PDA

View Full Version : Was Romney exposed as the utter fool he is tonight or what?

RevolutionSD
11-29-2007, 12:31 AM
I felt that Romney in particular bombed in nearly ever answer he gave tonight and came out looking like a fool with some of his dumb answers. Anyone agree?

shrapnel88
11-29-2007, 12:34 AM
on the bible question he looked like a deer in headlights for a while there!

VIDEODROME
11-29-2007, 12:34 AM
Mostly on the torture issue. That was like a repeat of talking to his lawyers before declaring war.

Midnight77
11-29-2007, 12:35 AM
He bombed the first heated exchange between him and Giuliani, which they both lost as far as I'm concerned.

But I also think he bombed the Bible question BIG TIME. There was dead silence after he was speaking. Everyone knew he was lying through his teeth.

ronpaulfan
11-29-2007, 12:35 AM
I felt that Romney in particular bombed in nearly ever answer he gave tonight and came out looking like a fool with some of his dumb answers. Anyone agree?

I hate Giuliani so much, I found myself cheering Romney on during their fight :eek:. When the audience started booing Giuliani, I was in heaven :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiDpSwsnZq8

jgmaynard
11-29-2007, 12:36 AM
I agree - His torture issue non-answer was so non-commital, the first thing I thought of was his lawyers answer about invasions.

JM

Paulitician
To most of us here, yes. To some people outside our campaign, yes. To your average American voter, no.

lasenorita
I liked his answer to Huckabee about Tax Hike Mike giving children of illegal immigrants special treatment. He said something like "It's not your money. It's the taxpayer's money." (I forgot the exact wording.) There was also his great rebuttal to Giuliani about the immigrants working in his mansion... something like "Would you like me to ask them for their papers?"... Other that that, everything he and the others said went in one ear and out the other.

margomaps
11-29-2007, 12:37 AM
I agree that Romney did very poorly tonight. But in his exchange with Giuliani about his employment of illegal aliens working at his house, I think he came out on top. Giuliani just ended up looking like a bigger jerk IMO.

fightfortruth
Agreed, for a while there he was like a babbling brook. He was mumbling and bumbling.

sparebulb
Hey, we should thank Mitt. He volunteered to do the heavy Ghoul bashing so RP doesn't have to. Not that RP would, he is too classy for that.

coffeewithchess
11-29-2007, 12:38 AM
I think that Romney put a nail in his coffin tonight...Huckabee is going to get nothing but more positive press from this, I'm going to start canvassing the churches in my area on Sundays with TaxHikeMike literature.

Paulitician
11-29-2007, 12:39 AM
Hey, we should thank Mitt. He volunteered to do the heavy Ghoul bashing so RP doesn't have to. Not that RP would, he is too classy for that.
Hehehe, the truth Ron Paul pours out in and of itself bashes all of those jerks.

paul_v
11-29-2007, 12:39 AM
Romney's dismissal of the confederate flag probably ticked off a lot of southerners.

Broadlighter
11-29-2007, 12:41 AM
I thought Romney's answer about Gays in the Military exposed his naked flip-flopping ways. He basically said that it's okay for Gays to be open in the military during peacetime, but we're at war now and we shouldn't have that.

He showed no spine in his answer. He came up weak on immigration, too, but the gays in the military answer really said it all.

The guy is a political tool.

Richandler
11-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Yah Romney is going to tank but Huckabee will fill his shoes an that will be dangerous. We need to hit the campaign trail harder still.

IKaNeI
11-29-2007, 12:42 AM
He look agitated near the end. His worst answers were the ones he refused to answer.

dircha
11-29-2007, 12:45 AM
I would rather see the bulk of the evangelical christian vote split between Romney and Huckabee than see it all go to Huckabee.

apc3161
11-29-2007, 12:46 AM
Mostly on the torture issue. That was like a repeat of talking to his lawyers before declaring war.

I totally agree. Hes just couldn't answer the question.

Here would be a good counter question:

"Is electrocuting someone while simultaneously squeezing their balls in a vice grip torture?"

He will of course answer, "well of course"

then you say, "and did you just help the terrorists by saying that?"

He will say , "no"

and then you say, " So explain to me what is bad about defining water boarding as torture?"

Basically, if water boarding is torture, there is no harm in saying it, if its not, then you will use it obviously, but you have to be willing to accept the consequence of waterboarding people when most people think that constitutes torture.

synthetic
11-29-2007, 01:00 AM

The people running the US government won't stop until its a Rudy vs Hillary election. So yes, Romney is under attack and will be made to look bad when possible. Heres one example, he was placed next to Huckabee tonight. Those two are supposed to be neck and neck in Iowa. Mitt was asked about the bible, then "unexpectedly" Huckabee, the pastor, was asked about the bible. I ask you, who is going to do a better job answering that?

I said this a long time ago, Huckabee is being groomed as Rudys VP. Its why he is all over the media, got lay up questions all night and "polls" so high in Iowa. Have you noticed Rudy isn't spending money in Iowa? When you think about it, why should he? He doesn't need to win Iowa, he just needs to slow Romney down. With Huckabee, a guy who has little cash and no organization to win another state, things work out good for Rudy. He saves millions in Iowa and "wins" by weaken the guy trying to buy the election.

Ron LOL
11-29-2007, 01:01 AM
Romney fumbled more than once, but he tore Giuliani apart on the immigration issue at the beginning of the debate.

adpierce
11-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Romney fumbled more than once, but he tore Giuliani apart on the immigration issue at the beginning of the debate.

What? I thought they tore each other up on that one. They both came out looking weak on immigration and honestly like bickering school children. That's why they got booed at the end of that exchange. Romney lost hands down that debate. I'll so far as to say he performed so poorly at that debate that his chances for winning the nomination are so incredibly minute he ought to drop out now rather than face the horrible defeat he's gonna get in Iowa at the hands of Huckabee. Sorry Romney you came out of this debate either looking like a flip-flopper or a wishy washy liberal whom you can't ever pin down one way or another on any political issue.

richk
11-29-2007, 01:15 AM
Romney, IMHO, looked liked the flip-flopping, non-committal, fence-straddling buffoon that we know he is. I still don't know is he for or against gays in the military, subsidies in Iowa, does he or does not believe every word in the bible (lol), a few other laughable non-answers I forgot 'cause it's late. What a BONEHEAD LOL. I declare Romney a second-tier candidate. :D I truly believe this guy is history.

sharedvoice
11-29-2007, 01:27 AM
on the bible question he looked like a deer in headlights for a while there!

Amen brother lol. Picked up on that too!

rasheedwallace
11-29-2007, 01:33 AM
oh man, he is DONE for.

Chomsky
11-29-2007, 01:49 AM
If he doesn't take a plunge in the polls, then the country is not paying attention or they have already decided what they want to hear. The next week will say a lot to me as to where this country stands.

richk
11-29-2007, 01:55 AM
Mitt doesn't have nearly enough millions to coverup his ridiculously boneheaded debate performance. I agree, if he doesn't drop like a rock after this, I'm really going to feel alot of despair towards the future of this country. :confused:

Omphfullas Zamboni
11-29-2007, 01:56 AM
Hi,

As an LDS person, I feel Romney really let me down with the Bible answer. How hard is it, sir? Just...say...yes.

I can't believe I just watched over an hour of television for 7 minutes of Ron Paul.

With a sigh,
Omphfullas Zamboni

apc3161
11-29-2007, 01:59 AM
The people running the US government won't stop until its a Rudy vs Hillary election. So yes, Romney is under attack and will be made to look bad when possible. Heres one example, he was placed next to Huckabee tonight. Those two are supposed to be neck and neck in Iowa. Mitt was asked about the bible, then "unexpectedly" Huckabee, the pastor, was asked about the bible. I ask you, who is going to do a better job answering that?

I said this a long time ago, Huckabee is being groomed as Rudys VP. Its why he is all over the media, got lay up questions all night and "polls" so high in Iowa. Have you noticed Rudy isn't spending money in Iowa? When you think about it, why should he? He doesn't need to win Iowa, he just needs to slow Romney down. With Huckabee, a guy who has little cash and no organization to win another state, things work out good for Rudy. He saves millions in Iowa and "wins" by weaken the guy trying to buy the election.

good points, i didnt even realize that. Of course Huckabee would nail any bible questions, he's been pondering those types of questions all of his life.

bunklocoempire
11-29-2007, 02:04 AM

Very perceptive, and earlier today pre-debate on msnbc/fox/cnn (can't keep 'em seperate in my brain) there was talk of Rudy "city mouse" and Huckabee "country mouse" pres-vice pres scenario. Smoke & mirrors my friends, it's all smoke and mirrors.

jacmicwag
11-29-2007, 02:27 AM
Sometimes less is more. I'm sure Mitt might think that tonight when it comes to debate time. In the end, we need a perfect storm to win with all 5 so-called top tier guys splitting the pie as Ron sprints by. It's shaping up nicely. We need McCain and Thompson to gain some ground on the Mitt/Huck/Rudy crowd. That seemed to happen tonight but a few mis-steps by Huck might further our cause. All in all, the clouds are gathering and the rain will help us grow.