XelR8r
11-29-2007, 01:24 AM
They say Huck won the post debate poll! A phone in of 300 people w/ 44%

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/29/Worldandnation/St_Petersburg_straw_p.shtml

partypooper
11-29-2007, 01:27 AM
They say Huck won the post debate poll! A phone in of 300 people w/ 44%

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/29/Worldandnation/St_Petersburg_straw_p.shtml

unfortunately, sounds quite plausible to me.

LoveLiberty
11-29-2007, 01:33 AM
"I voted 20 times," Derek Gyongzois, 38, of St. Petersburg exclaimed after casting ballots.

He said he works as a volunteer for the Romney campaign (and begged a reporter not to print his 20-vote tally).

Insane.

LoveLiberty
11-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Bumping this.

Can anyone think of a good reason how voting multiple times could be allowed? Is it some kind of weird absentee thing?

Seems like this should be generating a lot of noise, more than just one article in local press.

ckhagen
11-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Bumping this.

Can anyone think of a good reason how voting multiple times could be allowed? Is it some kind of weird absentee thing?

Seems like this should be generating a lot of noise, more than just one article in local press.

The straw poll was a fundraiser for the local GOP. Buying votes/voting multiple times is NOT uncommon and it's done in the open. It's unethical in my (our?) opinions, but it is allowed. Romney has just taken it past the realm of typical... he's lost his mind IMO.

Dequeant
11-30-2007, 11:31 AM
20 times is nothing

The 2 Romney supporters in front of me in the line had 80 tickets each. They were voting for about 20 minutes. Not only that, but when they were finished, they went to the "Romney Truck", and got another stack, and did it again. We confronted them about it and they said "It's nothing, its a straw poll, it's how democracy works".

When we said "If it's nothing, why'd you spend $1,600 on tickets" and they replied:

"We didn't spend anything"

BlueGecko
11-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Its was reported Romneys kids were there handing out stacks of 80 tickets to supporters.

nwfla4ronpaul
11-30-2007, 01:43 PM
I was there and I saw one Romney supporter vote 80 times. It was somewhat frustrating because Ron Paul had over 500 supporters there compared to less than 40 Romney people.
Still I enjoyed meeting different activist from Florida. Many had great signs and most were very happy to be there. I was the guy holding up the cardboard Ron Paul head.