PDA

View Full Version : Racism: Why were Americans so racist prior to the 20th century?

NewUser
12-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Hey all, this has been on my mind for a long time. Why were African-Americans treated so poorly by European-Americans? While I've been out there looking for answers, nothing has really satisfied my curiosity. Historians have reported on what happened to African-Americans, but has no one looked for the rationale behind WHY it happened? I'm only looking at the relationship between African-Americans and European-Americans as this post would be too long if I touched on Native-Americans and Asian-Americans.

How can you say in 1776 the United States was founded upon the ideals of freedom and rugged individualism when people were classified as property? Slavery is the direct anti-thesis to freedom. I don't know, it just seems disgusting to me. How can you say 'All men are created equal' and then in the same breath, have people existing as slaves? I've read that European-Americans viewed the enslavement of African-Americans as being a part of a 'civilising mission'.

The only sensible conclusion is that European Americans didn't view African-Americans as being completely human. This makes sense because if you look at African-Americans in this way, their treatment doesn't really appear nasty at all. If African-Americans weren't considered human then the laws that apply to humans don't apply to them. In other words, African-Americans weren't an enslaved people because they weren't people.

tony m
12-02-2013, 08:27 AM
How and when did slavery begin?

It wasn't always black people who were slaves, were they?

Who is the demon, those who turned the black human into a commodity or those who bought the commodity?

Slavery was starting to wind down but some Founding Fathers were not going to rebuild their livelihood. No different than today. These days people will keep their mouth shut than have their livelihood threatened.

Modernity vs tribal.

Danke
12-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Because there wasn't force busing back then.

AuH20
12-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Most of the slaves supplied to North America were victims of tribal warfare. Secondly, the Portuguese were the first European power to really ramp up the slave trade to a staggering height.

Ronin Truth
12-02-2013, 08:42 AM
We inherited slavery and white superiority from the Brits. In some cases African tribal chieftains were willing to sell some of their war captives. Hey cheap labor!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Negative rep for piss poor trolling and multiple user names. I thought I told you to come back when your trolling is more interesting. All you did was change your font??!! Seriously, Holmes?

If you can entertain me in this thread, then I'll consider a positive rep. It probably won't happen, but I want you to get out there and hustle. Come on, let's move it!

NewUser
12-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Couldn't you argue that leaving Africa and being brought to the United States was the best thing that could have happened to them. If you look at the poverty, disease and general bleakness the African continent has to unfortunately endure, being sent to a wealthy, Western country is definitely a 'step up', even if you are a slave.

Stop calling me a troll please. I'm just asking a question.

pcosmar
12-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Why were Americans so racist prior to the 20th century

Slavery was practiced world wide prior to the creation of "America". It was the universal rule rather than the exception.

It was changing,, and it was on it's way out when the country was formed,, but it was not yet gone entirely and was still widely accepted as the Status Quo.

It had very little to do with racism.. Nearly every "Race" (and I reject the concept of race) practiced slavery.

pcosmar
12-02-2013, 09:10 AM

a simple forum search would show that these issues have been discussed at length,, and you are not "just asking a question",,
You are pushing a fallacy.

Not all slaves were from Africa. Not all slaves were black. and slavery had nothing to do with racism.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Couldn't you argue that leaving Africa and being brought to the United States was the best thing that could have happened to them. If you look at the poverty, disease and general bleakness the African continent has to unfortunately endure, being sent to a wealthy, Western country is definitely a 'step up', even if you are a slave.

Oh geez. Now you're just mixing up your fonts? And that's the best user name you could come up with for a multiple account? NewUser? Really? NEWUSER? Holy friggin' crap.

Tell you what New Loser; let's take it from the top. Take off a week and come back. Start easy. You know, with a good user name. Something like Liberty Fuckin A! Or ObamatheDictator. Shit like that.

And don't come back and tell everybody you're a student on Christmas break. Too clichéd.

jbauer
12-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Hey all, this has been on my mind for a long time. Why were African-Americans treated so poorly by European-Americans? While I've been out there looking for answers, nothing has really satisfied my curiosity. Historians have reported on what happened to African-Americans, but has no one looked for the rationale behind WHY it happened? I'm only looking at the relationship between African-Americans and European-Americans as this post would be too long if I touched on Native-Americans and Asian-Americans.

How can you say in 1776 the United States was founded upon the ideals of freedom and rugged individualism when people were classified as property? Slavery is the direct anti-thesis to freedom. I don't know, it just seems disgusting to me. How can you say 'All men are created equal' and then in the same breath, have people existing as slaves? I've read that European-Americans viewed the enslavement of African-Americans as being a part of a 'civilising mission'.

The only sensible conclusion is that European Americans didn't view African-Americans as being completely human. This makes sense because if you look at African-Americans in this way, their treatment doesn't really appear nasty at all. If African-Americans weren't considered human then the laws that apply to humans don't apply to them. In other words, African-Americans weren't an enslaved people because they weren't people.

Trolling would be easier if you atleast made the effort to change the font from your copy/paste from a different site.

After fixing that, you already answered your question in which European's didn't view Africans as humans rather as property which isn't a justification for what happened its just the way it happened. I would argue "racism" didn't start till after slavery because prior to that blacks were viewed as sub-human thus didn't receive the same rights that come with being human. To be racist you have to view a race as human and that didn't happen till after the abolishment of slavery.

pcosmar
12-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Trolling would be easier if you atleast made the effort to change the font from your copy/paste from a different site.

After fixing that, you already answered your question in which European's didn't view Africans as humans rather as property which isn't a justification for what happened its just the way it happened. I would argue "racism" didn't start till after slavery because prior to that blacks were viewed as sub-human thus didn't receive the same rights that come with being human. To be racist you have to view a race as human and that didn't happen till after the abolishment of slavery.

This still does not address the reality of slavery. In Europe and throughout the world slavery existed as a reality.
The Europeans kept White Slaves prior to acquiring slaves from the African continent. Africans kept slaves,, and sold them to merchant ships.

The Native Indians, on this continent kept slaves,, and sold them to the slaver merchants. As well as Indians that were captured by Slavers.

one such example is well known.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squanto

And on White Slaves,
http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-irish-slave-trade-the-forgotten-white-slaves

Dr.3D
12-02-2013, 10:46 AM
As if anything has changed at all.

Now they use what they call "the war on drugs" to put slaves into the prison system. It works because people fail to see what has been happening is really just a continuation of slavery.

CPUd
12-02-2013, 12:21 PM
An old Poli Sci professor talked about the origins of slavery once, and gave a definition something like:

One person is in a position to spare the life of another, either by rescuing him from imminent death, or by holding a sword over his head; thus, one life spared is one life earned. It is a common theme in old stories, particularly in the East.

James Madison
12-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Slavery is as old as man himself.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/All_Gizah_Pyramids.jpg

Root
12-02-2013, 02:14 PM
As if anything has changed at all.

Now they use what they call "the war on drugs" to put slaves into the prison system. It works because people fail to see what has been happening is really just a continuation of slavery.

+ rep. So many people don't see this.

jmdrake
12-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Slavery is as old as man himself.

Murder is as old as man himself.

Tyranny (government run slavery) is as old as man himself.

Anyway, the reason for black slavery is pretty simple when you think about it. There were white slaves early on in the "New World". They could easily blend in to the local free population when they escaped. Native Americans could blend into the forrest and hook back up with their tribes. Blacks couldn't blend in to the free population and swimming across the Atlantic is pretty difficult. So for this (and other reasons), blacks made better slaves. The racism that followed was the result of the condition and not the other way around. My 2 1/2 cents.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-02-2013, 02:25 PM
http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/achievementdemotivator.jpg

dannno
12-02-2013, 02:29 PM
The best post I've seen on the topic was by a poster named torchbearer who explained something along the lines of how a lot of people in the south didn't want slavery, but even the smaller farmers were essentially forced into the practice because they couldn't compete with the multinational corporations that had the big slavery plantations. And some British slave trading company was responsible for bringing over the vast majority of slaves. So it always seems to be these giant corporations that are given enormous state subsidies that cause all of these really bad things in society.

FSU63
12-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Same reason people are homophobic today.

dannno
12-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Murder is as old as man himself.

Tyranny (government run slavery) is as old as man himself.

Anyway, the reason for black slavery is pretty simple when you think about it. There were white slaves early on in the "New World". They could easily blend in to the local free population when they escaped. Native Americans could blend into the forrest and hook back up with their tribes. Blacks couldn't blend in to the free population and swimming across the Atlantic is pretty difficult. So for this (and other reasons), blacks made better slaves. The racism that followed was the result of the condition and not the other way around. My 2 1/2 cents.

That's another really good explanation.

FSU63
12-02-2013, 02:37 PM
The best post I've seen on the topic was by a poster named torchbearer who explained something along the lines of how a lot of people in the south didn't want slavery, but even the smaller farmers were essentially forced into the practice because they couldn't compete with the multinational corporations that had the big slavery plantations. And some British slave trading company was responsible for bringing over the vast majority of slaves. So it always seems to be these giant corporations that are given enormous state subsidies that cause all of these really bad things in society.
Are you seriously defending slave owners?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-02-2013, 02:52 PM
First, you have to realize that no race or culture held a monopoly on slave holding. The vast majority of African slaves that wound up here came from bulk purchases from African tribal leaders who captured them during periods of warfare. Those leaders who were friendly to European traders were all too happy to sell off the slaves they did not wish to keep for themselves because otherwise they would just be killed. So slavery as an American institution was born from an already existent African slave trade. Arabs, Jews, Europeans and even some Asian cultures were slave trading out of Africa mostly due to the fact that the supply of human labor there was both cheap and plentiful. Many African Chiefs would trade ships full of slaves for a couple barrels of iron bracelets. So while yes, the African as a whole was typically look upon by other cultures as being somewhat subhuman the basic reason is strictly due to economic reasons and economic reasons alone.

acptulsa
12-02-2013, 06:04 PM
The laws were set up to allow slavery because people were making money on slave labor. Just the same way the laws are set up today to favor corporations over people--because stockholders are making money on the resulting semi-slave labor of people who can no longer legally be self-employed who have to compete for an ever-diminishing number of corporate jobs, and who can't feed their families for paying taxes.

If you want to get your panties in a knot over something, why not choose the current problem, rather than the problem that was solved nearly a hundred fifty years ago?

I can say that in 1776 the United States was founded upon the ideals of freedom because even though it didn't make everyone free, it made a hell of a lot larger percentage of its population free than any other nation at the time. In most other nations at the time, even the supposed non-slaves were serfs, there were debtors' prisons, not only could slaves not vote but citizens couldn't either, and you could be enslaved, robbed or killed if your religion didn't meet the state standard. And now, we have some of these things coming back, and right here in the U.S. We are on the verge of debtors' prisons (over child support and taxes) and indentured servitude (what else could you call student loan debt?). Any religion at all is liable to get you a little bit of official grief these days--and I think it's safe to say the majority of the population are being forced through taxation to buy things they consider immoral. We are becoming serfs to the corporations, which seem to enjoy all the constitutional protections of personhood without any of the responsibilities--can you put a corporation in jail when it breaks the law?

And people like you are in your current state of thought are the very problem. You've been taught to get your panties in a knot over slavery, and concern yourself only over racism, and pat yourself on the back over the fact that we no longer enslave people on the basis of race, and so you can't wake up to the fact that we are all being enslaved without regard to race. Is this a good thing because it gives us all equal opportunity to be enslaved?

Why are you here asking us this silly stuff? Because we approve of the Constitution. We do approve of the Constitution, to a greater or lesser degree. You don't even know it well enough to understand our position on it. We approve of the Constitution as amended. The Constitution as amended is not the same document as the Constitution unamended was. And we don't approve of every amendment. But I haven't seen anyone here in a long time who doesn't approve of the amendment that made slavery as illegal as it was immoral, and so we drove them all away pwning them because they were ugly and obnoxious. And we sure approve of the fact that the Constitution, as imperfect as it was, was a huge step forward at the time. Not because it failed to make everyone free, but because it was the first Constitution that made anyone but the nation's royals free. Indeed, it was one of the first that did away with royalty altogether.

Now that we have that cleared up, what are you going to do to help us reverse the trend back toward the very slavery that the Constitution did much--both in the beginning and when all slavery was made illegal--to end? Are you going to reject the beauty and righteousness of what the Constitution helped accomplish because it was more imperfect before it was amended? Or are you going to try to restore that spirit and that power of the Constitution that did much to curtail slavery over the years and make the modern world better than the world that spawned and inspired it?

You don't understand the past well enough to draw meaningful conclusions from it. You refuse to learn anything from history but what you're spoon fed, so you're doomed to repeat it. Lose the attitude, skip the lame attempts to play gotcha, and learn from us, and you might be worth something to liberty some day. Or not. That's entirely up to you.

They weren't all so racist prior to the twentieth century. We aren't all racist now. Many people of all races were racist prior to the twentieth century. Many people are racist now. Racism was institutionalized then because corporations made money on slave labor. Racism is used to distract people today from the fact that corporations are today making money on semi-slave labor. You can be distracted--you can have your head up your ass--you can believe the people who try to make you afraid of the people who are fighting slavery today--or you can be part of the solution. Choose.

CPUd
12-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Oh geez. Now you're just mixing up your fonts? And that's the best user name you could come up with for a multiple account? NewUser? Really? NEWUSER? Holy friggin' crap.

Tell you what New Loser; let's take it from the top. Take off a week and come back. Start easy. You know, with a good user name. Something like Liberty Fuckin A! Or ObamatheDictator. Shit like that.

And don't come back and tell everybody you're a student on Christmas break. Too clichéd.

He seems to be leveraging current events; this thread would have not happened if this tweet had never happened:

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-02-2013, 06:26 PM
He seems to be leveraging current events...

I think he's actually leveraging himself on the couch.

FSU63
12-02-2013, 06:35 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/1pb9sw.jpg

dannno
12-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Are you seriously defending slave owners?

I don't think so? I'm against slavery.

My point was that because the large European based corporate plantations existed with slaves which brought down the price of goods, it was nearly impossible to operate and be economically viable without having slaves. As a result, you are going to have more farmers with slaves, because generally the ones without slaves would go out of business. Even if they personally abhor the practice, many farmers had slaves. I'm not rationalizing and saying it is 'ok' to have slaves, I'm just informing people of why they existed. It isn't that much different from welfare, you get people dependent on welfare and it becomes very difficult to just get rid of it. Of course they should have and that in itself was definitely a good thing when it happened.

The other interesting thing is that slaves were attached to debt, so you couldn't 'free' slaves without defaulting on debt to the banks. So the banks had a vested interest in continuing the practice. It also meant that if you inherited a slave, you inherited their debt. So you could either sell the slave to a big corporate plantation where they would definitely be treated very poorly, default on the debt or you could have them work to pay off their debt and treat them as humanely as possible. I imagine a lot of people inherited slaves since it went on for hundreds of years. What would you do if you inherited a slave with a $80k debt attached? Many individuals in the south would attempt to treat their slaves as well as they could, but they had to make sure that the slave earned enough to help continue to pay off the debt. It was in fact the big corporate plantations that had the very nasty reputations of treating their slaves very poorly. I'm not saying none of the smaller plantations treated their slaves poorly, or that it was a good thing that they had slaves, just that they were treated much better in general, and that the slave owners themselves in many cases may have never actually purchased a slave...

NewUser
12-02-2013, 10:23 PM

Multi-national corporations from the 18/19th centuries??? Like what?

acptulsa
12-02-2013, 10:26 PM

Like the Hudson Bay Company, ignorant child. Like the Rothschild Bank. Like the royal family of England, Prussia and Russia (note I said 'family', not 'families').

Your school is brainwashing you. You want actual education. Find it.

heavenlyboy34
12-02-2013, 10:34 PM
I miss Torch so much. :( :'(

ghengis86
12-02-2013, 10:36 PM
I miss Torch so much. :( :'(

Is he gone?

fr33
12-02-2013, 10:43 PM
We are barely rational apes that are prone to tribalism and other superstitions.

ObiRandKenobi
12-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Genghis Khan was anti-racism.

Origanalist
12-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Is he gone?

He was here today. :confused:

Origanalist
12-02-2013, 11:37 PM
We are barely rational apes that are prone to tribalism and other superstitions.

Don't you think that's going a bit too far? We make a lot of dumb mistakes, but "barely rational"? It seems to me there are two sides to our coin.

fr33
12-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Don't you think that's going a bit too far? We make a lot of dumb mistakes, but "barely rational"? It seems to me there are two sides to our coin.

There's so much that we don't yet know, but there are many things we do know but get ignored in favor of tribalism. Even today, it's not uncommon to speak with people that think certain races have a lesser brain than another race. The whole concept of races is ridiculous. But we haven't gotten past that particular superstition.

CPUd
12-03-2013, 12:11 AM
Even today, it's not uncommon to speak with people that think certain races have a lesser brain than another race. .

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?434599-London-Mayor-16-of-the-population-are-idiots

fr33
12-03-2013, 12:21 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?434599-London-Mayor-16-of-the-population-are-idiots

That statement did not discriminate against ethnicity.

RickyJ
12-03-2013, 01:10 AM
The only sensible conclusion is that European Americans didn't view African-Americans as being completely human.

There are many who didn't think they were fully human and those that pushed this theory for personal gain. However not all states were for slavery at the beginning of this nation, and some wanted it outlawed at the start of this nation in the Constitution. Unfortunately these states looked for the greater good of being a part of the union for defensive purposes and didn't push the matter of slaves. If you look into the history of black slaves in America you will see that it was not Christians responsible for starting it or pushing propaganda trying to dehumanize black people.

oyarde
12-03-2013, 01:24 AM

If you buy me 100 cases of beer I will do your homework. Otherwise , I will answer this question. Racism is bullshit. There is no excuse for slavery. There is no defense a Man can give for thinking it is moral or good to own another.There for an adult man , is also no excuse to become owned.Fight to the death.

NewUser
12-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Like the Hudson Bay Company, ignorant child. Like the Rothschild Bank. Like the royal family of England, Prussia and Russia (note I said 'family', not 'families').

Your school is brainwashing you. You want actual education. Find it.

Alright, thanks I'll look up Hudson Bay Company.

LibForestPaul
12-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Why are Brits still so classist?
Why do Europeans still worship their Crowns?

PierzStyx
12-05-2013, 09:27 AM

The East India Trading Company is another example. Formed by the British as a private stock company, it conquered India and took part in forcing opium on China. Britain was literally the world's largest drug dealer at one point.

NewUser
12-19-2013, 02:43 PM
The East India Trading Company is another example. Formed by the British as a private stock company, it conquered India and took part in forcing opium on China. Britain was literally the world's largest drug dealer at one point.

Crazy...

Be good if we could speak on this later.

Acronies
12-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Because of crime. Its the peaceful race that is dying out.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DrH8HOEFYaY/UWwrDBnROqI/AAAAAAAAAqE/t6o1xhTj4DE/s400/Homicide_offending_by_race.jpg

Acronies
12-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Most babies born in the US are non-white.

brandon
12-20-2013, 08:43 AM
The African slaves were enslaved by fellow africans before they were sold to europeans.

pcosmar
12-20-2013, 08:59 AM
Most babies born in the US are non-white.

All babies are non white.

I have never in my life seen a white baby,, they are all shades if pink to brown.

tod evans
12-20-2013, 09:10 AM

I have never in my life seen a white baby,, they are all shades if pink to brown.

I've personally delivered 7 while working ambulance in the service and every one was reddish blue...

[edit]

They all pinked right up though..;)

Acronies
12-20-2013, 09:21 AM

http://www.fullfreestuff.com/image/downloads/baby/Pure-White-Baby.jpg

acptulsa
12-20-2013, 09:29 AM

Oh, I don't know. The Arabians that the Powers that Be are criminally slaughtering wholesale in the Middle East over the petrodollar don't have all that peaceful a history.

AuH20
12-20-2013, 09:41 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DrH8HOEFYaY/UWwrDBnROqI/AAAAAAAAAqE/t6o1xhTj4DE/s400/Homicide_offending_by_race.jpg

Nothing peaceful about that race. More like 'lost.'

Ender
12-20-2013, 11:52 AM
The whole West is pretty racist; not just America.

All the Africa/India/ME takeover by Britain was early 20th Century- and they were not the nice guys.

James Madison
12-20-2013, 12:21 PM
The whole West is pretty racist; not just America.

All the Africa/India/ME takeover by Britain was early 20th Century- and they were not the nice guys.

Humanity is pretty racist, in general.

The West gets a bad rap becomes it's the only places where 'melting pots' exist, which will naturally lead to racial tension. Everybody wants in to Europe or the US -- people in Zimbabwe or Bangladesh want out.

enhanced_deficit
12-20-2013, 08:29 PM
In the 20th century, racism has sharply spiked in US foreign policy after 1967 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?435179-Does-majority-of-Americans-support-or-oppose-Freedom-for-Palestinians&p=5336316&viewfull=1#post5336316) (under the guise of religious racism/zionism etc).

acptulsa
12-20-2013, 09:30 PM
In the 20th century, racism has sharply spiked in US foreign policy after 1967 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?435179-Does-majority-of-Americans-support-or-oppose-Freedom-for-Palestinians&p=5336316&viewfull=1#post5336316) (under the guise of religious racism/zionism etc).

What? Not only is the U.S. government using racism to divide us against ourselves and distract us from the fact that they're trying to drive us into slavery through the age-old practice of lowering wages and hiking the prices at The Company Store, but Israel's government is using racism to promote the Zionist Agenda?

Why, I believe you just qualified for the label of Anti-Semitic Conspiracy Theorist! Good job! Any thinking man would be proud of that accomplishment in this day and age.

enhanced_deficit
12-20-2013, 09:50 PM
acptulsa, exposing US tax payers funding of open-ended occupation/oppression of Palestinian semitic people and imposition of an apartheid regime is not racially motivated and is entirely religious fanaticism? If so, how do you explain Christian Zionists like this racially challanged "Speaker of Congress" calling for ethnic cleasing of largest semitic group in holy land?

Senior Republican calls on Israel to expel West Bank Arabs

Matthew Engel in Washington
Friday 3 May 2002 20.36 EDT

The most senior Republican in the House of Representatives has called for Palestinians to be expelled from the West Bank, which should be annexed in its entirety by the state of Israel. Dick Armey, majority leader in the House, shocked a primetime television audience when he said in a chat-show interview, that East Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza - all occupied by the Israeli army since the 1967 war - should be considered a part of Israel proper.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/may/04/israel3

Apartheid Regime Police State (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?435179-Does-majority-of-Americans-support-or-oppose-Freedom-for-Palestinians&p=5336316&viewfull=1#post5336316)

This guy is calling for ethnic cleansing of people of his own religion but not of the right chosen race or there is another explanation? Do you believe he is a racist or anti-semite or just pure religious fanatic? How many Christian-Zionists and Atheists-Zionists in US Congress share his beliefs and how many condemned his call?

Hope you will stick with this debate, I would like to understand your views better if you can avoid makling it personal or overly emotional.

acptulsa
12-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Hope you will stick with this debate, I would like to understand your views better if you can avoid makling it personal or overly emotional.

Doesn't anyone who tries to say what the U.S. government is really doing get labeled a conspiracy theorist? Doesn't anyone who tries to say what the Israeli government is really up to get labeled anti-semitic? Isn't anyone who is sharp enough to see, and honest enough to say, therefore automatically an anti-semitic conspiracy theorist?

You just can't give some people compliments...

enhanced_deficit
12-20-2013, 10:10 PM
You just can't give some people compliments...

I thought my saracasm often went undetected but you do a much better job at concealing it :)

Things are clear now.

HOLLYWOOD
12-20-2013, 11:34 PM
The Greeks were also imported as slaves to work in Florida. There are so many forgotten stories and so many propaganda stories by special interest groups

Don't forget the proverbial, "I own myself to the company store" of even natural born citizens forced into a lifetime of indentured work.

acptulsa
12-20-2013, 11:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIfu2A0ezq0