PDA

View Full Version : NSA sent employees holiday talking points for conversations w/ friends & family members

jct74
12-02-2013, 06:19 PM
NSA Sent Home Talking Points for Employees to Use in Conversations with Family & Friends During Holidays

By: Kevin Gosztola
Monday December 2, 2013 2:35 pm

A sheet of talking points for employees of the National Security Agency and Central Security Services, was sent out ahead of Thanksgiving to help guide conversations with family and friends during the holiday season.

Firedoglake obtained a copy of a two-page document that was sent out on November 22. It was clearly put together for rebutting statements about the NSA from news stories on documents disclosed by former NSA contractor and whistleblower Edward Snowden, and it encouraged employees to “share the following points with family members and close friends.”

The “talking points” sheet suggests that employees make five key points: (1) NSA’s mission is of great value to the Nation”; (2) NSA performs its mission the right way—lawful, compliant and in a way that protects civil liberties and privacy; (3) NSA performs its mission exceptionally well. We strive to be the best that we can be, because that’s what America requires as part of its defense in a dangerous world; (4) The people who work for NSA are loyal Americans with expert skills who make sacrifices to help protect the freedoms we all cherish; (5) NSA is committed to increased transparency, public dialog and faithful implementation of any changes required by our overseers. (No emphasis added. Underlines appear in the document.)

Each key point includes sub-points that presumably an employee could additionally cite if a family member disputed their main point.

read more:
http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/2013/12/02/nsa-sent-home-talking-points-for-employees-to-use-in-conversations-with-family-friends-during-holidays/

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-02-2013, 06:34 PM
From article:
"NSA are loyal Americans with expert skills..."

NSA dunce: Hello, NSA.

Tattletale/Self-important citizen: I think I have some information about a crime.

NSA dunce: Okay, I'm coming over, right after I finish my big mac.

Kotin
12-02-2013, 06:43 PM
what a crock of shit

VoluntaryAmerican
12-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Cowards can't even talk to their families about their crimes honestly to their own family...

Anti Federalist
12-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Cops...NSA...same shit.

Maybe a little of both.

Primarily because these guys, once they become cops, that's it, they are forever cops first, and brothers, sons, fathers, friends second.

Heard a story today about a local active hunter and guide that got ticketed by a "very close friend" who happens to be a NH clam cop for "illegally transporting a deer carcass".

Well, now, that's the end of his profession...he'll lose his guide "license" as well as his hunting privileges on the King's land.

All because his "buddy" just happened to stop by his house to shoot the shit.

If I were having a dinner party and it came out that one of my guests was a cop, they would be asked to leave, immediately.

Snew
12-02-2013, 07:13 PM
LOL!

angelatc
12-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Cowards can't even talk to their families about their crimes honestly to their own family...

Because their co-workers are listening in? My heart bleeds....

tod evans
12-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Wonder if the mailing list is public information?

green73
12-02-2013, 07:20 PM
shared.