PDA

View Full Version : John McCain attack on Ron Paul

sharedvoice
11-29-2007, 12:02 AM
McCain engaged Ron Paul, a Texas congressman whose libertarian views and opposition to the war have attracted thousands of donors, millions of dollars and a devoted online following.

McCain said Paul is promoting isolationism in calling for the United States to disengage from the war. "We allowed (Adolf) Hitler to come to power with that attitude of isolation," he said.

We need to do something with this. I wish Anderson Cooper would have been as generous in giving Ron Paul more time as he did with the other candidates. ;)

Paulitician
11-29-2007, 12:07 AM
There should be videos attacking and debunking John McCain's historical revisionism.

I love how these Neo-cons are quick to say "Ron Paul, quit blaming America first!" But any time they preach imperialism, the false Hitler argument is brought first and they're essentially blaming America for not being prescient to therefore take out Hitler before he got any sort of power. Neo-cons are absolutely pathetic.

fightfortruth
11-29-2007, 12:10 AM
When some videos come up debunking Mccain about this I would like to see it.

fightfortruth
11-29-2007, 12:11 AM
I was so pissed at Mccain. Trying to use the troops in that way made me sick to my stomach. All Ron Paul had to say in return was that he has the most donations from active military than any other candidate.

that to me speaks louder than words about what the military really thinks.

Scott Wilson
11-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Ron Paul's answer was very effectual.

witheyeswideopen
11-29-2007, 12:13 AM
McCain is such a war hawk. I think Dr. Paul answered him eloquently for the most part, particularly with his response to McCain about Vietnam.

fightfortruth
11-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Does anyone think that the whole argument, though Ron Paul won in my eyes, may have hurt him?

I am afraid that it could have because on cooper 360 when they showed the argument, they completely cut out the part what Ron Paul said about him getting the most military donations.

I don't know. I think I am going to go donate $10 to the campaign. I think it will make me feel better about the debate.

witheyeswideopen
11-29-2007, 12:24 AM
Does anyone think that the whole argument, though Ron Paul won in my eyes, may have hurt him?

I am afraid that it could have because on cooper 360 when they showed the argument, they completely cut out the part what Ron Paul said about him getting the most military donations.

I don't know. I think I am going to go donate $10 to the campaign. I think it will make me feel better about the debate.

No, I don't believe it hurt him at all. Any time Ron Paul gets to speak to the American public, it is good for him, his campaign, for us, and for the USA. It wouldn't matter if Dr. Paul was given 3 hours to explain every position he takes, the mainstream media would cut and paste according to their bias. You know it's true! But we shouldn't despair about this. In fact, we should dig in deeper... talk to more folks about RP at work, and at family events. Continue campaigning at the grassroots level, and keep donating! I turned my wife and my brother on to Ron Paul with virtually no effort, and even my Mom and Dad are impressed with him (but they think he'll never win). Don't give up. This campaign is bigger and more important than any of us realize.

I would like to see a good refutation of what McCain spewed tonight. Maybe I'll try my hand at making a video.

user
11-29-2007, 12:27 AM

I noticed that too :mad:

sharedvoice
11-29-2007, 12:31 AM
I was so pissed at Mccain. Trying to use the troops in that way made me sick to my stomach. All Ron Paul had to say in return was that he has the most donations from active military than any other candidate.

that to me speaks louder than words about what the military really thinks.

He did say just that. :)

asdf
11-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Agreed, we need some youtubes of RP ownage at this debate.

fightfortruth
11-29-2007, 12:36 AM
No, I don't believe it hurt him at all. Any time Ron Paul gets to speak to the American public, it is good for him, his campaign, for us, and for the USA. It wouldn't matter if Dr. Paul was given 3 hours to explain every position he takes, the mainstream media would cut and paste according to their bias. You know it's true! But we shouldn't despair about this. In fact, we should dig in deeper... talk to more folks about RP at work, and at family events. Continue campaigning at the grassroots level, and keep donating! I turned my wife and my brother on to Ron Paul with virtually no effort, and even my Mom and Dad are impressed with him (but they think he'll never win). Don't give up. This campaign is bigger and more important than any of us realize.

I would like to see a good refutation of what McCain spewed tonight. Maybe I'll try my hand at making a video.

Thanks, your right. I wish I knew how to make videos as well.