PDA

View Full Version : Toxic For 2016, Huckabee Abandons Support For Common Core

eduardo89
12-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Toxic For 2016, Huckabee Abandons Support For Common Core (http://********************.com/toxic-for-2016-huckabee-abandons-support-for-common-core/)

Fox News Channel host and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) is considering a 2016 presidential bid, and one of the first things he has done to test the waters for his candidacy is to abandon the Common Core academic standards, a sign that the new education program is fast becoming a toxic issue for political candidates.

Continue Reading (http://********************.com/toxic-for-2016-huckabee-abandons-support-for-common-core/)

angelatc
12-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Well that didn't last long.

Christian Liberty
12-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Its people like Huckabee that give Christianity a bad name.

Shame on him for being a liar.

sluggo
12-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Huck is unelectable. He's just a spoiler and I'm not sure why it's even necessary for him to change his position.

Christian Liberty
12-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Huck is unelectable. He's just a spoiler and I'm not sure why it's even necessary for him to change his position.

You underestimate the number of shills masquerading as Christians who would vote for him...

Thor
12-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Huck, the new Flip....

sluggo
12-10-2013, 10:56 AM
You underestimate the number of shills masquerading as Christians who would vote for him...

As I said, he's just a spoiler to sink another candidate. I think Huck's support will vote for him no matter what. And that's about it.

angelatc
12-10-2013, 10:59 AM
As I said, he's just a spoiler to sink another candidate. I think Huck's support will vote for him no matter what. And that's about it.

Well hopefully he and Rick Santorum will find they share a base and will siphon funds from each other.

sluggo
12-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Well hopefully he and Rick Santorum will find they share a base and will siphon funds from each other.

That would be the best scenario.

eduardo89
12-10-2013, 11:05 AM

I think Huck has much wider appeal than Santorum. The only reason Santorum made it so far in 2012 was he was anointed the anti-Romney. There will be a lot of strong anti-Christies this time around which will make it harder for a hard-core 'conservative' (yes I put conservative in quotation marks because Santorum is so far from being conservative it's a joke to call him that) to own the label.

Huck running will hurt Rand immensely in Iowa.

Christian Liberty
12-10-2013, 11:09 AM

I'm honestly somewhat afraid he can win. Too many dumb people like him just because he plays the "faith" card.

I think Huck has much wider appeal than Santorum. The only reason Santorum made it so far in 2012 was he was anointed the anti-Romney. There will be a lot of strong anti-Christies this time around which will make it harder for a hard-core 'conservative' (yes I put conservative in quotation marks because Santorum is so far from being conservative it's a joke to call him that) to own the label.

Huck running will hurt Rand immensely in Iowa.

Back in 2011 I wasn't nearly as libertarian as I am now, but I wouldn't have been happy with Rick Santorum had I actually known what he stood for. I still strongly preferred Ron Paul, even back then. But I kind of assumed that Santorum was fiscally conservative because he was socially conservative. This was very, very wrong.

eduardo89
12-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Back in 2011 I wasn't nearly as libertarian as I am now, but I wouldn't have been happy with Rick Santorum had I actually known what he stood for. I still strongly preferred Ron Paul, even back then. But I kind of assumed that Santorum was fiscally conservative because he was socially conservative. This was very, very wrong.

Santorum is neither a fiscal nor a social conservative. You cannot be a social conservative without being a fiscal conservative. When you replace the role of the family, church, and community with government you cease to be socially conservative as well as fiscally conservative.

Christian Liberty
12-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Santorum is neither a fiscal nor a social conservative. You cannot be a social conservative without being a fiscal conservative. When you replace the role of the family, church, and community with government you cease to be socially conservative as well as fiscally conservative.

I agree with you. I just didn't understand that back then.

Ironically, I would say libertarianism is more "Socially conservative" than most forms of conservatism in practice.

SilentBull
12-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Huck will be there for one reason. To take Iowa away from Rand.

shane77m
12-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Huckabee. The Santorum of 2016.

Christian Liberty
12-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Huckabee. The Santorum of 2016.

I can't stand him.