PDA

View Full Version : NYPD cops beat up my loved ones, killed my parakeet: Staten Island mom

RonPaulFanInGA
12-08-2013, 05:37 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nypd-killed-parakeet-staten-island-mom-article-1.1541112

City cops barged into the home of a Staten Island mom without a warrant, beat up her family and callously killed her pet parakeet, according to court papers. Evelyn Lugo’s beloved bird Tito was ejected from his cage after it was knocked off a dresser when cops came into the St. George home, the lawsuit alleges.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Everybody knows that parakeets have vicious genes.

KCIndy
12-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Obviously, the parakeet charged the officer, who felt that his life was in danger.

alucard13mm
12-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Did the cops sell the dead parakeet to a blind kid?

Danke
12-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Did the cops sell the dead parakeet to a blind kid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

Anti Federalist
12-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Were the Officers OK?

They were safe, I hope.

Anti Federalist
12-08-2013, 06:04 PM
A few bad apples.

Grubb556
12-08-2013, 06:51 PM
INB4 Officer felt threatened by a goldfish and decided to kill it

angelatc
12-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Daily Caller picked it up: http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/09/nypd-killed-womans-parakeet-beat-her-family-invaded-home-without-warrant/

But the cruelest and most senseless act of violence was reserved for Lugo’s pet parakeet, Tito. Officers overturned Tito’s cage, knocking the pretty green bird out into the apartment. Lugo’s daughter, Anna Febles, begged the police to be careful with Tito. Instead, they smashed him.

“I screamed, ‘The bird!’” said Febles in a statement. “And he said, ‘F— the bird,’ and he, like, stepped on it.”

Christian Liberty
12-09-2013, 02:47 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nypd-killed-parakeet-staten-island-mom-article-1.1541112

Is this story actually about you, or is the title a misnomer?

Dr.3D
12-09-2013, 02:48 PM
A few bad apples.
Make the other 10% look terrible.

Ender
12-09-2013, 02:58 PM

NYPD cops beat up my loved ones, killed my parakeet: Staten Island mom
Evelyn Lugo, 57, the mother of 10 children, says in a lawsuit that cops entered her home without a warrant, beat her loved ones with batons and heartlessly killed her beloved bird, Tito. Since the violent incident, Lugo says she has been 'sick and depressed.'

Evelyn Lugo shows a photo of her dead parakeet, Tito, and picturess of injured daughter Alba Cuevas after a 2012 incident with police. Lugo says after cops barged into her home, they beat up her family and killed Tito.

City cops barged into the home of a Staten Island mom without a warrant, beat up her family and callously killed her pet parakeet, according to court papers.

Evelyn Lugo’s beloved bird Tito was ejected from his cage after it was knocked off a dresser when cops came into the St. George home, the lawsuit alleges.

Evelyn Lugo holds a picture of daughter Alba Cuevas' injuries, and a photo of her dead parakeet, Tito.

“I screamed, ‘The bird!’ ” Lugo’s daughter Anna Febles told the Daily News, “and he said, ‘F--- the bird,’ and he, like, stepped on it.”

“I was shocked,” Febles, 30, said. “It was a blue and green bird. It was really pretty.”

The suit says family friend Luis Ortega (pictured) and Lugo's son George were repeatedly struck in the head with a baton and suffered severe facial injuries.

Lugo, 57, the mother of 10 children, was not informed of Tito’s demise until the next day because her daughters feared she would become hysterical.

Lugo's daughter Anna Febles tells the Daily News that she screamed when parakeet Tito was ejected from its cage — and a cop said 'F--- the bird,' and stepped on it.

Lugo was already dealing with the stress of two sons and a daughter who had been arrested and grandchildren traumatized by pepper spray used inside the home.

“They (the cops) don’t care about us as humans, they’re going to care about the bird?” she said.

Lugo says that after the violent incident with the police, 'I was hurt on the inside, in my heart.'

The violent incident occurred Sept. 2, 2012, as Lugo’s family was celebrating a Labor Day barbecue, the suit said.

The suit alleges that the cops used 'excessive force' after entering Lugo's home.

Lugo’s son Edwin Avellanet was taking a bag of garbage outside when cops stopped and questioned him about an orange construction cone placed in front of their Corson Ave. home to save a parking spot, according to lawyer Jason Leventhal.

The cops demanded to see identification and Avellanet, 26, refused, stating that he had done nothing wrong. A cop grabbed Avellanet by the arm, but he was able to break free and retreat into the house, according to the suit.

Lugo says cops barged into her Staten Island house without a warrant. Here, some of the alleged damage police caused.

The lawyer said cops started smashing several first-floor windows with their equipment. Lugo opened the front door to see who was outside and the cops barged in, Leventhal said.

“It was completely uncalled for,” Leventhal said. “There was no excuse for going into the house without a warrant.”

Edwin Avellant, 26, standing next to the bird cage where his mother's parakeet Tito was allegedly killed by NYPD. Avellanet was taking a bag of garbage outside when police stopped and questioned him about a construction cone in front of his family's home.

Additional cops arrived and swarmed throughout the house looking for Avellanet.

“They threw me like a piece of garbage on the floor,” Lugo said.

Another son, George Lugo, and family friend Luis Ortega were struck in the head repeatedly with a baton and suffered severe facial injuries, according to the complaint filed Nov. 29 in Brooklyn Federal Court.

Lugo’s daughter, Alba Cuevas, has asthma and was having difficulty breathing due to the pepper spray cops used. She ducked into a bedroom to catch her breath and was arrested. Criminal charges against Ortega, Lugo and Cuevas were later dismissed and sealed, according to the suit. Avellanet, the subject of the cops’ initial stop-and-question, was not charged.

“Ever since then I have been sick and depressed,” Lugo said. “I was hurt on the inside, in my heart.”

The suit, alleging unlawful search and seizure, excessive force and malicious prosecution, seeks unspecified damages.

A spokeswoman for the city Law Department said a copy of the suit had not yet been received. An NYPD spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nypd-killed-parakeet-staten-island-mom-article-1.1541112#ixzz2n0tGXafv

Lucille
12-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Sociopaths.

SeanTX
12-09-2013, 03:07 PM
INB4 Officer felt threatened by a goldfish and decided to kill it

I seem to remember a case in DC where someone was raided over something to do with guns and the cops dumped out his aquarium, killing off his collection of tropical fish.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-09-2013, 03:33 PM

You might want to take notice of the colon followed by the words "Staten Island mom" in this thread's title.

Christian Liberty
12-09-2013, 03:35 PM
You might want to take notice of the colon followed by the words "Staten Island mom" in this thread's title.

Considering your username, I now feel really dumb. Thanks:)

JK/SEA
12-09-2013, 04:22 PM
isolated incident.

i'm thousands of miles away...doesn't affect me...

Christian Liberty
12-09-2013, 04:41 PM
I assume you're being sarcastic?

moostraks
12-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Considering your username, I now feel really dumb. Thanks:)

Okay so now this one is digging you in deeper. From what in the name RonPaulFaninGA does one decide that poster is male?

moostraks
12-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Okay so now this one is digging you in deeper. From what in the name RonPaulFaninGA does one decide that poster is male?

Ahh...you went with the GA part? So many folks here have moved I would not have used that from an '07 join date. When I started I was in GA at the time too. :)

CaseyJones
12-11-2013, 09:01 AM
http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20131210/st-george/nypd-beat-family-killed-pet-parakeet-during-raid-lawsuit-says

A Staten Island woman has sued the city claiming police entered her St. George home without a warrant, beat her family and killed her beloved pet parakeet, according to court documents.

Last year, Evelyn Lugo's bird, Tito, was thrown from his cage after it was knocked off a dresser as cops came into her Corson Avenue home, the Daily News first reported.

The officers then stepped on the bird intentionally, killing it, court documents say.

Officers also beat two of Lugo's sons, her daughter and a family friend, the lawsuit claims.

According to court documents, police entered Lugo's home on Sept. 2, 2012, as her family was celebrating Labor Day.

Police stopped and questioned her son Edwin Avellanet as he was outside throwing out garbage and asked for identification, the lawsuit says. When he refused to show any, officers allegedly grabbed his right arm and Avellanet broke free and ran into the building.

Officers broke windows of the home, and when Lugo opened the front door she was thrown outside by police, court papers say.

When inside, police allegedly struck Avellanet two or three times with a hard object, struck their friend in the face and threw a woman into the dresser with the bird cage on it, court documents say.

Police then allegedly pepper sprayed Lugo's daughter and son, according to the documents.

Lugo's son, daughter and family friend were arrested and all three were taken to Staten Island University Hospital in custody.

They were treated for multiple facial lacerations and lacerations to the head. Lugo's daughter was also treated for an asthma attack, the court papers say.

All charges were eventually dropped and sealed by Richmond County Supreme Court, the lawsuit says.

Lugo could not be reached for comment on the story.

The city's Law Department did not say why police entered the home last year, or what charges were lodged against the family, but said they're reviewing the case.

"We will review the allegations in the complaint, which at this point are merely allegations," a spokeswoman for the department said.

Red Green
12-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Confucius say "Dead parakeet repeat no pig-talk".

Dr.3D
12-11-2013, 09:20 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?435152-NYPD-cops-beat-up-my-loved-ones-killed-my-parakeet-Staten-Island-mom

Mani
12-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Wow. That takes some truly psychotic nature to step on a bird a crush it.

I'm sure these roided up idiots can look at humans and see them all as thugs and bad guys and beat them senselessly and feel guilt free because they convince themselves mundanes have been put on this planet to be beaten by guys with badges.

But what kind of weird psychological mumbo jumbo do you need to tell yourself that birds need to be stomped on? You feared for your safety so you stepped on the bird? It's sharp beak was menacing? Once it was out of it' s cage it appeared out of control and you had no choice?

Somehow it doesn't sound so convincing....

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-12-2013, 12:05 AM
75$ that these sociopaths were prior military and brought Kabul and Baghdad to NYC. Remember, we're all enemy combatants to the increasingly paranoid, psychopathic, and militarized 'police'. Warrants? You don't need no stinkin' warrants.

James Madison
12-12-2013, 12:38 AM
It's getting closer. Time to choose whose side you'll be on, cops.

Anti Federalist
12-12-2013, 12:45 AM
It's getting closer. Time to choose whose side you'll be on, cops.

LOL, yeah right.

James Madison
12-12-2013, 12:48 AM
LOL, yeah right.

Guy can dream, right?

Anti Federalist
12-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Guy can dream, right?

LOL, sure.

I used to have those dreams too, and I don't blame you one bit for having them.

Some killjoy dumped a bucket of ice water on my head while I was dreaming.

donnay
12-14-2013, 08:10 PM
NYPD broke down door without warrant, beat up family, stomped pet bird to death

NEW YORK CITY, NY — A Staten Island family barbecue turned into a nightmare when it was interrupted by police investigating the improper use of a parking cone to save a parking spot on the street. What resulted was a day the family will never forget, as their home was invaded without a warrant, several family members were bludgeoned, and a NYPD officer sadistically stomped on a pet parakeet that lay helpless on the floor.

http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/nypd-evelyn-lugo-parakeet/

DGambler
12-14-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm waiting with anticipation to see who will come along and defend this shit.

Fucking pigs.

dannno
12-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Reallly??

angelatc
12-14-2013, 08:23 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?435152-NYPD-cops-beat-up-my-loved-ones-killed-my-parakeet-Staten-Island-mom&highlight=parakeet

Anti Federalist
12-14-2013, 09:30 PM
Reminds me of that story from a while back when the NYPD cops raided some poor bastard's home and defenestrated his kitten.