PDA

View Full Version : A letter to Mr. Dobbs.

hard@work
11-29-2007, 12:51 AM
I don't know why I'm posting this. I just kinda get on these rants and this stuff comes out. It's winded, wordy, poorly formatted, and blithering. But eh, it's fun! I enjoy writing and on the off chance that what I have to say inspires someone to do the same it's worth it. Feel free to comment or criticize, I love it all. Or just let it fall down to the bottom, as long as I got this off my chest and shared it with 1-2 views it's a win for me.

I sent this to Lou Dobbs. You know he's a hero for a lot of us but we're getting really anxious. So I can't hold on to hoping that he's going to stop being just a pundit and start really fighting for Paul.

Mr. Dobbs,

This is the last time I will send a message. I know you get too many. I will do you and your staffer who screens these online messages the courtesy of being honest and sincere in the hopes that it is actually your eyes that reads this. And I know you get many many of them from those of us who support the one person on that stage completely opposed to the NAU and everything behind it and everything the cause of it. But we cannot wait for you any longer Lou. We need you and we need you now. This is your one chance as much as it is ours. Please forgive me for not being able to contain the size of my letter. I think we have all had enough of the sound bites and if truly heartfelt my request of you deserves to be explained.

You sir, are a hero of mine. For years I have loyally watched your show, one of the few television programs I bother to watch anymore. My friends and I always the true patriots would discuss how the American principles were fading. And how a few individuals’ hungry for whatever it could possibly be that drives them have managed to corrode and decay the spirit of America. I can't tell you how many times after work or during a break the guys from the office would all get together and talk about "Good old Dobbs" or "Dobbs". It was punditry like you and Olberman that matched our beliefs, beliefs not gotten from the punditry but from good old deductive reasoning. But skeptical always we discussed equally the political merits of both parties; however never questioning that truly we had one and only one political party. As I recall these warm memories of political banter, argument, and occasionally true debate with consensus I think of how melancholy times have become with the choices we have had.

But then we found Dr. Paul. And yes, he is correct. He did not find us. We found him. And I will tell you sir, every one of my friends who also sees you as one of the few true heroes left to us has found Dr. Paul as well. And as time has gone one and debates have occurred we've felt suffocated by your organization. Those of us who once heralded every "special commentary" by Keith Olberman now feel betrayed by the very man who called upon one of us to rise against the leviathan that the political system has become. Those of us who were foolish enough to trust O'reilly, Hannity, or any of the faux-conservatives on the radio are flabbergasted at the misrepresentation of fact and the abberation of patriotism. But Mr. Dobbs has always stayed on message, always been true to the people and never afraid to criticize the corporatist state that we have become.

We are on our last legs with the media. I know I do not have to discuss with you the consolidation of the networks. I know you are aware. But I tell you now that the American people are aware now too. We are talking about it even if you do not, Paul supporter or not. And now that we have seen that the messages we hold dear are censored and marginalized we are fed up. It is not that we ask for antitrust, it is that our trust has been abused. And in greater and greater numbers we are turning away from those who have broken that sacred bond. So in this letter I wish to bring three things to you that ultimately I hope you will understand and agree. As I said in the beginning I will send no more. This is my last hope. But that hope is that I will reach you somehow past your screeners. And that perhaps you will understand why it is I made the choice I have made for a man who I do not always agree with. I will not bore you with policy, I am sure you are at least superficially aware of Dr. Paul's beliefs and their potential positives.

We The People, those of us who are aware, those of us who are still truly paying attention, those of us who care about you and each and every one of us have already chosen our leader. We have set aside our political or social differences and have begun the process of electing a President as described and intended by the founders. I say this because I do not mean by watching debates or staged "town hall" meetings with fake questions by fake people. I say this because we are holding town halls, discussing our politics, learning about the issues, and settling our disagreements. For the first time in my waking life I am seeing the process of a democratic republic work as intended and as described to me in my education. Although our numbers are severely underestimated we know what we are up against. And we know that there are forces that do not share our beliefs in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. At least not in the manner that we see these three ideals. And most definitely not in the Original Intent of the founders of the United States.

First I say to you that we the people who have chosen to rise up for the cause of liberty and join the freedom movement are truly diverse. We represent all of America, and we represent the remnant of those who recall what the Original Intent of the founders truly meant. And as we all share in diversity we share in difference of opinion. Because of this we have cast off our political or social differences in order to first restore the Republican Party and then restore the Republic.

Second I say to you that we have been betrayed by those who we have trusted with a sacred honor. We will need new methods of public education to help guide and inform the public in a way that brings true understanding of national and worldwide events. If we cannot get the truth from those who choose what we know and understand then we will have to seek knowledge elsewhere. It is my hope and my prayer that noble men such as yourself who truly have the power to make a difference can help to guide us peacefully through the storms if we are to avoid further destruction to our way of life. Without justice and honesty being the driving force of those who were charged with the responsibility of the press we are lost as a people and damned as a nation. Sir, the Fourth Estate must be restored.

And finally I suggest that we will need new leaders to carry the torches of liberty on. Those individuals who will not be afraid to speak for liberty and defend that sacred gift into the next generations. Those who understand that no matter what our beliefs politically, economically, or socially may be ultimately it is freedom that binds us. It is freedom that forgives our misgivings, and liberty that creates true virtue. But we must be realist in some respects and observe the political reality around us. It is this realization that has caused so many of us from different backgrounds to set aside our differences. And we are searching now not just for those who would support Dr. Paul, but for those of other political thought that we can trust the same with the faith we have for him.

Perhaps it is time for you to find us and stop asking us if we'll find you. If I may be so bold as to even suggest that you do what the people themselves have done. I think it is time for you to compare the real metrics Lou. Just make sure you start with Ron Paul's map. And if I've reached you I will tell you what we've all told each other hundreds of thousands of times. Make sure you get to your meetup group, this is our last chance.

http://RonPaul.meetup.com

Just punch in your zip code and you will see.

Your Fan,

Adam

literatim
11-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Excellent. :)

kill the banks
11-29-2007, 01:11 AM
thx hard@work ... [ damn good letter ]

lou you can truly help restore the republic [ home of the brave ]

kill the banks

LibertyForever
11-29-2007, 01:13 AM
This is truly amazing, great job!

Edward
11-29-2007, 01:14 AM
I appreciate the effort, but it's too long. If I won't take the time to read all of it, Dobbs certainly won't.

literatim
11-29-2007, 01:22 AM
You should print it out and send it to him through snail mail. :)

Richandler
11-29-2007, 01:28 AM
Handwritten.... Though I do believe that wouldn't be worth it.

Micahyah
11-29-2007, 01:30 AM
someone needs to make a youtube mashup of Dobbs and Toobin tonight. Lets show how CNN's political spin contradicts it's most popular host.

apc3161
11-29-2007, 01:40 AM
I read each and every word.

I found that to be an incredible letter. Good job.

texasbelle
11-29-2007, 01:47 AM
Very moving letter. I hope it does make it past the screeners.

hard@work
11-29-2007, 01:50 AM
... little help guys...?

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed. lou.dobbs@cnn.com

texasbelle
11-29-2007, 01:56 AM
maybe his inbox is full after the debate?? you may have to go snail mail.

hard@work
11-29-2007, 11:20 AM
If I have to hand deliver it so be it.

;)

Falseflagop
11-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Adam why to go !!

I would email it and handwrite send it

FEDEX to his attention that way he will get iT!! Cost 9.00 !!

apc3161
11-29-2007, 01:41 PM
... little help guys...?

lol....

bolidew
11-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Awesome!

Sign it and mail it!