PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani confused

jsteilKS
11-29-2007, 12:38 AM
I've been reading this forum for some time now and have taken part in joining the Ron Paul meetup group here in Kansas City. This is my first post, but tonight when watching something made my ears perk up.

GIULIANI: “And then make it clear that what that means is this is a small group of people, Islamic terrorists, who have defiled a great religion, that the vast majority of people who are Islamic, the vast majority of people who are Arabs, the vast majority of people living in these countries are good people. We should be trading with them. We should have contact with them. We should expand our contacts with them. We should have cultural exchanges with them.
The night of September 11th, 2001, when we were beginning to recover -- or, not really recover, but maybe just first catch our breath after the attack of September 11th, you'll see one of the first things I said was I said to the people of my city and then probably to the people of America that we should not engage in group blame.
We shouldn't do the thing that we're being attacked for. We shouldn't blame an entire group of people for the horrible acts of a few people who have distorted a great religion. They have turned it into an ideology of hatred and an ideology of violence.”

“GIULIANI: And the point — I think it was Congressman Paul — made before, that we’ve never had an imminent attack — I don’t know where he was on September 11th. (Laughter.)
PAUL: That was no country. (Applause.) That was 19 thugs. It has nothing to do with a country.
GIULIANI: And there have been — and since September — well, I think it was kind of organized in Afghanistan and Pakistan. And if we had known about it, maybe hitting a target there quickly might have helped prevent it.”

Either the people of these countries are good people, or there bad people for harboring terrorist, I'm confused.

bbachtung
11-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Welcome to the forums.

Giuliani says what he needs to say to feel like he is impressing people.

He's not confused, he's devious and unprincipled.

ThomasJ
11-29-2007, 12:45 AM
Did anyone else catch Thompson's jab at Ghouliani about checking the background on employee's they hire?

Like mobboss police chiefs?
Or mabey Pediphile campaign managers?

Paulitician
11-29-2007, 12:47 AM
Welcome. Thanks for calling the crook out on his BS and hypocrisy.

KDT1961
11-29-2007, 12:53 AM
GIULIANI: The night of September 11th, 2001, when we were beginning to recover -- or, not really recover, but maybe just first catch our breath after the attack of September 11th, you'll see one of the first things I said was I said to the people of my city and then probably to the people of America that we should not engage in group blame.
We shouldn't do the thing that we're being attacked for. We shouldn't blame an entire group of people for the horrible acts of a few people who have distorted a great religion. They have turned it into an ideology of hatred and an ideology of violence.”

GIULIANI: And there have been — and since September — well, I think it was kind of organized in Afghanistan and Pakistan. And if we had known about it, maybe hitting a target there quickly might have helped prevent it.”

I also noticed that. When he said an entire group of people, was he referring to Muslims, or Saudi's? (since 15 of the hijackers were Saudi, as well as Bin Laden). Also the comment about 9/11 being organized in Pakistan was telling, seeing as that is probably where Bin Laden is hiding out.

Eric23
11-29-2007, 12:53 AM
“GIULIANI: And the point — I think it was Congressman Paul — made before, that we’ve never had an imminent attack — I don’t know where he was on September 11th. (Laughter.)
PAUL: That was no country. (Applause.) That was 19 thugs. It has nothing to do with a country.

Was this in tonight's debate? I don't recall hearing that?

Trigonx
11-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Also have you guys noticed the other candidates preaching about state rights all of a sudden?

ThomasJ
11-29-2007, 12:57 AM
They took RP's stance from the first debate except the war and said I am going to co-op this.

jsteilKS
11-29-2007, 12:57 AM
Was this in tonight's debate? I don't recall hearing that?

It was in a prior debate, i believe the last fox or msnbc debate.

schmeisser
11-29-2007, 01:00 AM
They took RP's stance from the first debate except the war and said I am going to co-op this.

first they ignore you,
then they laugh at you,
then they attack you,
then they co-opt your message,
then they thin the herd of phonies,
then you WIN!

Xanax Nation
11-29-2007, 01:00 AM
One of you tech savy guys should youtube a clip with the Ghoul talking out both sides of his mouth from both debates.