PDA

View Full Version : Damn you Ron Paul

chipvogel
11-28-2007, 11:52 PM
I was planning on watching the Presidential race as a spectators sport....and then I hear Ron Paul.

I had planned on just sitting back and rating the candidates on how well they played one group against another. Not really caring who won because it was just a sport. Poking fun at them when they tried to sit on the fence and get caught. It was just the super-bowl of politics to me.

But then this SOB comes along and doesn't pander and just tells the truth. He brought up issues I didn't think I'd ever hear on the national level. Is there any way to go back to believing that I'm alone? Is there a way to get my apathy back?

seapilot
11-29-2007, 12:08 AM
I was planning on watching the Presidential race as a spectators sport....and then I hear Ron Paul.

I had planned on just sitting back and rating the candidates on how well they played one group against another. Not really caring who won because it was just a sport. Poking fun at them when they tried to sit on the fence and get caught. It was just the super-bowl of politics to me.

But then this SOB comes along and doesn't pander and just tells the truth. He brought up issues I didn't think I'd ever hear on the national level. Is there any way to go back to believing that I'm alone? Is there a way to get my apathy back?

It might take a serious head injury. Not worth the risk IMO. Welcome to the desire to be free and feeling the same way the founders did.

Corydoras
11-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Freedom is popular, but sometimes freedom is a pain in the tush.

anotherone
11-29-2007, 02:49 AM
A part of me would like my apathy back.

Life is easier when you think there is no hope. Now that hope has a fighting chance I feel compelled to be a part of the action.

Conza88
11-29-2007, 05:13 AM
Freedom ain't free. ;)

Kingfisher
11-29-2007, 05:17 AM
Welcome to the fold

Mortikhi
11-29-2007, 05:24 AM
*See signature*

Wendi
11-29-2007, 10:40 AM
I, for one, am so glad that there finally *is* hope.

I have watched, and waited, and dreamed of this moment for so many years. I tried to keep believing that someday there would be a chance, but I didn't know when it would come. I didn't think I would see it in my lifetime, and I was beginning to think that by the time the next generation tried it would be too late.

Then along came Ron Paul. And finally, after so long, it looks like we just might actually have a chance to put this nation back on the right track.

micahnelson
11-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Why Oh Why Didn't I take the Blue Pill?

AlexMerced
11-29-2007, 11:05 AM
lol, I feel ya, but it's nice to have something to believe in again

Matt Collins
11-29-2007, 11:36 AM
A little analogy for those people who say "why throw my vote away":

Your at a train station and you go to buy a ticket. The cashier says the station was being demolished, the only way to leave was by rail and that there were two trains leaving....On train was black was going to hell at 100MPH and the other train was white, had "heaven" written on the side and was going to hell at 50MPH. He said "this is the last stop before Hell, which train would you like ticket for? You say you have to think about it and go outside, you see the two trains they're both going the same direction and there are lots of people getting on them, but then you see something wierd....something the cashier didn't tell you about....There is a train car with "Hope" written on the side sitting on the tracks and a small trickle of people are starting to push it away from Hell, and slowly as people see other people pushing, they start joining, it's hard work but the car is slowly beggining to move. Now the question is, you have three choices....The fast train to hell, the slow train to hell, or hard push to heaven.......Which do you choose??

Wendi
11-29-2007, 12:08 PM
^^ That is good. Really good. Think there's enough of us pushing? I hope so...