PDA

View Full Version : Cops go undercover for entire high school semester, arrest 24 for dealing drugs

tsai3904
12-13-2013, 02:52 PM
About two dozen students were arrested Thursday morning, Dec. 12, at high schools in Menifee and Perris as part of a semester-long undercover drug investigation in which deputies posed as students, authorities said.

Deputies descended on the campuses of Paloma Valley High School and Perris High School during second period to make the arrests, Riverside County sheriff’s officials said.

Lt. Paul Bennett said deputies identified a total of 25 students, two of whom are adults, suspected of selling drugs. Officers served 22 drug-related arrest warrants on campus Thursday. Three suspects weren’t in school Thursday and are still at large, he said.

Two deputies – a woman at Perris and a man at Paloma – had been posing as students since the beginning of the school year in an attempt to ferret out drug dealing on campus. Over the course of the investigation, deputies seized drugs including marijuana, cocaine, crack cocaine, methamphetamine, hashish and various prescription pills, the release said. Bennett said most of the drug buys were for small amounts of marijuana.

More:
http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside-county/perris/perris-headlines-index/20131212-drug-arrests-perris-and-menifee-students-snared-by-undercover-deputies.ece

pcosmar
12-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Wow..
Public education.. Those kids just learned something.

I wonder how much it cost to arrest 22 minors for minor drug sales.??

Anti Federalist
12-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Freedom

tod evans
12-13-2013, 04:07 PM
The cops, the school, the teachers...........All paid for with tax dollars.

The ruined lives.........Those too will be paid for with tax-dollars. :mad:

PRB
12-13-2013, 04:19 PM
how do you get cops to look under 18?

phill4paul
12-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Wow..
Public education.. Those kids just learned something.

I wonder how much it cost to arrest 22 minors for minor drug sales.??

Avg. Deputy wage in California: $52k x 2 = $104k
$104k / 25 = $4k per bust (+/-)

Philhelm
12-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Well, I commend the officers for not using an attractive young woman to trick a lonely guy with down's syndrome to fall in love with her and buy drugs to please her. I commend them, this time, for such tender mercy.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-13-2013, 06:06 PM

Is that a riddle?

If not, wtf does 18 look like?

PRB
12-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Is that a riddle?

If not, wtf does 18 look like?

No, it's not a riddle, to think there's no such thing as looking 18 or under vs 22 or older ignores the reality of people who complain about being carded when buying smokes and alcohol, or people who use the defense "she looked legal" in statutory rape cases.

dannno
12-13-2013, 06:18 PM

When I was 21 people accused me of looking 14.

Girls are even easier - some girls who are 14 or 15 look like they are in their 20s and can buy alcohol and crap - some girls who are 26 still look 14.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-13-2013, 06:24 PM
No, it's not a riddle, to think there's no such thing as looking 18 or under vs 22 or older ignores the reality of people who complain about being carded when buying smokes and alcohol, or people who use the defense "she looked legal" in statutory rape cases.

I wasn't asking if it was a riddle to be disrespectful. I thought maybe there was a punchline.

When I'm "carded" for alcohol, I'm told the corporate policy is to card anyone who looks younger than 40. If companies don't trust their wide range of employees to know the difference between 21 and 40, what would make me think there's a giant distinction between 18 and 22?

You tell me. How do YOU tell the difference between 18 and 22?

PRB
12-13-2013, 06:29 PM
I wasn't asking if it was a riddle to be disrespectful. I thought maybe there was a punchline.

When I'm "carded" for alcohol, I'm told the corporate policy is to card anyone who looks younger than 40. If companies don't trust their wide range of employees to know the difference between 21 and 40, what would make me think there's a giant distinction between 18 and 22?

You tell me. How do YOU tell the difference between 18 and 22?

Their cut off is 40, meaning you'd have to decide first if the person is under 40 or over 40. Regardless of whether he/she is over 21.

Usually I tell by the way a person talks, I'm not always right, but for a person working undercover to act 5 years younger, personally I think raises suspicions easily (not to say they can't just deny all the way, as there'd be no way to prove it).

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-13-2013, 06:36 PM
but for a person working undercover to act 5 years younger, personally I think raises suspicions easily

So... you are claiming that you are good at reading people, or bad at reading people?

I know plenty of people that "act" 5 years younger or older, and they aren't even smart enough to play a part. That's just where they live.

DamianTV
12-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Their cut off is 40, meaning you'd have to decide first if the person is under 40 or over 40. Regardless of whether he/she is over 21.

Usually I tell by the way a person talks, I'm not always right, but for a person working undercover to act 5 years younger, personally I think raises suspicions easily (not to say they can't just deny all the way, as there'd be no way to prove it).

Yeah, like not seeing them at a BAR after School. Thats not a Dead Giveaway or nuthin...

Other side of the coin, the kids in schools are so forcibly medicated into zombielike states, they are probably unable to notice even if it were to slap them across the face or shoot them in the kneecaps.

catfeathers
12-13-2013, 06:57 PM
I looked older than my age from 10 to mid teens. When I was 19 and pregnant with my oldest child an old woman went off on my mother when we were shopping together in a grocery store. She started yelling about letting a baby have a baby. My mom yelled back at her "She's 19 and married, she can have a baby if she wants to!" I was a waitress in a bar at about 24 and got asked a few times if I was old enough to work there. :D
I still have people looking at me a little funny when I talk about my granddaughter.

catfeathers
12-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Ever watch 21 Jump Street? TV show, not movie.

PRB
12-13-2013, 07:00 PM
So... you are claiming that you are good at reading people, or bad at reading people?

I know plenty of people that "act" 5 years younger or older, and they aren't even smart enough to play a part. That's just where they live.

I use common sense when reading people, I'm neither 0% nor 100% right.

Henry Rogue
12-13-2013, 07:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ajKI4lRGwZ8

catfeathers
12-13-2013, 07:06 PM
About :32 Johnny Depp kind of looks like Harry Potter.

mad cow
12-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Old School:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBxTT2Th9s4

devil21
12-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Bennett said the deputies selected to go undercover this year received additional training about special needs students, in addition to training about avoiding entrapment.

I remember a similar story only a couple months ago about undercover cops doing this and targeting special needs students for drug arrests. They're going after the mentally challenged ones on purpose. The challenged kids wouldn't be good at guessing ages nor discerning about who they befriend.

heavenlyboy34
12-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Freedom
I don't think you pronounced that right...but I can't hear you over all this fucking freedom. Speak up, son!

Carson
12-13-2013, 09:03 PM
I remember a similar story only a couple months ago about undercover cops doing this and targeting special needs students for drug arrests. They're going after the mentally challenged ones on purpose. The challenged kids wouldn't be good at guessing ages nor discerning about who they befriend.

This sounds like the same group. I'm thinking they have been working the area far and wide.

JK/SEA
12-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Freedom

FLEE-dom

devil21
12-13-2013, 09:31 PM
This sounds like the same group. I'm thinking they have been working the area far and wide.

Now that you mention it I do think the other instance was also Riverside CA. I guess there's not enough "real" crime in Riverside that they have to spend tax money to bust some kids over a nickle bag of dirt weed.

tsai3904
12-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Now that you mention it I do think the other instance was also Riverside CA. I guess there's not enough "real" crime in Riverside that they have to spend tax money to bust some kids over a nickle bag of dirt weed.

Riverside Cop Tricks Autistic Teen into Buying Pot

"We felt like our family was totally violated by the sheriff's department and the school district," says Doug and Catherine Snodgrass of Temecula, California. Last December their 17-year-old autistic high school son was arrested after twice buying marijuana for an undercover Riverside county police officer.

The undercover operation, titled "Operation Glass House," spanned a few months and included undercover officers in three area high schools: Chaparral, Temecula Valley, and Rancho Vista Continuation. The officers posed as regular high school students and would ask other students for drugs. Twenty-two students were arrested - the majority of them are reported to be special needs students like the Snodgrass' son.

http://reason.com/reasontv/2013/10/09/riverside-cop-tricks-autistic-teen-into

Henry Rogue
12-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Old School:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBxTT2Th9s4I remember that one too.

bolil
12-13-2013, 11:28 PM
Meh, the pigs of the world should keep in mind one thing: "following orders is no excuse." Another thing: we are more, and much more intelligent. :) for resident pigs.

TomKat
12-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Freedom

I don't think you pronounced that right...but I can't hear you over all this fucking freedom. Speak up, son!

+rep Best responses to a police state story ever!! Still laughing!

matt0611
12-14-2013, 12:08 PM
So did they attend class every day or what?

libertarianMoney
12-14-2013, 02:17 PM
I really respect this forum for no one going into the old:

"Cops get to have their dreams come true. They spent all of high school being bullied. Now they get to go back while probably looking older and less awkward. Congratulations!"

Yes. I respect this forum for not saying:

"I wonder how many kids were inappropriately touched during this undercover job?"

Going into these would be cheap shots based on cop stereotypes (that I felt the compulsive need to bring up anyway.)

Thank god students don't have any constitutional rights while in school anyway cause this would have been a major controversy.
*looks at constitution
Wait a second...

Quark
12-14-2013, 02:37 PM
I really respect this forum for no one going into the old:

"Cops get to have their dreams come true. They spent all of high school being bullied. Now they get to go back while probably looking older and less awkward. Congratulations!"

I always thought the stereotype was that the cops were the bullies not the bullied.

MelissaWV
12-14-2013, 02:42 PM

I would like to see their grades, personally.

PRB
12-14-2013, 05:56 PM

they must've, or else people would've started asking questions already.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Yes. I respect this forum for not saying:

"I wonder how many kids were inappropriately touched during this undercover job?"

In most places, 22 year old cops would be fine with sexing 16+ students. It would be inappropriate and not within the scope of their job, but those aren't usually barriers, and not illegal if not coerced. (it would be fake ass shit, but 18 year old guys will get laid being fake too.) I'm not the forum, btw, just me. I'd rather cops leave students alone completely. No dogs sniffing, no metal detection, not entrapment, no nothing. Cops don't belong in schools, uniformed or not.

MRK
12-15-2013, 12:54 PM
"This is nuts on parade"

MRK
12-15-2013, 01:00 PM
So let me get this right.

The government steals your money to put kids in school. The government steals your money to put cops on your streets. The government puts its cops in your school, to kick your kids out onto the street, for having arbitrarily forbidden plant derivatives. At this point, the government steals your money to put the kids in court, the government steals your money to put your kids in jail or the government graciously allows you to voluntarily give your money if you want to pay off the rehab center mafia so your kid doesn't have to go to the jail that was paid for by your stolen money that is only slightly less comforting than the 8-hour a day jail your money pays for when your kid is locked in an educational compound, complete with random lockdowns, drug dog searches and in-compound police guards.

HOLLYWOOD
12-15-2013, 01:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ9SHDIjMgE