PDA

View Full Version : PPP 2016 GOP Presidential Primary Poll - Colorado

tsai3904
12-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Colorado (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/12/colorado-miscellany.html)
December 3-4, 2013
355 usual Republican primary voters
+/-5.2%

Cruz 18%
Christie 17%
Paul 16%
Rubio 10%
Ryan 9%
Bush 8%
Walker 6%
Jindal 3%
Santorum 2%

supermario21
12-09-2013, 01:08 PM
I like how Christie and Rand are both beating Hillary here. Colorado really seems like its swinging back to being a red state. We'll need it considering I believe Virginia is headed for blue state status...

rich34
12-09-2013, 01:31 PM
I just love how in all these new polls coming out how they got Cruz pushed ahead of Rand. I knew when he was pulling his stunt this was going to happen even though it wasn't even a real filibuster. However they needed a narrative to make it happen. It sure would be nice if drudge was pushing Rand's plan for Detroit and other areas of the country, but he hasn't yet he's got Cruz's response to Obama exempting certain folks from ocare..

Keith and stuff
12-09-2013, 01:45 PM
I like how Christie and Rand are both beating Hillary here. Colorado really seems like its swinging back to being a red state. We'll need it considering I believe Virginia is headed for blue state status...

Did you check the polling for governor and US Senator? Both are leaning Democratic right now, according to the same polling company.

Colorado Governor - Tancredo vs. Hickenlooper PPP (D) Hickenlooper 48, Tancredo 40 Hickenlooper +8
Colorado Governor - Gessler vs. Hickenlooper PPP (D) Hickenlooper 47, Gessler 40 Hickenlooper +7
Colorado Governor - Brophy vs. Hickenlooper PPP (D) Hickenlooper 44, Brophy 43 Hickenlooper +1
Colorado Governor - Kopp vs. Hickenlooper PPP (D) Hickenlooper 45, Kopp 37 Hickenlooper +8
Colorado Senate - Buck vs. Udall PPP (D) Udall 46, Buck 42 Udall +4
Colorado Senate - Baumgardner vs. Udall PPP (D) Udall 47, Baumgardner 40 Udall +7
Colorado Senate - Stephens vs. Udall PPP (D) Udall 44, Stephens 37 Udall +7
Colorado Senate - Hill vs. Udall PPP (D) Udall 44, Hill 37 Udall +7

Romulus
12-09-2013, 01:46 PM
The dope aint' working... Cruz and Christie?

rich34
12-09-2013, 01:57 PM
The dope aint' working... Cruz and Christie?

I'd like to think if the polls are this close that Rand's organization and grassroot efforts would be enough to win close races like this especially after the debates show him head and shoulders above the rest. Cruz imo however smart and good debater he may be will only hurt himself after people get a chance to hear him speak. After watching him on Hannity the dude straight up gave me the creeps. Almost Gomez Adams looking and sounding. Rand will come off as the most intelligent person on stage. Christie will kill himself when a lot of his stances on certain issues come to light.

Romulus
12-09-2013, 02:28 PM
I bet they ignore him in the debates. Or just have the moderators say "That's racist" after every answer of his.

Warlord
12-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Udall is in danger

eduardo89
12-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Did you check the polling for governor and US Senator? Both are leaning Democratic right now, according to the same polling company.

Buck is almost within the margin of error (3.2%) against Udall.

gwax23
12-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Cruz wont run large chunk of his support will go to rand.

eduardo89
12-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Cruz wont run large chunk of his support will go to rand.

The margin of error for the GOP poll is massive, more than 5%. Rand is within the margin error of being 1st. But yes, a lot of Cruz support with go to Rand. I can't imagine many Cruz supporters liking Christie of Jeb.

gwax23
12-09-2013, 04:52 PM
The margin of error for the GOP poll is massive, more than 5%. Rand is within the margin error of being 1st. But yes, a lot of Cruz support with go to Rand. I can't imagine many Cruz supporters liking Christie of Jeb.

Yes. Which is good considering Cruz seems to be ahead in the polls in 4 states according to the Map thread. Many of those states Rand is second or 3rd, so very much within his grasp.

Could Cruz be a VP pick for Rand if he wins Nomination? Maybe so early but not that Im thinking about it...

eduardo89
12-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Could Cruz be a VP pick for Rand if he wins Nomination? Maybe so early but not that Im thinking about it...

As much as I like Cruz, I hope not. Independents and moderate Democrats hate him, he has probably the lowest numbers among those groups out of any GOP contender. Rand is strong enough with the conservative wing that he doesn't have to shore up that base, and appealing enough to independents and moderate Dems that with a Martinez-like running mate he could run away with them.

ssunlimited
12-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Christie and Paul are both beating Clinton in Colorado(Cruz and Bush losing to Clinton):

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

alucard13mm
12-09-2013, 08:52 PM
If independents is factored in.. Christie and Rand will take top 2 slots. The game will be, who can take more of the independent votes... Christ will probably fit a lot more under his coat.