PDA

View Full Version : Mad? Discouraged? Some Perspective.

john_anderson_ii
11-29-2007, 12:49 AM
CNN orchestrated a hit on Ron Paul by:

a) Limiting his talk time to almost nothing.
b) Using the moderator to further rush and limit his talk time.
c) Allowing other candidates to jump in and respond nearly mid-sentence.
d) Using post-debate punditry to smear him.

Uh...so what's new? We've been dealing with crap like this since the beginning by ALL the media outlets and we have flourished in spite of this.

The only place where Ron Paul may have lost any ground was the back and forth about the war. However, those who support the war won't be changing their minds any time soon anyway and have already decided to continue to support it at all costs. Any ground lost is minimal.

No need to get discouraged. It's the same thing, different debate. We will continue to grow in spite of all their efforts as long as we stick to our efforts.

matthylland
11-29-2007, 12:49 AM
exactly, my vote is what counts...that is why i am voting in the primary and general election

dmspilot00
11-29-2007, 12:52 AM
You forgot

e) Not letting him answer real questions and giving him stupid ones instead

ThomasJ
11-29-2007, 12:52 AM
The problem is I expect that crap from fox..... I did not expect it from CNN

That is the issue
That is why alot of us are pissed.

dircha
11-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Not to mention:

Choosing a question to attempt to smear Paul by associating him with conspiracy theorists.

Choosing a question to attempt to "remind" the audience that Ron Paul has no chance of winning, and suggest that he will run as a spoiler and throw the election to Hillary.

These are the tactics of his worst enemies.

It was truly inspiring, however, how Dr. Paul was able to turn these questions around to his favor. Their handlers must have been absolutely reeling at his every word. And the post-debate panel was all lined up to make the smear again, this time without any chance for Dr. Paul to respond.

Tonight Dr. Paul saw first hand, beyond any doubt the forces that are at work against him and his message and he TORE THEM A NEW ONE.

dircha
11-29-2007, 12:56 AM
The problem is I expect that crap from fox..... I did not expect it from CNN

That is the issue
That is why alot of us are pissed.

From the good ole' "Diamonds or Pearls, Ms. Clinton?" Clinton News Network?

Never!

It didn't earn that name for nothing.

john_anderson_ii
11-29-2007, 01:02 AM
Not to mention:

Choosing a question to attempt to smear Paul by associating him with conspiracy theorists.

Choosing a question to attempt to "remind" the audience that Ron Paul has no chance of winning, and suggest that he will run as a spoiler and throw the election to Hillary.

It was truly inspiring, however, how Dr. Paul was able to turn these questions around to his favor. Their handlers must have been absolutely reeling at his every word. And the post-debate panel was all lined up to make the smear again, this time without any chance for Dr. Paul to respond.

Tonight Dr. Paul saw first hand, beyond any doubt the forces that are at work against him and his message and he TORE THEM A NEW ONE.

The media has been suggesting a third party run and portraying Paul as a conspiracy theorist for a good long time. I don't think it's working, and I think Ron's responses are why it isn't working.

As far as not expecting this from CNN. Isn't this the same network that let Beck call Ron's supporter's terrorists? CNN a big share of anti Paul propaganda on their hands. I fully expected this.

Paulitical Correctness
11-29-2007, 01:04 AM
I missed the whole thing because I was in class. However, I caught the post-debate segment and saw one man discrediting Paul's claim of 5000 supporters showing up, and another man writing him off as crazy for his answer about the international highway.

I was really excited about coming home and catching a second airing of the debate, or looking up the Youtube videos, post-debate analysis, interviews, etc.

But now I don't even care anymore.

To say that I'm furious would be an understatement.

VIDEODROME
11-29-2007, 01:06 AM
I figure anyone who's getting this much scorn from the media and political establishment must be doing something right.

dircha
11-29-2007, 01:07 AM
I missed the whole thing because I was in class. However, I caught the post-debate segment and saw one man discrediting Paul's claim of 5000 supporters showing up, and another man writing him off as crazy for his answer about the international highway.

I was really excited about coming home and catching a second airing of the debate, or looking up the Youtube videos, post-debate analysis, interviews, etc.

You should watch the clips. You'll be proud of how well Paul turned those questions on their heads in his answers.

The smears didn't stick the first time around, so they ran them again in the post-debate panel where Paul wasn't there to defend himself.

This are sick, evil people.

john_anderson_ii
11-29-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm not saying I'm not pissed off at CNN, or that you shouldn't be pissed. I'm saying it's not an omen of doom and it changes nothing.

In fact, the only thing that has changed since the media began smearing Ron months ago is that his campaign and support has gotten bigger while the "front runners" support has shrunk.

Jobarra
11-29-2007, 01:09 AM

You've got to watch his sparring with McCain about the war. It will brighten your day. That look he gives McCain as McCain's blaming the United States for creating Hitler is priceless. I think it's that specific moment where he seems to change and get WAY more energy. Sounds like the after debate speech continued with that same energy :)

synthetic
11-29-2007, 01:10 AM
I dont think any ground was "lost" tonight. This debate managed to get the base fired up more so than any other so far. The last question when Ron talked about the revolution, the fundraising and the change thats coming was unforgettable.

Paulitical Correctness
11-29-2007, 01:11 AM
You've got to watch his sparring with McCain about the war. It will brighten your day. That look he gives McCain as McCain's blaming the United States for creating Hitler is priceless. I think it's that specific moment where he seems to change and get WAY more energy. Sounds like the after debate speech continued with that same energy :)

Just watched it.

Excellent.

Malakai0
11-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Not to mention:

The whole thing was biased set-up crap, and RON STILL SHONE THROUGH THE BULL as the only one educated on the issues and talking any sense. There were a lot of people in the audience, not part of the Paul group, who were booing Guiliani. Romney got booed twice! The people who were inside said the booing was quite loud, of course watching it on TV you can't hear any booing.

In the post debate coverage they edit out RP pointing out he gets the most military donations as well.

I got mad. My friend Jason who was there with me laughs and says its silly to get so worked up, we knew they would do this =)

Calimobber
11-29-2007, 01:17 AM
It was definitely disappointing seeing all Ron Pauls questions totally isolating him, He did a great job with them anyway. As stated the worst thing i can say about Ron Pauls performance is he tends to keep talking about the same issues for each answer but they made it hard to avoid. Listening to Rudy's lisp was driving me crazy!

hawkeyenick
11-29-2007, 01:17 AM
Everyone is so worried about spending, yet ron never associates the spending with the cost of the war...bad move on his part, he could change minds just by doing that

jacmicwag
11-29-2007, 01:30 AM
Good points all - this is the same old shit that somehow keeps working in our favor bringing in new supporters and money. They would love to bury RP but folks in the real world are catching on to the game. Every time they pronounce us dead, we bust out of the coffin, raise a couple million and double our poll numbers. Thanks CNN for another premature eulogy. We live to fight another day.