PDA

View Full Version : 5 time DUI winner gets Prank to Teach him a Drunk-Driving Lesson

aGameOfThrones
12-10-2013, 03:16 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/friends-pull-prank-to-teach-friend-with-drunk-driving-record-a-lesson-191206047.html?vp=1

Advocacy groups have tried a plethora of methods to raise awareness of the problem of driving while under the influence of alcohol. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over 10,000 people died in drunk-driving accidents throughout 2012. That is one person every 51 minutes.

But apparently the risk of killing yourself or someone else, not to mention criminal prosecution and legal fees, just isn't enough to deter some people from consuming alcohol and sitting behind the wheel. Comedian Tom Mabe is now using a different approach to stop DUIs, and it involves a little tough love for one of his friends.

The notorious YouTube prankster teamed up with Jim Clark to play an elaborate joke on a man who has been charged with five DUIs. After the mark, identified only as Dennis, allegedly became intoxicated and passed out in his truck, Mabe and Clark transported the man to an office that was set up to look like a hospital room. When Dennis woke up, a doctor played by Clark informed him that he had been in a coma for 10 years. Then Mabe came in, dressed as a doctor and disguised by a surgical face mask, to check on his friend. After asking Dennis if he could feel his feet and legs, Mabe began slapping him in the face!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfvPPPc_UTs

eduardo89
12-10-2013, 03:16 PM
I love Tom Mabe.

Danke
12-10-2013, 03:24 PM
With the Holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving.

As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends. Well, two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit.

That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home.

Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident.

This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

Thor
12-10-2013, 03:34 PM
With the Holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving.

As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends. Well, two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit.

Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident.

This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

That there is funny stuff....

JK/SEA
12-10-2013, 03:43 PM

i'd report this, but i feel you have connections and would get a free pass...

phill4paul
12-10-2013, 04:03 PM

Lols. Though there is a certain amount of truth to it. Long ago when i worked for Roto-Rooter I was waved through, dunno, at least eight road-blocks. Four of them set up on the one way street just down from my favorite blues bar.

http://socialkennesaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/half-cop-car-ksaw.jpg

Origanalist
12-10-2013, 04:07 PM

Touching story, did you get it off the internet?

cjm
12-10-2013, 04:18 PM
But apparently the risk of killing yourself or someone else, not to mention criminal prosecution and legal fees, just isn't enough to deter some people from consuming alcohol and sitting behind the wheel.

A lot of these articles use terms like "drunk driving" and "consuming alcohol" as if they are perfectly interchangeable. I'm meeting a friend for dinner tonight and I will be consuming a couple of craft beers and I will drive home, but I will not be "drunk driving."

phill4paul
12-10-2013, 04:32 PM
A lot of these articles use terms like "drunk driving" and "consuming alcohol" as if they are perfectly interchangeable. I'm meeting a friend for dinner tonight and I will be consuming a couple of craft beers and I will drive home, but I will not be "drunk driving."

Certainly. Sitting behind the wheel should never be considered drunk driving. Though it is and is prosecuted as such.

2young2vote
12-10-2013, 06:56 PM
It should be up to friends and family to prevent intoxicated people from driving, not the cops, or the car they just hit.

paulbot24
12-10-2013, 11:04 PM
I drive under the influence of contempt-of-cop every day. Luckily they still don't have a way of measuring the level in my saliva, urine, or blood.