PDA

View Full Version : Tancredo's Hit on Ron Paul, how would RP answer

bmcosti
11-29-2007, 12:30 AM
Tancredo: I wish that we lived in the world that Ron is describing -- I wish that we lived in a world where we did not have to worry. By simply removing our forces, we would be safe.

Unfortunately, Ron, honest to God, I don't believe that that is the case. We are living in a world where we are threatened. It is radical Islam.

(Applause)

It is -- the ideology, the political and religious ideology of radical Islam is a threat to America, and it would be a threat to America if we never had a single person serving anywhere outside this country.

+++++

Here is what I would have said if I were RP.

We would be safer by removing our troops from Iraq and all other countries and bringing them home. 1st we would stop provoking terrorism through our occupation of their country. Secondly we would actually be defending our country. On 9/11 Soul, South Korea was better defended than New York City and Washington D.C. Every day that we have troops overseas that is a day that our troops are not defending our country. We must bring our troops home to defend our country, our liberty, our Constitution, our borders.

Sergeant Brother
11-29-2007, 12:39 AM
I would say that it is our presense and interference in the region that strengthens radical Islam. Obviously, even if we pulled out of the Middle East completely there would still be elements there who would hate and despise us. But they would be on the fringe and the more mainstream Muslims would be disinclined to support their actions or ideology. Its American actions that cause death and instability in the region that causes radical Islam to be more than just a fringe belief.

Edward
11-29-2007, 12:42 AM
You could tell from Tancredo's comments that he is friends with Paul.

Paulitician
11-29-2007, 12:44 AM
First, if they still had the urge of attacking us, that just means we would need more national defense. Seriously, as Ron Paul has said, these islamic extremists are very weak in nature. They have no government, no military, no navy, no global support etc. We can take them down rather easily. In fact, let's just take the government's official story... 9/11 was a huge, utter failure on the governments behalf. So why should we do all this sacrificing (of civil liberties and money), and why do we have to go to the length of occupy Iraq for godness' sake? It just doesn't even make sense! But people are too stupid to see that.

therealjjj77
11-29-2007, 12:44 AM
You could tell from Tancredo's comments that he is friends with Paul.

They are friends. It's just Tancredo is brain-washed about the whole Islamic thing. As far as everything else goes, Tancredo greatly admires Ron Paul in many of his political positions, and he tries to emulate him.

kill the banks
11-29-2007, 12:47 AM
remember we are battling the military industrial banking complex ~ a WAR MACHINE

kill the banks

yaz
11-29-2007, 12:48 AM
They are friends. It's just Tancredo is brain-washed about the whole Islamic thing. As far as everything else goes, Tancredo greatly admires Ron Paul in many of his political positions, and he tries to emulate him.

hopefully he drops out and endorses ron paul

Broadlighter
11-29-2007, 12:51 AM
What Tancredo and the neo-cons conveniently ignore is that radical Islam developed as a response to Western interventions in Islamic lands. There's no question that the ideology exists and there are people who are highly motivated to kill Westerners and disrupt business. But what adds fuel to their anger is Western interventions. Stop intervening in their lands and people will be more inclined to treat the radicals as marginal.

It's not that hard to figure out.

XelR8r
11-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Why did Tancredo get so much air time tonight?

Hmmmm...could it be because he was in on the setup of Dr. Paul? Find another time when in any debate they hand time to rebut to someone not directly involved in the question.

I smell a rat.

F3d
11-29-2007, 12:57 AM

Mark Rushmore
11-29-2007, 12:58 AM
Why did Tancredo get so much air time tonight?

Hmmmm...could it be because he was in on the setup of Dr. Paul? Find another time when in any debate they hand time to rebut to someone not directly involved in the question.

I smell a rat.

Tancredo got so much airtime to pull support from Ron Paul. The setup was clearly designed to marginalize Ron Paul. I don't think Tancredo had any part, say, or desire to partake in that particular scheme.

ClayTrainor
11-29-2007, 12:58 AM
hopefully he drops out and endorses ron paul

you really think that could happen after what he said tonight?

Dan D.
11-29-2007, 01:01 AM
Tancredo will be out before January.

tesla23
11-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Ron Paul really needs to bring the reference by Bin Laden himself to Michael Scheuer's book on foreign policy. I'd love to see what all the candidates had to say on that.

logolepsy
11-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Tancredo will be out before January.

Agreed.

FreedomProsperityPeace
11-29-2007, 08:07 AM
I couldn't believe Tancredo took that shot at Ron. It was really not necessary for him to to do that. With "friends" like these...