PDA

View Full Version : Are the other candidates becoming more like Ron Paul?

James R
11-29-2007, 12:27 AM
It seems like there was a whole lot of talk about the constitution in yesterdays CNN debate. Did the early debates have this kind of talk in them? It also seemed like a couple candidates were copying Ron Paul's message almost word for word. Has Huckabee ever so vocal about eliminating the income tax, or did Ron Paul break the ice on that topic?

RonPaulVolunteer
11-29-2007, 12:28 AM
This is what Hillary did when we turned up to her rally. She started talking about the Constitution of all things! Bloody politicians!!! We need a statesman!

matthylland
11-29-2007, 12:29 AM
no question about it. all of a sudden i heard Rudy say: "Its up to the states" and I knew, instantly that he took a page out of Paul's playbook.....trying to convert some supporters....ugh!! makes me so mad....

jj111
11-29-2007, 12:30 AM
Of course they are immitating Ron Paul. The only difference is they will say anything that seems popular but not mean it. Only Ron Paul has a 30 year history of a consistent, principled message and political action to match the message.

jj111
11-29-2007, 12:32 AM
No question they will try to sound like Ron Paul. All the others are sleazebags that are all too willing to lie and pander to get into power. It is up to us to expose the truth as to who is the real champion of the Constitution.

Ron LOL
11-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Huckster has been on board with the Fair Tax for as long as I've been reading about him, so I think his IRS position is authentic.

But yes, I think Giuliani was perhaps trying to steal some of RP's positions.

James R
11-29-2007, 12:44 AM
no question about it. all of a sudden i heard Rudy say: "Its up to the states" and I knew, instantly that he took a page out of Paul's playbook.....trying to convert some supporters....ugh!! makes me so mad....

Well I'm glad he said that, because it is what made his talk dramatically backfire. It works with abortion for Ron Paul because everyone knows it really is a very complex legal issue. With firearms, the constitution is fairly clear. First he said that "its up to the states", then a few seconds later he said he would not veto federal-level gun control legislation. For Giuliani, it is one of those "complex legal issues". But for those of us who know the constitution, its crystal clear.

Visual
11-29-2007, 12:45 AM
It might quack like a duck, but it sure as hell don't act like a duck... (referring to the guys emulating paul)

ThomasJ
11-29-2007, 01:00 AM
Huckster has been on board with the Fair Tax for as long as I've been reading about him, so I think his IRS position is authentic.

This is half true.....
He wants to get rid of the IRS but replace it with the FTA or fair tax administration. it is the exact same thing only with a different name and smaller tax code.

Ron Paul wants to get rid of the IRS and replace it with NOTHING that is a completly different stance.

tropicangela
11-29-2007, 01:03 AM
This is half true.....
He wants to get rid of the IRS but replace it with the FTA or fair tax administration. it is the exact same thing only with a different name and smaller tax code.

Ron Paul wants to get rid of the IRS and replace it with NOTHING that is a completly different stance.

Thanks for clarifying this! I was unsure. I heard him say get rid of IRS and I thought OH BOY they are scared now! They want to be like RP!

Mark Rushmore
11-29-2007, 01:04 AM
Yes

Jobarra
11-29-2007, 01:05 AM
LOL, just look at the video on Fred's website. He 'led' the 'Republican Revolution'. Sickening. I think that's the same video they showed tonight for his campaign.

reaver
11-29-2007, 01:06 AM

When he said that the #'s on their Live Focus Group Reaction Meter went up by 2-3 points with the men and women.

colecrowe
11-29-2007, 01:09 AM
Absolutely--the most incredible instance of that was when they were, at some earlier debate, debating about the national ID -- They all said they supported it, and then Ron Paul attacked it and got HUGE applause, and then they all snuck it in that they only wanted it for illegal aliens. Incredible lies. I have never heard that. That was a classic. That clip got me on Paul's side like no other.

kotetu
11-29-2007, 02:56 AM

Unfortunately Huck says "abolish the irs and implement the fair tax". He does not say "abolish the IRS and the 16th amendment, then implement a fair tax." If you do not abolish the 16th, you leave the door open for another income tax down the road, and forge the way for congress to DOUBLE TAX us.

The guy is real slick, but not real honest.

Rhys
11-29-2007, 03:10 AM
Republicans are supposed to talk that way, they just forgot that for 6 years until Ron Paul.

sharedvoice
11-29-2007, 03:13 AM
It seems like there was a whole lot of talk about the constitution in yesterdays CNN debate. Did the early debates have this kind of talk in them? It also seemed like a couple candidates were copying Ron Paul's message almost word for word. Has Huckabee ever so vocal about eliminating the income tax, or did Ron Paul break the ice on that topic?

None, but they try to sound like him. WHat about the Huckster tryign to copy Ron Paul by saying he wants to get rid of the IRS. lol what a douchebag.