PDA

View Full Version : Feedback wanted on Iowa analysis

mathamagician
11-29-2007, 12:46 AM
Hey guys which county/zip codes do you think would be most effective to focus on for writing personal letters to residents in Iowa?

(1)Counties with the highest primary turnout in 2004?

(2)Counties with the highest republican primary turnout in 2004?

(3)Counties with the highest turnout to vote for either Libertarian or Constitutional party in the General Election (2004)?

I'd like to hear what you guys think. Here is a list of top 11 counties (in order) for each:

(1)
.Sioux County
.Montgomery County
.Cherokee County
.Washington County
.Guthrie County
.Mills County
.Lyon County
.O'Brien County
.Page County
.Plymouth County
.Fremont County

(2)
.Sioux County
.Montgomery County
.Cherokee County
.Ringgold County
.Guthrie County
.Washington County
.Shelby County
.Fremont County
.Mills County
.Lee County
.Audubon County

(3)
.Jefferson County
.Decatur County
.Van Buren County
.Lee County
.Story County
.Clay County
.Keokuk County
.Madison County
.Monroe County
.Pocahontas County
.Ringgold County

The idea is to send letters to people in zip codes that would have the most impact.
(Note this is regarding a letter writing project currently underway by the LA meetup group)

akovacs
11-29-2007, 12:48 AM
It's too late to switch parties in Iowa, so I'd say options 2 and 3, though I think option 2 would be best since I'm certain that most libertarians/constitutionalists know about Paul by now.

Ron Paul Fan
11-29-2007, 12:54 AM
It's never too late to switch parties in Iowa. You can do it at the caucus if you choose.

risiusj
11-29-2007, 12:55 AM
It's never too late to switch parties in Iowa. You can do it at the caucus if you choose.

Correct.

akovacs
11-29-2007, 12:59 AM
huh, I thought there was a deadline for this (Oct. 30th?). Maybe that was a registration deadline. If that's the case, go with option 1, then option 2.

I think option 3 is still unnecessary due to the reasons above.

bbachtung
11-29-2007, 12:59 AM
Correct.

Yes. All students should bring their own friends (BYOF) for RP. If you're not on the list of registered Republicans in the precinct, then you have to fill out a voter registration form at the caucus.

williameis
11-29-2007, 01:03 AM
Maybe aim for bigger cities? Seems like towns helped by ethanol subsides will not be too receptive.

GoPaul
11-29-2007, 01:14 AM
.Sioux County
.Montgomery County
.Cherokee County
.Ringgold County
.Mills County
.Fremont County
.Lee County

hawkeyenick
11-29-2007, 01:20 AM
Pottawattamie county, 'nuff said

PledgeForPaul
11-29-2007, 01:32 AM
I think I agree with staying in the bigger cities.

Cedar Rapids - and focus on Paul wanting to cut taxes and spending (they vote taxes down a lot).
Iowa City - and talk about Paul being the only viable candidate who isn't pro-war (it is a very liberal city)

Edit - CR is Linn County, IC is Jones County

saahmed
11-29-2007, 01:51 AM
Yes. All students should bring their own friends (BYOF) for RP. If you're not on the list of registered Republicans in the precinct, then you have to fill out a voter registration form at the caucus.

Thats why I wish the caucuses weren't moved to Jan. 3 while school is out of session. I could have dragged at least 3 or 4 friends along who otherwise would not have gone. Now I can only hope that the people I have convinced will end up going in their hometowns.