PDA

View Full Version : NYC - Toll to get into NYC will rise to $13.

Anti Federalist
11-29-2013, 10:19 PM
So a trip from, say, South Amboy New Jersey to Red Hook Brooklyn, via the Outerbridge to Staten Island to Brooklyn via the Verrazano bridge will cost $28 just in bridge tolls.

Tolls Set To Rise Sunday on George Washington Bridge, Other NJ-NYC Crossings

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/EZ-Pass-Tolls-NYC-NJ-233848191.html

Get ready to pay more to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey when you drive from New Jersey into New York City.

The third of five annual toll hikes is scheduled to go into effect on Sunday at bridges and tunnels.

Cars with E-ZPass tags will pay 75 cents more when they cross the George Washington, Bayonne and Goethals bridges and Outerbridge Crossing, or go through the Lincoln and Holland tunnels.

That makes the E-ZPass peak toll $11 and the off-peak toll $9.

Cars paying cash will continue to pay $13.

The heaviest burden will be borne by trucks or towing combinations with six or more axles. Their off-peak E-ZPass rate will rise from $66 to $78 and the peak E-ZPass rate will rise $12 to $84.

dannno
11-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Do the toll booth operators sit in a hot tub full of KFC gravy with a bucket of french fries on the side?

tangent4ronpaul
11-29-2013, 10:46 PM
DANG!

And then there is parking, which I bet runs $15-20...

Now what is minimum wage in NYC again? Sounds like a lot of folks being put in the position of it being too expensive to work....

-t

mad cow
11-30-2013, 12:14 AM
Thirteen more reasons never to go to NYC.

Koz
11-30-2013, 12:43 AM
Thirteen more reasons never to go to NYC.

Exactly! Hell, you couldn't pay me $13 to go to that cesspool.

muzzled dogg
11-30-2013, 01:08 AM
who paid for the bridge and who stands to profit from the rate hike?

Keith and stuff
11-30-2013, 01:48 AM
DANG!

And then there is parking, which I bet runs $15-20...

Now what is minimum wage in NYC again? Sounds like a lot of folks being put in the position of it being too expensive to work....

-t

I've seen free parking in NYC on the road. I've seen $25 lots for cars. But this is just the 3rd of 5 already scheduled rate hikes. So driving a truck is increasing by $12 to $84. If it increases $12 twice again, that's $108 just to drive a truck on a road for several 100 feet. Every time the toll increases for trucks into NYC, the price of some of the goods in NYC increases. I hope this doesn't end $1 pizza in Manhattan!

oyarde
11-30-2013, 10:26 AM
I've seen free parking in NYC on the road. I've seen $25 lots for cars. But this is just the 3rd of 5 already scheduled rate hikes. So driving a truck is increasing by $12 to $84. If it increases $12 twice again, that's $108 just to drive a truck on a road for several 100 feet. Every time the toll increases for trucks into NYC, the price of some of the goods in NYC increases. I hope this doesn't end $1 pizza in Manhattan!

Not sure why anyone would even bring food in there . You can sell it elsewhere and make more .

eduardo89
11-30-2013, 12:26 PM
who paid for the bridge and who stands to profit from the rate hike?

The bridge was built and is owned by the city and is maintained by MTA Bridges and Tunnels which is a public-benefit corporation.

Matt Collins
11-30-2013, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I don't know why they would expect people to PAY to go there, I'd never go to NY unless I was being paid to do so.

amy31416
11-30-2013, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I don't know why they would expect people to PAY to go there, I'd never go to NY unless I was being paid to do so.

Suddenly that $13 seems worth it, and I doubt anyone's going to pay you to go there. I'm sure FAO Schwartz already hired for the season.

NYC is fun to visit.

amy31416
11-30-2013, 02:47 PM

Suddenly that $13 seems worth it, and I doubt anyone's going to pay you to go there. I'm sure FAO Schwartz already hired for the season.

NYC is fun to visit.

Matt Collins
11-30-2013, 02:48 PM
I doubt anyone's going to pay you to go there. I've had some offers over the years to do some shows there, but it never panned out (fortunately)