PDA

View Full Version : CA-Santa Monica's top paid cop made $314,360 last year

Anti Federalist
12-11-2013, 10:14 PM
He Has Sent Hither Swarms of Officers...

28 Santa Monica cops took home more than $200K

http://nalert.blogspot.com/2013/12/28-cops-took-home-more-than-200k.html

Santa Monica Daily Press reports:

Twenty-eight members of the Santa Monica Police Department made more than $200,000 last fiscal year, according to documents provided by City Hall.

Santa Monica consistently has some of the highest paid police department members in Los Angeles County, according to State Controller’s Office records from the past several years.

Four captains, five lieutenants, 12 sergeants, five officers, the deputy police chief, and Chief Jacqueline Seabrooks make up the list.

The top paid member, a sergeant, made $314,360. Next in line, another sergeant, made $268,817.

aGameOfThrones
12-11-2013, 10:26 PM
No cop should make this much.

Mini-Me
12-11-2013, 11:59 PM

Unless perhaps they've made their career putting their lives in REAL danger by busting other cops. ;)

Keith and stuff
12-12-2013, 12:14 AM

Unless they are useful/helpful to society.

kcchiefs6465
12-12-2013, 06:36 AM
[Unless you pay them out of your own damn pocket.]

A single penny from me is too much.

DamianTV
12-12-2013, 06:43 AM
Unless perhaps they've made their career putting their lives in REAL danger by busting other cops. ;)

I've got a buddy that works at Wal Mart. He made $9621 last year. He puts his life in REAL danger every Black Friday, yet, cant afford health insurance. This Cop could afford a fucking Mansion.

jbauer
12-12-2013, 06:54 AM
The top paid member, a sergeant, made $314,360. Next in line, another sergeant, made $268,817.

314k on the books. That doesn't count all the under the table money.

HOLLYWOOD
12-12-2013, 07:01 AM
DHS FUNDS the machinery/electronics/equipment, so the cities can raise the 'Strong Arm's' pay and benefits well above the serfs & mundanes classes.

There's a reason for this, to create the government privilege class... so no government worker ever hesitates in controlling the proletariat. They're buying loyalty and for the violent portions of the government branches, buying 'No/Don't Hesitate" in using force. Even deadly force, which is backed and rubber-stamped by the "JUST-US" system. For the JUST-US class

Government bribery of the voters with 'Crumbs/Soylent Green', while the government class steals the money and enriches themselves.

tod evans
12-12-2013, 07:18 AM

Umm,

This is what they're claiming for tax purposes..

There's no telling what "perks" these tax-ticks get off the books.

Philhelm
12-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Umm,

This is what they're claiming for tax purposes..

There's no telling what "perks" these tax-ticks get off the books.

Probably free blow jobs from underage girls forced into prostitution and free drugs stolen from drug raids. Not to mention all of the other nefarious perks.

tod evans
12-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Probably free blow jobs from underage girls forced into prostitution and free drugs stolen from drug raids. Not to mention all of the other nefarious perks.

Like all mobsters they certainly get a percentage of everything that goes down on their turf...:mad:

Anti Federalist
12-12-2013, 11:09 AM
I've got a buddy that works at Wal Mart. He made $9621 last year. He puts his life in REAL danger every Black Friday, yet, cant afford health insurance. This Cop could afford a fucking Mansion.

One of those "good" Wal Marx jobs, eh?

extrmmxer
12-12-2013, 11:12 AM

That's inexcusable. You imagine what their retirement plan looks like.

tod evans
12-12-2013, 11:14 AM
That's inexcusable. You imagine what their retirement plan looks like.

Don't worry the fed will figure out a way for our kids-n-grandkids to foot that bill.

These heros deserve their retirement..:rolleyes:

ZENemy
12-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Is this with or without the "Drug money" they "seize" every day?

Acala
12-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Having seen this process close up, I can add a few tidbits. Cops get FAR more compensation than their official salary. They get overtime for court appearances and providing security for events. The use of off duty cops as security at private events is often mandated by the permit to have the event so cops get paid for that as well. They also get special perks like uniform and weapon allowances (where I live they get a uniform allowance AND a free uniform!). And they typically have lucrative pensions.

In my city, of the highest paid 100 City employees, more than half are in public "safety". Of the top 20, 12 are cops. Keep in mind that the City employs a slew of accountants, lawyers, engineers, and other professionals.

Why? Two reasons. Police are unionized and bargain aggressively. And the public buys into the propaganda and the politicians are afraid to play hardball. So the cops make the best deals year after year.

specsaregood
12-12-2013, 12:09 PM

Its a lot of money, but you aren't gonna buy a mansion for that, not in the LA area anyways.

tod evans
12-13-2013, 06:54 AM
Its a lot of money, but you aren't gonna buy a mansion for that, not in the LA area anyways.

1/4 Million + per year is entirely too much to pay any public servant.

WM_in_MO
12-13-2013, 06:57 AM
It pays to break faces for the state.