PDA

View Full Version : Mundane beats rapist goes to prison, observers sentenced too.

tod evans
12-06-2013, 12:15 PM
The guy here who swung the club got 6 years and the folks who observed are now convicted felons on probation..

In the Kelly Thomas incident (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?434785-Fullerton-Police-Lawyers-Kelly-Thomas-Killed-Himself) things are somehow different?:mad:

California dad, daughter sentenced in vigilante attack

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/06/california-dad-daughter-sentenced-in-vigilante-attack/?intcmp=latestnews

A Riverside County father and teen daughter have each been placed on four years' probation after pleading guilty to charges in a vigilante attack on a man the girl had accused of rape.

The Riverside Press-Enterprise reports 36-year-old David Ray Mills pleaded guilty Tuesday to being an accessory to the attack. His 16-year-old daughter pleaded guilty to assault and both also were sentenced to time served.

Prosecutors say the pair watched her friend 21-year-old Andre Dickerson beat Miguel Esteban Cruz with a bat at a Temecula park in January. Cruz suffered skull fractures, broken bones and missing teeth.

Dickerson pleaded guilty to assault and was sentenced to six years in prison.

The girl claimed Cruz raped her in November 2012 after she passed out after drinking alcohol at his home.

Red Green
12-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Tod, there is a proper way to do these things and these miscreants totally did not do it right. They deserve to go to jail.

If they had followed procedure, they first would have got a nice uniform and a badge.....

Christian Liberty
12-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Tod, there is a proper way to do these things and these miscreants totally did not do it right. They deserve to go to jail.

If they had followed procedure, they first would have got a nice uniform and a badge.....

Badges don't grant extra rights.

(CopBlock motto, completely sums up how I feel.)

tod evans
12-06-2013, 12:20 PM
This is another prosecutor I'd recommend for evisceration...

Christian Liberty
12-06-2013, 12:22 PM
When I was 16 I wanted to be a prosecutor. I didn't understand the ramifications of such a desire. Now I do.

I have repented.

AFPVet
12-06-2013, 12:26 PM

They aren't supposed to, but they do :(

RickyJ
12-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Batman wears a mask for a reason, vigilante justice is for the most part illegal.

tod evans
12-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Well I'll be the first to tip my hat to "21-year-old Andre Dickerson" for being a man.

In fact I'd be honored to buy him a beer when he gets out.

Cutlerzzz
12-06-2013, 12:34 PM
When I was 16 I wanted to be a prosecutor. I didn't understand the ramifications of such a desire. Now I do.

I have repented.

We get it. You're a disabled 18 year old who thinks he's moral and awesome, but that any who held the views you had two years ago is going to hell.

Red Green
12-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Assuming the girl was actually raped and didn't just have a bad case of walk-of-shame and buyer's regret. Just because someone yells "rape" does not mean that's what happened.

asurfaholic
12-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Assuming the girl was actually raped and didn't just have a bad case of walk-of-shame and buyer's regret. Just because someone yells "rape" does not mean that's what happened.

I pretty much agree with this. Innocent until proven guilty is important not only in courtrooms but also in general. Its hard to take a side here, I simply do not know all the facts.

If there was actually a rape, then I don't have a problem with a father taking justice into his own hands. But the danger of a father acting on bad intelligence or straight up lies is horrible. Imagine if your own son went to a party, and the girl was into him, only to have regrets for whatever reason, and cried rape. Then some grown man beat your son to a pulp based on the lies. It is not right. This is what courts are supposed to be for. If a real crime occurs, there should be a structured way of presenting evidence, and also a chance for the defendant to defend. Vigilante justice eliminates a fair trial, so should only occur as a last resort when the traditional criminal justice system has failed.

juleswin
12-06-2013, 01:52 PM

And what if the girl was lying? then they are no worse than the guys with a badge assaulting innocent civilians. Sorry but an accusation doesn't mean someone is automatically guilty.

tod evans
12-06-2013, 02:15 PM
At this point in time I would trust the father and friend hands down to determine if she was telling the truth over the corrupt "Just-Us" system...

Cutlerzzz
12-06-2013, 02:28 PM
At this point in time I would trust the father and friend hands down to determine if she was telling the truth over the corrupt "Just-Us" system...

Because a father is so unbiased. Let's let him determine by himself whether his little girl is lying.

Why even have an investigation or a jury? Let's just have your standard Boobus Americanus be the investigator, judge, jury, and if need be executioner.

juleswin
12-06-2013, 02:41 PM

I have no idea why you would say that seeing as the "just-us" system has yet to render a verdict or even take it to trial. But then again, I find it hard to believe that the "just-us" system will pass up a chance to lock up a mundane for rape. I mean, they will come out looking good for locking up a violent rapist, they will ensure the prison industrial complex and its prison guard workers are feed.

If in fact the accused rapist was innocent and i happened to be his brother or father or even close friend. Then the woman and family better make sure they walk around armed cos I will get my boys together and I beat em to a pulp or till they point they lost all their natural teeth.

Just a few false rape allegation headline I found in the news

Woman is finally jailed after FIVE false rape allegations against her ex-boyfriends in eight years
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2358759/Leanne-Black-finally-jailed-FIVE-false-rape-allegations-ex-boyfriends-years.html

Jury quickly convicts woman in false rape trial
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FAKE_CANCER_SCAM?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-12-05-16-38-16
The man spent 10yrs in jail before being exonerated

And there are many more from where that came from. Also this is not to say that there are no real rape but sometimes it is not easy to tell but vigilante tactic like this will probably make it worse. My advice is for parents to teach their sons not to rape(the obvious) and to the girls to teach em how to make prosecuting their rapist much easier. Dig into their backs with your nails when you can and most importantly how to avoid being raped like not over drinking in situations where you have nobody to protect you.

Almost killing a man in a he said, she said situation deserves a stiffer penalty than time served whatever that is. Just saying

tod evans
12-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Because a father is so unbiased. Let's let him determine by himself whether his little girl is lying.

Why even have an investigation or a jury? Let's just have your standard Boobus Americanus be the investigator, judge, jury, and if need be executioner.

I have no idea why you would say that seeing as the "just-us" system has yet to render a verdict or even take it to trial. But then again, I find it hard to believe that the "just-us" system will pass up a chance to lock up a mundane for rape. I mean, they will come out looking good for locking up a violent rapist, they will ensure the prison industrial complex and its prison guard workers are feed.

Sorry folks, I have no faith in the criminal "Just-Us" system what-so-ever.

I'm surprised either of you do.

asurfaholic
12-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Well, to me there is a danger that someone innocent can become a victim to another's lies. Why do i trust the system? Because I was the victim of a feud turned nasty. Allegations were made about me, and there was no truth to them. I got arrested, but charges were dropped because i was able to prove my innocence.

Lets say the woman's daddy or husband took her word for it, not "trusting" the system to rule in her favor. I could have been beaten or killed. I was actually fearful of this, the whole family was crazy.

I understand the lack of trust in the Just-us system, but unless the system has a cops word vs a mere mundane, there is a good chance a fair trial can be had. If you value law and order (a republic is a nation guided by laws) then the courts should be the first step in getting justice for a crime. And if a crime occurred, there should be ways to prove it happened.

If all fails, then you have to make a decision based on your morals. It's hard to say what I would do, but deep down I know that if someone slaps me, I'm supposed to turn the other cheek. Forgiveness is the base of having a Christ- like love for everyone, including those who sin against you.

But god knows an eye for an eye if someone hurts my baby girl.

It's tough tod, but I think there is more danger to a free society in allowing vigilante justice to reign unchecked than relying on courts and juries of your peers to convict someone who has committed a real crime.

acptulsa
12-06-2013, 09:26 PM
No Oklahoma jury would ever have convicted any of the three.

enoch150
12-07-2013, 01:20 AM
From another article:

The girl claimed Cruz raped her in November 2012 after she passed out after drinking vodka at his home. She didn't report the sexual assault allegation to police and told her father and Dickerson about it on the day of the attack.

Cruz, now 21, was charged after the girl's allegations surfaced following the assault. He pleaded guilty to sodomy with a minor and is scheduled to be sentenced Dec. 20.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/12/calif_father_teen_daughter_get.html

tod evans
12-07-2013, 05:24 AM
It's tough tod, but I think there is more danger to a free society in allowing vigilante justice to reign unchecked than relying on courts and juries of your peers to convict someone who has committed a real crime.

It is the sanctity of the courts (or lack there of) that I question, that and the simple fact that a "jury of your peers" hearing a case very rarely happens.

I'm glad your experience with the courts was as positive as it could be but that doesn't change the fact that I personally have no faith in them.

But god knows an eye for an eye if someone hurts my baby girl.

Something tells me that this sentiment was going through the families heads as they undertook their vigilante justice..