PDA

View Full Version : Brought a friend with to watch the debate...his thoughts

BLS
11-29-2007, 12:50 AM
He's not political. I mean...he's not educated on political stuff, and only recently has been Ron Paul'd. He's still not on board, but he's getting involved and paying attention.

His take (during our drive home tonight)

Romney: "He's slick. He seems like he'll say anything you would want to hear."

Rudy: "Jesus Ch*&t, is every answer 'New York' or '9/11'?! It was his answer for everything."

McCain: "He looks like he wants to be king."

Huckabee: "He's quick witted. But I don't trust him...he looks like he's TOO smart and know's how to use it."

Thompson: "I thought he did pretty good tonight..but he didn't directly answer some questions."

Tancredo: "Never got much time to talk.....it's not fair...they should all have equal time."

Hunter: Same as Tancredo basically.

RP: "He waffled a little bit on the question about Iraq, but he bitch slapped McCain about Isolationism, and he did GREAT when actually asked a question."

Just an FYI.

tarsus
11-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Yeah, I was surprised that Ron Paul didn't answer the bit about Iraq as well as he could have. He even forgot about the Kurds, hehe. He did very well otherwise though.

VIDEODROME
11-29-2007, 12:54 AM
I'd like to add that I got a call from my parents after the debate asking if I had watched it to(I don't have cable but I watched online). They are abundantly aware of my support for Paul and my mom said Ron Paul kicked butt in the debates.

Before they just kinda supported him by default because I did and they didn't like anyone else. I think after this they are closer to being officially won over as real supporters and genuinely liking Ron Paul as the best GOP candidate.