PDA

View Full Version : Six year old suspended for 'sexual harassment'

Danke
12-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Six year old suspended for 'sexual harassment'

POSTED: 06:16 PM MST Dec 09, 2013
UPDATED: 01:22 PM MST Dec 10, 2013

CANON CITY, Colo. -
A six year old boy is suspended from school in Canon City for kissing a classmate on the cheek

Child Psychologist: six-year-old kissing girl normal...
His mother says it's a crush and the two children like each other. But the school is calling it something else; sexual harassment.

First grader, Hunter Yelton, told us he loves science and phys-ed. Also...that he has a crush on a girl at school, who likes him back.

It may sound innocent enough...but at six years old Hunter now has 'sexual harassment' on his school record.

"It was during class yeah. We were doing reading group and I leaned over and kissed her on the hand. That's what happened," said Hunter Yelton.

Six year old Hunter was at home on Monday instead of at school.

"They sent me to the office, fair and square. I did something wrong and I feel sorry," he said.

"She was fine with it, they are ‘boyfriend and girlfriend’. The other children saw it and went to the music teacher. That was the day I had the meeting with the principal, where she first said 'sexual harassment'. This is taking it to an extreme that doesn't need to be met with a six year old. Now my son is asking questions… what is sex mommy? That should not ever be said, sex. Not in a sentence with a six year old," said Hunters’ mom, Jennifer Saunders.

Both hunter and his mom, Jennifer, admit he's had some trouble at school in the past. Hunter has been suspended for rough-housing, and for kissing the same girl on the cheek.

“We've been working with him with the classroom disruption. He was grounded for awhile. Big restrictions," said Saunders.

Report Bonnie Silkman asks Hunter, “Are you trying to be good at school? Hunter replies, “Yes…I have a lot of energy. I mean six year olds. They have a lot of energy."

The superintendent at School District RE-1, says any school record remains within the district. And Hunters’ actions fit the school policy description of 'sexual harassment'

"How can you do this? How can you say this about my child? Remove sexual harassment, remove it from his record. I'm going to stand up and fight for him because that's not the case, that's not what happened at all,” said Saunders.”

The school district also says Hunters' parents may believe that kissing the girl at school is overall acceptable- but that's where the school disagrees.

They're hoping the suspension changes hunter's behavior.

Hunter is supposed to return to school in Canon City on Tuesday.

http://www.krdo.com/news/six-year-old-suspended-for-sexual-harassment/-/417220/23403144/-/ndefbbz/-/index.html

Dr.3D
12-10-2013, 10:05 PM
His mother should ask who was being harassed? If nobody is complaining of being harassed, then there was no harassment.

acptulsa
12-10-2013, 10:07 PM
And what would have happened if he had kissed another boy?

Public school. Also known as Traumatic Complexes R Us. You bear 'em. We scar 'em for life.

eduardo89
12-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Do you have a son you don't know about, Danke?

RickyJ
Fire the principal and teacher that were involved in this. This is retarded! How are kids suppose to learn anything with retarded teachers and principals?

Carson
He is well on to a reputation for himself.

Even if they don't make him register by the time kissing gets popular in his class he will be a legend.

If you listen carefully his whispered name will drift on the wind.

Cutlerzzz
12-10-2013, 11:22 PM
I feel safer knowing this is on the record.

ObiRandKenobi
12-10-2013, 11:23 PM
lol

Danke
12-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Do you have a son you don't know about, Danke?

Many.

acptulsa
12-10-2013, 11:33 PM
I feel safer knowing this is on the record.

Yeah. God forbid there be a six year old Don Juan running around that the Department of Homeland Security doesn't know about...

heavenlyboy34
12-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Many.

What's your human/animal impregnation ratio? I know you flyboys are into those sort of things... :eek:

Origanalist
12-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Yeah. God forbid there be a six year old Don Juan running around that the Department of Homeland Security doesn't know about...

This could lead to really bad things, like growing up to kiss women on the lips. National security is at stake here.

eduardo89
12-10-2013, 11:40 PM
This could lead to really bad things, like growing up to kiss women on the lips. National security is at stake here.

Men are only supposed to kiss women's asses. And only figuratively.

heavenlyboy34
12-10-2013, 11:41 PM

Or a variety of animals, ala danke. :eek:

heavenlyboy34
12-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Men are only supposed to kiss women's asses. And only figuratively.

Shit. Men have been doing it wrong for millenia. :eek: You should write a book, bro.

eduardo89
12-10-2013, 11:43 PM
Shit. Men have been doing it wrong for millenia. :eek: You should write a book, bro.

Pretty sure Rachel Maddow is already on top of it.

Origanalist
12-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Pretty sure Rachel Maddow is already on top of it.

On top of what?

eduardo89
12-10-2013, 11:48 PM
On top of what?

No, let's not go there.

Origanalist
12-10-2013, 11:49 PM
No, let's not go there.

Pretty sure I beat her to the spot.

DamianTV
12-11-2013, 02:19 AM
I was charged with the Crime of Sexual Harassment in the Military when I called "the little room where you control where the airplane flys" a "cockpit".

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-11-2013, 02:28 AM
Every Father should get their boys out of the Feminist State-indoctrinating centers known as 'school'. Labeling boys natural emotions and behaviors as psychological disorders and 'problems', and this non-sense...I'm surprised they didn't throw him on the sex offender registry and tack on an ankle bracelet...because you know...DANGER.

Mani
12-11-2013, 02:38 AM
I was charged with the Crime of Sexual Harassment in the Military when I called "the little room where you control where the airplane flys" a "cockpit".

Joey....have you ever seen a grown man naked?

DamianTV
12-11-2013, 02:39 AM
Every Father should get their boys out of the Feminist State-indoctrinating centers known as 'school'. Labeling boys natural emotions and behaviors as psychological disorders and 'problems', and this non-sense...I'm surprised they didn't throw him on the sex offender registry and tack on an ankle bracelet...because you know...DANGER.

Dont be suprised if within 10 years, EVERY child enrolled in a Public School is required to be put on Ritalin before they are "allowed" to attend. Oh yeah, and an RFID Implant.

Suzanimal
12-11-2013, 08:01 AM
My son's school tried to pin sexual harassment on him when he was in Pre-K (4 years old). The playground at his school had a big rock the boys liked to play king of the hill on and one day a little girl decided she wanted to play too. Well, my son pushed her chest to get her off the rock and the girl complains to the teacher that he touched her boobies. The school calls me to come up immediately for a conference with the principal and when she told me what happened I thought he was in trouble for shoving the girl, which I thought was stupid because the girl wanted to play and knew how the game goes. Imagine my surprise when she explained that he was in trouble for sexually harassing the little girl. I just busted out laughing, the principal explained that she understood that Jon didn't understand that he had touched the girl inappropriately but the girl felt violated and they had to take action. They wanted me to sign some papers basically saying my son was a little perv. and if I didn't he would be expelled. I said fine, try it and I'll see you in court - there was no way in hell I was going to let them put sexual harassment on my sons record. She backed down a little bit and we set up a meeting with the girls parents. The girls mother showed up, she was very nice about the whole thing and we ended up both agreeing to talk to our children about touching.:rolleyes: That was 10 years ago, my sons only made it another year and a half in public school before I pulled them out to homeschool them. My biggest regret, as a parent, is ever sending them to that shit hole to begin with.

tod evans
12-11-2013, 08:13 AM
These are the folks tasked with "educating" children?

How utterly ridiculous!

pcosmar
12-11-2013, 08:36 AM
When I was six I got slapped for kissing a girl. I liked her.

It was the end of it.. but I still liked her.

belian78
12-11-2013, 08:37 AM
When I was six I got slapped for kissing a girl. I liked her.

It was the end of it.. but I still liked her.
It's all about being offended and telling on each other anymore. Don't take care of yourself, run to the state to protect you.

FindLiberty
12-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Insane: Six year old suspended for 'sexual harassment'

WTF is the matter here? That teacher and any approving heads on up should all be terminated from employment and banned from any future professional contact with children unless this is just an Onion joke. Schools are very bad, but can this insanity be real?

Parents: Keep him out of that school if at all humanly possible.

Cissy
12-11-2013, 11:39 AM
I'd bet that one of the adults at the school put the idea of boyfriend/girlfriend in the kids heads in the first place. Some adults get a kick out of asking pre-pubescent child who their boyfriend/girlfriend is, and then are shocked, shocked, when the kids act on that assumption.

Whatever happened to letting kids be kids?

PaulConventionWV
12-11-2013, 11:49 AM
His mother should ask who was being harassed? If nobody is complaining of being harassed, then there was no harassment.

Well, you know, six years old is well below the age of consent...

I actually agree with you, but school officials just can't seem to tell the difference. They never can.

12-11-2013, 04:23 PM
http://cdn.superbwallpapers.com/wallpapers/meme/i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-11372-400x250.jpg

I would have totally lost it on the school if they pulled that on my kid.

Philhelm
12-11-2013, 05:13 PM
I'd bet a small fortune that if the kid was caught sucking another boy's cock the ACLU would have rushed to his defense more quickly than the time it took for Osama bin Laden's body to hit the bottom of the sea.

Anti Federalist
12-11-2013, 05:34 PM
"They sent me to the office, fair and square. I did something wrong and I feel sorry," he said.

Yup, got the proper programmed reaction...shame.

Government schools are child abuse.

Anti Federalist
12-11-2013, 05:35 PM
I'd bet a small fortune that if the kid was caught sucking another boy's cock the ACLU would have rushed to his defense more quickly than the time it took for Osama bin Laden's body to hit the bottom of the sea.

Not taking that bet.

Whose body?

asurfaholic
12-11-2013, 06:21 PM

So you are saying that the ACLU wouldn't have come at all? Or it all would be a show? I am confuse.

asurfaholic
12-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Not taking that bet.

Whose body?

Crap didnt finish reading the thread

Anti Federalist
12-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Fire the principal and teacher that were involved in this. This is retarded! How are kids suppose to learn anything with retarded teachers and principals?

On what grounds?

I am quite sure they were following "official policy".

Pericles
12-11-2013, 07:17 PM

My children will never attend a public school, unless I run it.

bolil
12-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Fuck making light of this. They are charging a child with a sex offense, for a kiss on a fucking cheek. Did they charge that raw bacon that decked that teen? How long did the pig that murdered Oscar Grant stay in jail? Did they put that pork mother fucker in general population (you know, where young drug offenders wind up and are usually raped?)

There is a bag of spicy-saucy dick waiting for these administrators and teachers in hell. Lotsa polyps on them phalices, too. Edward De Veere said it: God help us all.

Paulbot99
12-11-2013, 08:09 PM
And what would have happened if he had kissed another boy?

Public school. Also known as Traumatic Complexes R Us. You bear 'em. We scar 'em for life.

They'd give him an assembly and have him kiss the boy again in front of the whole school. :cool:

idiom
12-11-2013, 09:21 PM
This is what stuck out for me:

Report Bonnie Silkman asks Hunter, “Are you trying to be good at school? Hunter replies, “Yes…I have a lot of energy. I mean six year olds. They have a lot of energy."

The rest is bollocks, but here you can see the brain washing occurring in real time. The kid is classifying himself in the generic third person. And excoriating himself at the same time. Its beautiful.

How says kids aren't learning anything?

acptulsa
12-11-2013, 10:37 PM
This could lead to really bad things, like growing up to kiss women on the lips.

I used to kiss women on the lips, too. But now it's all over.

The rest is bollocks, but here you can see the brain washing occurring in real time. The kid is classifying himself in the generic third person. And excoriating himself at the same time. Its beautiful.

Beautiful isn't the word I'd choose...

And for our friends overseas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwTpZpwjtIE

Dr.3D
12-11-2013, 10:52 PM
I used to kiss women on the lips, too. But now it's all over.

Beautiful isn't the word I'd choose...

And for our friends overseas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwTpZpwjtIE
Wow, Youtube says "This video isn't available in your country."

Lucille
12-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Sadly, his parents sent him back to the school for more abuse.

School drops sexual harassment claim against 6-year-old who kissed girl
http://news.yahoo.com/boy-girl-kiss-suspension-144115689.html

A Colorado school that had been widely criticized for suspending a 6-year-old boy for kissing a girl on the hand has dropped its sexual harassment claim against the first grader, and allowed him to return to school.

The superintendent of Canon City Schools decided to drop the sexual harassment claim Wednesday after meeting with the parents of Hunter Yelton, KRDO reports. The Dec. 4 incident is now being classified as misconduct.

Yelton's mother, Jennifer Saunders, said her son had an "innocent crush" on the girl and kissed her on the hand during a reading group.

But the mother of the girl, Jade Masters-Ownbey, said that Hunter had tried to kiss her daughter "over and over" without her permission, and that she supported the suspension.

"Not once, but over and over," Masters-Ownbey wrote on Facebook. "Not with her permission but sneaking up on her."

"I've had to coach her about what to do when you don't want someone touching you," she told the Canon City Daily Record. "But they won't stop."

Hunter already had received an in-school suspension for kissing the same girl.

Saunders said she understood the most recent suspension, but that the sexual harassment label was unwarranted.

Uh oh.

Schifference
12-12-2013, 12:53 PM
If you had a daughter and some kid kept coming up to her and kissing her and his kissing was making your daughter uncomfortable would that concern you?

Lucille
12-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Absolutely! He sounds like he's quite the little masher.

Ownbey stated her daughter's older brother (http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/news/canoncity-local-news/ci_24702103/mother-girl-involved-kissing-discipline-speaks-out) has felt like he needed to protect her at school.

"In elementary school, when a boy kisses a girl, the usual response of their peers is 'ewwww,'" she stated. "So why do the other kids rush to tell? Because they've seen it over and over, they've seen him repeatedly get in trouble for it, they've seen the girl repeatedly tell him to stop, they know it's wrong."