PDA

View Full Version : February trial date for former Hero Plymouth police sergeant

aGameOfThrones
12-11-2013, 03:55 PM
A February trial date has been set for Shawn Coughlin, the former Plymouth police sergeant accused of assaulting a handcuffed prisoner.

Coughlin is slated to face a jury in U.S. District Court in Boston on Monday, Feb. 10, with Judge Nathaniel Gorton presiding.
Coughlin is accused of hitting and kneeing a prisoner while he was handcuffed behind the back in the lockup at police headquarters on Nov. 19, 2011. A video surveillance camera allegedly recorded the assault.

Coughlin was indicted on federal charges of deprivation of the prisoner’s constitutional rights and falsifying a record in a federal investigation in October 2012.

The town fired Coughlin shortly after his indictment Coughlin pleaded innocent to the charges at his arraignment in federal court in October 2012. He was freed on $5,000 bond pendng trial, but had to surrender his weapons.

At the time, the government estimated the trial would last five days and include testimony from 10 government witnesses.

Read more: http://www.wickedlocal.com/plymouth/news/x800885783/February-trial-date-for-former-Plymouth-police-sergeant#ixzz2nCnzFZcD

I'll save you the trouble and tell you how they'll answer.

Government Witnesses:

1, I didn't see anything

2, I didn't see anything

3, I didn't see anything

4, I didn't see anything

5, I didn't see anything

6, I didn't see anything

7, I didn't see anything

8, I didn't see anything

9, I didn't see anything

10 Video camera: I saw it, but I don't count. Besides, I might develop "delete syndrome".