PDA

View Full Version : Cop Who Executed 13 Yr Old CA Boy Back To Work

DamianTV
12-11-2013, 03:34 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Deputy-who-killed-13-year-old-back-to-work-5049199.php

The Sonoma County sheriff's deputy who shot and killed a 13-year-old boy outside Santa Rosa after mistaking the youth's toy gun for a real rifle was expected to return to work this week, according to a published report.

Erick Gelhaus has been on leave since the Oct. 22 shooting of Andy Lopez Cruz, who was carrying a replica AK-47 pellet gun near his home.

Gelhaus went through a mental health screening and is returning to desk duty, the Santa Rosa Press Democrat reported. The sheriff's office did not return calls from The Chronicle seeking comment.

Critics of Gelhaus, outraged that the deputy will be back on the job, are planning to march in protest Tuesday evening. They said the department should wait until outside investigations of the incident by Santa Rosa police and the county district attorney's office are complete.

"To return Gelhaus to work is such an insult to the community," said Jonathan Melrod, one of the protest organizers. "Many people view this as salt in the wound because of the nature of what happened, the killing of a child."

Andy's family has filed a federal lawsuit alleging civil rights violations.

Santa Rosa police officials said Gelhaus ordered Andy to drop the rifle, which did not have the orange tip that toy guns are required to have under federal law. Andy did not drop the gun, police said, and when he turned toward the officers, Gelhaus fired eight times, fearing for his life.

tod evans
12-11-2013, 03:42 AM
A few more strongly worded letters will make a difference...:mad:

belian78
12-11-2013, 08:30 AM
So would a long distance conversation with a Remington 700.

aGameOfThrones
12-11-2013, 10:03 AM
http://thetruthaboutsuccess.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/public-hanging-notice.gif

tod evans
12-11-2013, 10:55 AM
I was giving this guy a rest but there's obviously a place for him in this thread;

http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/smilies/hang.gif Get a rope! :mad:

jmdrake
12-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Note there will be no "Trayvon Martin style" hoodies worn in honor of this boy. As much as many of us disagree on that case, I think we can all agree that there is a disgusting hypocricy on how these shootings are treeded depending upon the narrative the media wants to put out at the moment.

aGameOfThrones
12-11-2013, 12:13 PM
The kid was walking to his friends house, then he gets yelled at by a douchebag in costume, he turns and gets shot and killed by said douchebag. What did the kid do that was unlawful for the cop to initiate the encounter with deadly force? There is no rush for the answer.

Brian4Liberty
12-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Mistakes made on the job. Interesting subject. What should the "punishment" be? A fast food worker may get fired for the slightest screw-up. Doctors and Hospitals can kill people all day long via mistakes and incompetence, with zero consequences (except for the occasional lawsuit).

A trigger happy cop on the street? Probably not a good idea for him to continue in that line of work. Yet, this is also a systemic problem, with the militarization of the Police, and all citizens being treated like guerrilla fighters in an occupied nation. Blow-back from the wars. "We have to fight them over there, so that we don't have to fight them here." Some unintended consequences resulted, right here at home.

Christian Liberty
12-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Note there will be no "Trayvon Martin style" hoodies worn in honor of this boy. As much as many of us disagree on that case, I think we can all agree that there is a disgusting hypocricy on how these shootings are treeded depending upon the narrative the media wants to put out at the moment.

I don't really know what happened there, and with that said, I'm happy that Zimmerman was not prosecuted. If Zimmerman did actually murder the kid that would be different, but I don't remember there being enough evidence that that really happened. Did Ron Paul say anything about that case, just out of curiosity?

Every freedom-loving citizen should assume that this cop is a threat to their safety, and take appropriate precautions.

Philhelm
12-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Where's Dorner when you need him?

aGameOfThrones
12-11-2013, 03:40 PM

On trial. What happened to the cops that shot the 2 women and the guy in their trucks by "mistaking" them for Dorner?

erowe1
12-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Has his name been public for a long time? I just noticed it in the OP.

At least that information is out there so that he can rightfully be demonized in that community.

pcosmar
12-11-2013, 04:06 PM

On trial.

Nope,, Burned alive.
They very definitely did not want him on trial.
There was never any intention of arresting or having a trial.

pcosmar
12-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Has his name been public for a long time? I just noticed it in the OP.

At least that information is out there so that he can rightfully be demonized in that community.

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/10/erick-gelhaus-andy-lopez-shooting-cop/