horse? Maybe the horse needs to pull the cart back from the brink of destruction.

Oh wait - is that what the average voter is doing when they vote for the candidate sporting the initial for their political party? They're putting the cart before the horse?

mosquitobite
12-14-2013, 04:03 PM
The candidate who wants my vote simply needs to carry around a VERY FAT and LOADED veto pen.

That's all I want.

Congress has a 9% approval rating. Therefore, IMO 91% of legislation should be vetoed. ;)

Neil Desmond
12-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Oh! I just remembered a good one! Get the UN out of the US, get the UN out of the US, and do something about diplomatic relations with countries that are members of the UN; what I mean is tell them they can be recognized individually as separate countries with no recognition of the UN, or recognize the UN as one country with no recognition of the members as separate countries. This would be analogous to diplomatic relations other countries have with the US, where the 50 states is recognized as one country, but the individual states aren't recognized or represented as separate countries with other countries or with the UN.

Anti Federalist
12-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Congress has a 9% approval rating.

Congress has a 9 percent approval rating because they are not taxing, tyrannizing, bailing out and giving away enough.

The people want more tyranny, more police statism and more government handouts.

CPUd
12-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Some of that stuff can't be done by the executive alone.

Neil Desmond
12-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Some of that stuff can't be done by the executive alone.

I understand. Much of this can't be done easily without the executive, and the executive could push for it.

Christian Liberty
12-14-2013, 09:40 PM
Congress has a 9 percent approval rating because they are not taxing, tyrannizing, bailing out and giving away enough.

The people want more tyranny, more police statism and more government handouts.

Some of that 91%? Sure. I'm curious how many of them. Honestly I'm curious how many people would STILL support neoconservatism even if they came to grips with what it was.