PDA

View Full Version : My quickie recap on the debate...

JustBcuz
11-28-2007, 11:34 PM
First off, debates can't win an election, but they can lose one.

-Romney was miserable.
-Guiliani just sort of treaded water, did some stuff well, other stuff not so much.
-McCain looked tired, but he got better as the night went along.
-Huck looked pretty good, he had some nice stuff...he appears to be the media candidate of choice.
-Thompson was good, but not good enough to pull his campaign out of the doldrums.

Our guy was set up for failure. But that's gonna end up working for us, not against us. He NAILED the loaded question at the end. Our ad was easily the best, and we also got that right at the end. He also said more in limited time than the others did with much more.

The RP supporters who were sending in the questions did a great job. A LOT of those questions were from our people. You really changed the tone of things tonight by getting out some really tough, real issue questions.

The pushing we've been doing has been working. More people are asking me "Who is Ron Paul?" when I walk down the street wearing my button, or a shirt. Some of those people were watching tonight, and they noticed he was getting the shaft.

When Dr. Paul's ad came one, it blew the other ads away. Then he BASHED that last question out of the park. It'll raise his intrigue level even higher. Remember, it's not how you start, it's how you finish.

GREAT FINISH.

Now keep pushing.

Jon S
11-28-2007, 11:39 PM
the main thing i will help is this

people start watching this debate (those who don't know ron paul) and they go almost the entire debate without seeing this supposed unknown speak. when he does speak he says things that go against the status quo and then is ignored for a very long period of time. finally towards the end of the debate you see a video that has one of this guys rallies and its huuge. a thought pops into your mind "i wonder why i haven't heard of this guy, he seemed to have a big rally." this is soon followed by a question where the candidate says he raised 4.3 MILLION in one day. you think "oh man why did they ignore this guy almost the whole debate?" then you go and research him to find out why he was ignored... and you are converted.

JMO
11-28-2007, 11:40 PM
I think Rudy failed miserably. Rudy had a chance to knock him out earlier with the Illegal Immigrant he hired if he just countered with the guy Rudy had hired, Bernard Kerik.

I think Ron would of been better off by saying one of his three to drop was the IRS. I think that hits home with more people than the 3 that Ron said he would drop.

Paul4Prez
11-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Ron Paul was great tonight. He wasn't at his all-time best, but he was substantive, he answered the questions, he talked about freedom and smaller government, and he even talked up the success of the Revolution. Anyone tuning in to the race for the first time would have clearly seen what we've known for quite a while -- this isn't your run of the mill politician, but a statesman.

Here's my recap:

http://paul4prez.blogspot.com/2007/11/ron-paul-touts-revolution-at-cnn.html

dircha
11-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Here's my summary:

"Dr. Paul, all of your supporters seems like crazy kooks who believe in CFR NAU conspiracy theories. Do you believe in all this stuff too?"

"Dr. Paul, well all know that you can't possibly win the Republican nomination. Will you commit tonight to running as an independent and being a spoiler to throw the election to Hillary?"

"Diamonds or pearls, Ms. Giuliani?"