PDA

View Full Version : A fantastic liberty organization needs your help!

NewRightLibertarian
11-30-2013, 11:29 AM
Just saw this on the Tenth Amendment Center Facebook Page:

"QUESTION: Should TAC continue our work for Nullification, or should we shut down?

Today, because we would like to continue our work, and because we believe in the free market, we've received a tidal wave of hateful e-mail.

Today alone, we've been called fascists, scum, corporate whores, nazis, cry-babies, whiners, sell outs, evil...and much more. It's hard to believe the horrible things people have written to us.

Why?

Because we need to raise money to continue leading the nullification movement. And, unlike MOST organizations, we refuse to accept government grants and have no corporate backers.

So we sell things - books, DVDs, shirts - with an educational message. And yes, we want you to buy them to raise the thousands (not millions) of dollars we need each month to push on.

For some reason - some people are very angry about that. But no, we're not Walmart, or Target, or amazon.com - or anything of the like.

We're grassroots. Our YEARLY operating budget is less than $100,000. that's 1/5 of 1% of what SPLC has for a budget.

Bottom line?

Every minute spent selling products, or asking for financial help is a minute taken away from direct activism.

In 7 years, we haven't been able to figure out how else to do it, and there's been no rich angel throwing millions (or even tens of thousands) our way.

So we push on.

We're very grateful for those of you who support that effort. Our hope is that the pervasive hatred of free exchange doesn't grow so much that it forces us to shut down.

Personally, I'm going to keep doing everything I can to build and grow this thing into a well-oiled machine. But it's up to you - the market - to decide if TAC should stick around.

I hope it's a big YES.

--Michael Boldin
Tenth Amendment Center"

The Tenth Amendment Center is doing big things with their #NullifyNSA (http://offnow.org/) campaign to turn the water off for the NSA at the state and local level. They're also working to promote the Constitutional Tender Act (http://tender.tenthamendmentcenter.com/) across the country to end the fed from the bottom up. They have good deals for wonderful products available at their online store (http://shop.tenthamendmentcenter.com/). Please check them out and consider supporting them. It really goes a long way at promoting nullification and decentralized government.

compromise
11-30-2013, 11:32 AM
They should get in touch with the Koch Brothers.

NewRightLibertarian
11-30-2013, 11:34 AM
They should get in touch with the Koch Brothers.

I don't think they'd give a nullification front any of their dough. They don't want to ruffle the establishment's feathers too much.

green73
11-30-2013, 11:47 AM
So they are receiving criticism from people who are otherwise supporters of the cause? Makes me sick. Marxist indoctrination runs deep.

NewRightLibertarian
11-30-2013, 11:49 AM
So they are receiving criticism from people who are otherwise supporters of the cause? Makes me sick. Marxist indoctrination runs deep.

Lots of libertarians are no better than the establishment scum out there, I'm sad to say.

FrankRep
11-30-2013, 11:58 AM
I don't think they'd give a nullification front any of their dough. They don't want to ruffle the establishment's feathers too much.

The Koch brothers fund FreedomWorks and FW is supportive of Nullification.

mad cow
11-30-2013, 12:26 PM

Lots of supporters of the cause hate the Constitution,hence,hate the Tenth Amendment.

SilentBull
11-30-2013, 12:30 PM
There's nothing more disgusting than "libertarians" who hate others for trying to make money.

NewRightLibertarian
11-30-2013, 12:35 PM
The Koch brothers fund FreedomWorks and FW is supportive of Nullification.

They certainly pay lip service to it, but I haven't seen substantial support from them for the significant nullification efforts going on across the country. If I am wrong, please let me know. FW is not a bad organization, probably the best of all the ones that receive Koch money.

Lots of supporters of the cause hate the Constitution,hence,hate the Tenth Amendment.

Those aren't the people we're receiving the backlash from. Anarcho-capitalists are usually very supportive of TAC since Tom Woods is one of our biggest endorsers.

There's nothing more disgusting than "libertarians" who hate others for trying to make money.

Indeed.

Christian Liberty
11-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Those aren't the people we're receiving the backlash from. Anarcho-capitalists are usually very supportive of TAC since Tom Woods is one of our biggest endorsers.

I don't know how any ancap wouldn't support nullification.

NewRightLibertarian
12-01-2013, 01:46 PM
I don't know how any ancap wouldn't support nullification.

Yeah, it's usually right up their alley. It's the Beltway libertarians who are nullification deniers and always happy to defend absolute federal supremacy in the NY Times, Washington Post or some other establishment rag.