PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Iowa rally - How much can we help?

DjLoTi
06-25-2007, 05:23 PM
I saw earlier that someone had suggested that WE (Ron Paul hardcore supporters) also bring food/chips/hot dogs/sodas ect. ect.

They say they have enough for 500, but what if we came in and just provided an additional amount of food to the point to where they'll be enough for everybody? I know the meetup I went to had TONS of food because everyone brought something ( I brought 18 pk bud light ;) ). We could make it a huge all-American event.

But if we do this.. it'll have to be organized massively. We can't have 500 bags of chips and nothing else. lol. That'll be way to salty.

What is everyone's thoughts? I think it's a good idea. We'd probably have to work directly with the campaign so they know and can expect aprox. what people will be bringing.

Noodles
06-25-2007, 05:49 PM
You have a Private Message!

mdh
06-25-2007, 06:21 PM
If beer, Sam Adams. Please take note of beverage laws though, it's potentially illegal to be hanging out with beers outside the events center.

beermotor
06-25-2007, 07:08 PM
I saw earlier that someone had suggested that WE (Ron Paul hardcore supporters) also bring food/chips/hot dogs/sodas ect. ect.

They say they have enough for 500, but what if we came in and just provided an additional amount of food to the point to where they'll be enough for everybody? I know the meetup I went to had TONS of food because everyone brought something ( I brought 18 pk bud light ;) ). We could make it a huge all-American event.

But if we do this.. it'll have to be organized massively. We can't have 500 bags of chips and nothing else. lol. That'll be way to salty.

What is everyone's thoughts? I think it's a good idea. We'd probably have to work directly with the campaign so they know and can expect aprox. what people will be bringing.

Man you know what, that's a damn good idea. Is there a park around there? You guys could have a big cookout afterwards... grill and cavort and play jump rope and whatever. Hell, it sounded better before I started typing. :D

Bradley in DC
06-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Man you know what, that's a damn good idea. Is there a park around there? You guys could have a big cookout afterwards... grill and cavort and play jump rope and whatever. Hell, it sounded better before I started typing. :D

How about a taffy pull to try to fit in?

DjLoTi
06-25-2007, 07:56 PM
There should be like a big grillout at like 3-5pm before Ron Paul starts, and then afterwards the huge group of people can flock to the event, lol. Hopefully some people in the Iowa meetup will see this and if they like the idea, they'll use it. It'd be a great way for all of the Ron Paul FREEDOM LOVERS to get to know one another and have some good food in an all-American way before the AWESOME event Ron Paul is single-handingly hosting.

kevinh-SD
06-25-2007, 11:03 PM
C'mon people! This is a simple problem. If we can't self-organize this, how can we hope to self-organize a campaign

Everyone just bring enough for yourself, and some extra to pass around. Be real hospitible. Don't demolish Dr. Paul's banquet, leave that for the Iowans who were going to the IFTR event (and hopefully will wander into Ron Paul's event)

Share your food, share your drinks, share your grill Some people will be late comers, some in the media will be hungry

Make friends with them.

Later,

Kevin