PDA

View Full Version : 76-YEAR-OLD GOP SENATOR: SIX MORE YEARS!

Warlord
12-07-2013, 05:39 AM
Sen. Thad Cochran (R-MS) announced Friday he would seek reelection to a seventh term in the U.S. Senate.

“I'm comfortable with my decision," Cochran, who turns 76 years old this weekend, told Gannett on Friday (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/12/06/thad-cochran-senate-mississippi-re-election/3890417/). “I'm looking forward to it. People have been very generous and expressed appreciation. Some have even started sending contributions and helping in that way.”

Tea Party-backed State Sen. Chris McDaniel has already launched a bid for the GOP nomination for Cochran’s seat. In response to Cochran’s announcement, one that surprised most in GOP politics who expected him to retire, McDaniel said he is undeterred. "Sen. Cochran has had a long and distinguished career representing the people of Mississippi,” McDaniel said. “I look forward to a positive campaign based on the future of our state, our country, and the Republican Party. As a strong conservative, I will fight to bring those values to Washington."
-

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/06/Mississippi-bloodbath-Cochran-seeks-reelection-against-Tea-Party

erowe1
12-07-2013, 08:35 AM
That's not that old for a US Senator.

mosquitobite
12-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Everyone should do a poll of their friends asking them at what age they would like to retire.

So why do we have this problem of nobility for life in Washington DC?

aGameOfThrones
12-07-2013, 08:42 AM
42>36

AngryCanadian
12-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Thats why America needs term limits at the Senate or the houses.

specsaregood
12-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Thats why America needs term limits at the Senate or the houses.

Better yet would be to take away all perks, benefits, reduce the salary and make the job so miserable that only true public servants would want to be there more than 1 term.

oyarde
12-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Better yet would be to take away all perks, benefits, reduce the salary and make the job so miserable that only true public servants would want to be there more than 1 term.

Correct , salary only , based ea yr on US median income , no health , no pension , want something ? Buy it out of the salary.No benefits.

LibForestPaul
12-07-2013, 12:15 PM
If people of Mississippi don't vote for him, he don't get in.

NIU Students for Liberty
12-07-2013, 12:20 PM
And if Ron Paul were elected president, he'd be 81 by the time his first term was over with a lot of supporters urging him to run for a second term.

Age and term limits are red herrings.

aGameOfThrones
12-07-2013, 12:24 PM
If people of Mississippi don't vote for him, he don't get in.

It's easy to fool people when you promise them stuff even when you don't plan on delivering.