PDA

View Full Version : WaPo: End presidential term limits

Lucille
11-29-2013, 03:27 PM
"common sense and good judgement of the people" LOL

WaPo's Modest Proposal: Dictator Obama
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-29/wapos-modest-proposal-dictator-obama

"It’s time to put that power back where it belongs," explains Jonathan Zimmerman in today's Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/end-presidential-term-limits/2013/11/28/50876456-561e-11e3-ba82-16ed03681809_story.html), "Barack Obama should be allowed to stand for re election just as citizens should be allowed to vote for — or against — him. Anything less diminishes our leaders and ourselves." The 22nd Amendment, limiting the Presidential term, according to Zimmerman, reflected "a shocking lack of faith in the common sense and good judgment of the people." Of course, in the increasingly 'entitled' America, it would only cost a few hundred million to bribe all the newly downgraded Middle-to-Lower class Americans with Obamaphones in order to finally get a "dictatorial democracy" by indirectly funding the lower common denominator with $400 in free money every election cycle.
[...]
It was only yesterday that we highlighted what happens when the entitled elect themselves... a brutal hangover," and the dismal waste of the Obamaphone program (among many others) suggests we are well down that route:

Anti Federalist
11-29-2013, 04:35 PM
I'd trust a garden slug to "lead" me, before I would O-Bomb-Ya.

Ronin Truth
11-29-2013, 04:43 PM
One term max, two just seems to get them into more trouble.

11-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Another article on this.

http://news.yahoo.com/presidential-term-limits--necessary-and-right--or-bad-for-democracy-192726518.html

Let's just coronate the bastard and get it over with.

RM918
11-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Not only should they stay in place, they need to be expanded to congress and the senate where some of these guys basically have life term appointments.

Origanalist
11-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Dear Leader for life!

Ronin Truth
11-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Not only should they stay in place, they need to be expanded to congress and the senate where some of these guys basically have life term appointments.

The sheeple just keep on voting to reelect the bastards. Go figure.

DamianTV
11-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Why not just declare Glorious Leadear a King, and abolish both Congress since no one likes them, and the Supreme Court since they always misinterpret the King's Law!

Keith and stuff
11-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Is the Washington Post against Obama? He is the worst president since Carter and the least popular since the extremely unpopular Bush. Clearly, he would be destroyed in a 3rd election. Did the Koch Brothers buy the Washington Post or something?

RickyJ
11-29-2013, 06:16 PM
I got a better idea, let's end the presidency. Let Congress take over that role.

Anti Federalist
11-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Why not just declare Glorious Leadear a King, and abolish both Congress since no one likes them, and the Supreme Court since they always misinterpret the King's Law!

Patience Comrade.

Wait until 48 hours after the next terror attack.

HOLLYWOOD
11-29-2013, 07:08 PM
It's all another distraction by propaganda Fascist-corporate media. Taking the focus off the Fraud & THEIR CONTINUED Failures from the government criminals.

Stay on Target... the fucking Marxists running the 'Theft Star'(Washington DC).

"common sense and good judgement of the people" LOL

WaPo's Modest Proposal: Dictator Obama
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-29/wapos-modest-proposal-dictator-obama

Another article on this.

http://news.yahoo.com/presidential-term-limits--necessary-and-right--or-bad-for-democracy-192726518.html

Let's just coronate the bastard and get it over with.

green73
11-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Term limits only make the rent seekers more maleficent. If you're going to have a democracy--and that’s what America has--why have term limits?

Of course, democracy is evil at the root, but good luck getting rid of it. I don't see how term limits help.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Does this matter? The people will just vote for someone as worse, or worse than the predecessor. Certainly Obama is worse than Bush and Bush worse than Clinton, etc. As long as the population continues to be bribed by the Treasury, enticed with petty power over their neighbor, and scared of muslim's and 'extremists' and vote for boot-lickers over independence and liberty, then how can anyone sit there and say term limits have any positive effect? If you want to term limit someone, it happens every 2 or 4 years.

gwax23
11-29-2013, 07:48 PM
I rather have no term limits actually. Hear me out....

A lot of these leftists presidents implement a lot of shit during their terms in office. Bigger governments, more spending, more taxes etc etc. But a lot of these things or at least their economic implications are not felt until after he has left office. Without term limits they would more than likely be in power when the consequences of their policies start to take effect, hence not only the person who implemented said policies get blamed, but the policies themselves come into question.

That and the fact I would love to see a person like Ron Paul, had he been elected, serve 4 terms if not more.

DamianTV
11-29-2013, 07:54 PM
What difference does it make?

Elections are Rigged and it doesnt make any difference as to which Puppet is elected, their strings are still pulled by their Puppet Masters. If we were supposed to vote on something IMPORTANT, then we'd have the opportunity to vote to get rid of the Puppet Masters period! Does anyone think the Puppet Masters would EVER allow that?

PaleoPaul
11-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Hitlary is too power-hungry to allow the Community Agitator to have a third term.

DamianTV
11-29-2013, 09:39 PM
All Presidential Candidates, including Hitlary, are Puppets as long as the Central Banks hold sway over those that create and enforce their Laws over the People.

alucard13mm
11-29-2013, 10:01 PM
So I wonder what will happen so Obama will declare Marshal Law and stay POTUS indefinitely.

PaleoPaul
11-29-2013, 10:29 PM
All Presidential Candidates, including Hitlary, are Puppets as long as the Central Banks hold sway over those that create and enforce their Laws over the People.
Hitlary isn't a puppet. She's too smart, conniving, and sharp to be a puppet. She'd be more like one of the puppetmasters.

Anti Federalist
11-29-2013, 11:00 PM
So I wonder what will happen so Obama will declare Marshal Law and stay POTUS indefinitely.

Not meaning to be shitty, but this really, really, REALLY tweaks my OCD and inner Grammar Nazi.

OK, once again:

Marshal Law

http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2011/06/04/OBIT_WEAVER_t470.jpg?84974f3f373deb0dda0f75a22ddd9 b7d3a332b26

Martial Law

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gHJ-iI1iqrg/UZvTLlzNSjI/AAAAAAAAK-Y/mxCgUBAktoA/s1600/boston-2013.jpg

HOLLYWOOD
11-29-2013, 11:21 PM
Hitlary is too power-hungry to allow the Community Agitator to have a third term.The Money Masters and Elitists provide the choice of finalist for the foolish America to choose from.

It's all rigged today... every single step and avenue is fixed. Don't let anybody tell you different... Money, the Cabal, the sellouts, the profiteers... on & on control the political puppets. It's all Kabuki Theater.. the grandest show on earth and the people flock to this entertainment like bugs to those Blue zapping lights @ night.

DamianTV
11-30-2013, 03:51 AM
Hitlary isn't a puppet. She's too smart, conniving, and sharp to be a puppet. She'd be more like one of the puppetmasters.

Unless she Prints the Money, then she only wields the Illusion of Power.

Philhelm
11-30-2013, 07:43 AM
Not meaning to be shitty, but this really, really, REALLY tweaks my OCD and inner Grammar Nazi.

OK, once again:

Marshal Law

Martial Law

This is one that has always irked me too, since it takes away from the meaning.

Anything martial pertains to war. For example: martial arts, martial prowess, martial law.

Another one that irks me is cavalry vs. calvary. You can't very well have a calvalier.

TheNung
11-30-2013, 10:34 AM

No, she's definitely a puppet. She's a face. Puppetmasters are never faces. It defeats the purpose of being a puppetmaster. She can be brilliant but that doesn't make her less of a puppet. She's just as much a slave to her campaign backers as Obama, and you don't get elected without being a puppet of the banks.

tod evans
11-30-2013, 11:20 AM
What difference does it make?

Elections are Rigged and it doesnt make any difference as to which Puppet is elected, their strings are still pulled by their Puppet Masters. If we were supposed to vote on something IMPORTANT, then we'd have the opportunity to vote to get rid of the Puppet Masters period! Does anyone think the Puppet Masters would EVER allow that?

Saved me some typin'....

Zippyjuan
11-30-2013, 04:42 PM
If Barack Obama was running for a third term would you support term limits? If Ron or Rand Paul were president and wanted a third term would you support term limits? Term limits limits choices people have on who they can elect.

nobody's_hero
11-30-2013, 09:03 PM
My support for term limits is based upon the hope that the American people will eventually f*ck up and accidentally elect someone who will actually be good for the country. And if that person should only stay in for 8 years before falling victim to term limits themselves, then at least it will have been 8 years longer than they would have served, had their predecessor kept being elected to office until death, which is what most voters do when given the chance.

devil21
11-30-2013, 09:21 PM
My support for term limits is based upon the hope that the American people will eventually f*ck up and accidentally elect someone who will actually be good for the country. And if that person should only stay in for 8 years before falling victim to term limits themselves, then at least it will have been 8 years longer than they would have served, had their predecessor kept being elected to office until death, which is what most voters do when given the chance.

Ask JFK how that ends up.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-01-2013, 01:17 AM
Does this matter? The people will just vote for someone as worse, or worse than the predecessor. Certainly Obama is worse than Bush and Bush worse than Clinton, etc. As long as the population continues to be bribed by the Treasury, enticed with petty power over their neighbor, and scared of muslim's and 'extremists' and vote for boot-lickers over independence and liberty, then how can anyone sit there and say term limits have any positive effect? If you want to term limit someone, it happens every 2 or 4 years.

Term limits work because it limits The Peoples' stupidity. There is no harm in getting new blood in the White House. No one is so irreplaceable they need to stay in there for over a decade. Only FDR was that vain.

Think back to the Founding Fathers. They only gave The People direct representation with the House. They had the President elected through the Electoral College and U.S. Senators by the states. They seemed to know The People were not to be trusted. Have things gotten better since the 17th Amendment and more direct control by the popular vote in presidential elections?

James Madison
12-01-2013, 01:28 AM
Term limits work because it limits The Peoples' stupidity. There is no harm in getting new blood in the White House. No one is so irreplaceable they need to stay in there for over a decade. Only FDR was that vain.

Think back to the Founding Fathers. They only gave The People direct representation with the House. They had the President elected through the Electoral College and U.S. Senators by the states. They seemed to know The People were not to be trusted. Have things gotten better since the 17th Amendment and more direct control by the popular vote in presidential elections?

And they even went so far as to restrict voting rights for the majority population.