PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, Right-Wing Media: The "Knockout Game" Trend Is a Myth

RonPaulFanInGA
11-26-2013, 04:29 PM
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/11/25/why_the_knockout_game_trend_is_a_myth.html

dannno
11-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Ya neocon right wing media tends to sensationalize this sort of stuff. It's worth reporting on possibly, but to go out and say it is a huge growing epidemic is kind of silly.

Danke
11-26-2013, 04:34 PM
slate.com lol

phill4paul
11-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Just coincidence.

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/11/knockout-game-videos-watch-punching-new-york/

GregSarnowski
11-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Eww, why would you post something written by liberal weasel Dave Weigel?

Playing down these attacks must be the new talking point being pushed by whatever replaced the "journolist" email group.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Playing down these attacks must be the new talking point being pushed by whatever replaced the "journolist" email group.

See, to me, this whole thing seems to be originating from World Net Daily, the same folks that brought us the NAU (2005-2009) and birth certificate stuff (2008-present).

This seems to be their new meme. But given their recent past, why should anyone give them any credibility about whatever it is they're screeching about now?

Ronin Truth
11-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Just a myth. I sure that's a great comfort to the victims and their families.

Danke
11-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Just coincidence.

coincidence theorist.

thoughtomator
11-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Ya neocon right wing media tends to sensationalize this sort of stuff. It's worth reporting on possibly, but to go out and say it is a huge growing epidemic is kind of silly.

There is an epidemic of street violence, and not just from the cops. I was calling this out well before the media ever got to it. The whole Trayvon thing was deliberately stoked by the media in order to cause mayhem, and it worked. From the very beginning of the summer it was apparent that things are getting a lot more violent, and fast. This is NOT the result of sensationalism; if anything, they have blacked out the true scope of the problem.

juleswin
11-26-2013, 04:47 PM
On Sunday on CNN, they were discussing a case of an alleged Knock out game/hate crime where a group of Hispanic men were talking about knocking out a Jewish (they made sure to mention his religion) man, fortunately for the Jewish man, he overheard them discussing it and when the attacker came up to punch him, he was able to stop him (not with a gun) before calling the authorities. The 2 lawyers on the panel discussing this alleged crime had already convicted the Hispanic man and the only point of contention was whether it was a hate crime or not.

I seems like every assault type crime in the US is now deemed a knockout game to inflate the number. You have to wonder what the agenda is this time. Btw I think the sick game when it occurs is totally disgusting and depraved and they should throw the books at anyone caught doing this.

KingRobbStark
11-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Well...as long as it's a game...

thoughtomator
11-26-2013, 05:02 PM
See, to me, this whole thing seems to be originating from World Net Daily, the same folks that brought us the NAU (2005-2009) and birth certificate stuff (2008-present).

This seems to be their new meme. But given their recent past, why should anyone give them any credibility about whatever it is they're screeching about now?

Um, because they turned out to be dead on target on both issues? DHS officially considers Canada and Mexico to be part of the "homeland" and Obama's official story background has a lot less evidence to back it up than do the allegations made.

Antischism
11-26-2013, 05:07 PM
The article is correct.

dannno
11-26-2013, 05:11 PM
the same folks that brought us the NAU (2005-2009)

Well they were right on with that, if nobody cared I guarantee we would be living in the NAU today. The only reason we don't live in a place called the NAU is because enough pressure was applied and they came to the realization that the people wouldn't stand for it. So they started changing the terminology in their documents and created a media and disinformation campaign to make it look like they weren't pushing for something called the NAU as they continued to 'harmonize' codes and create much of what they wanted to do anyway.

Brett85
11-26-2013, 06:24 PM

+Rep.

brandon
11-26-2013, 06:44 PM
This kinda thing has been going on for ever, regardless of what it's called. I was assaulted under similar circumstances by urban youth back in 2006. One blow to the back of the head and they took off running. It's a real problem, but the recent over-hype in the media as if it's some new trend sweeping the nation isn't quite accurate either. If you're a white guy or asian walking in the hood, watch your back as always. Just common sense.

juleswin
11-26-2013, 06:45 PM

The headline reads Knockout trend is a myth not the knockout game itself. Its like someone saying the idea of mass shooting being an epidemic in the US is a myth and them some gun grabbing liberal says "tell that to the victims of Sandy hook, they sure are real" in an attempt to make you out as an insensitive SOB. The trend is what he's saying is a myth not the act itself, very big difference.

Anti Federalist
11-26-2013, 06:45 PM
This kinda thing has been going on for ever, regardless of what it's called. I was assaulted under similar circumstances by urban youth back in 2006. One blow to the back of the head and they took off running. It's a real problem, but the recent over-hype in the media as if it's some new trend sweeping the nation isn't quite accurate either. If you're a white guy or asian walking in the hood, watch your back as always. Just common sense.

Racist.

dannno
11-26-2013, 06:52 PM

Ya the slate article admitted that the game does exist, just that the amount of danger you might find yourself in today is not much different than any other time.

kcchiefs6465
11-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Racist.
Well to be fair, if you are a black guy in the hood, watch your back as always. There are people scheming everywhere. I'm white, never had many problems as I was fairly known and am a bigger guy, but I still look over my shoulder, hardly stop at the stop signs, and keep an eye on my surroundings. I've walked through some of the worst neighborhoods in the country at night, drunk as hell, and unarmed. I never had any problems with anyone aside from the police. Come to think about it, I was probably on the look out for the police, though I had done no wrong, as much as I was for the stick up kids. People look at me sideways when I tell them the only time I've ever been robbed is by the police. Especially considering they knew the areas I traveled. I've had friends, black and white, who've been pistol whipped or taken captive into their home. Not knowing your surroundings is foolish no matter where you are, or your skin tone.

It is well known not to walk around on the first and the third. They are bricking people to check their pockets in hopes they got their SSI money. We had a few young kids talking about trying to rob us, which was amazing considering the size of the people I was with, but they thought better of it (they said something like "I know they got their Social Security check today"). I had a bottle in my hand that would have came at the first person who came up so good for them.. they didn't make the paper. Kids (black and white) don't think, man. Stay out of the cities, if possible. When the dollar collapses, there will be some pain. It may take a few months before people learn some common decency (at the barrel of a gun).

Feeding the Abscess
11-26-2013, 07:26 PM
At my largely white, suburban junior high, there were organized fist fights in the parking lot and/or adjacent park after school. This was a weekly thing.

I should start writing about them as if they're currently happening. Maybe it'll garner national attention.

Neil Desmond
11-26-2013, 07:27 PM
The headline reads Knockout trend is a myth not the knockout game itself. Its like someone saying the idea of mass shooting being an epidemic in the US is a myth and them some gun grabbing liberal says "tell that to the victims of Sandy hook, they sure are real" in an attempt to make you out as an insensitive SOB. The trend is what he's saying is a myth not the act itself, very big difference.
I know what you mean, but the trend consists of the individual incidents. Even arguing that the trend will stop because now it's getting a high amount of exposure would itself be very weak, because that involves trying to predict the future. If it happens one more time anytime from this point forward, then we'll know for sure that this claim that it's a myth is complete BS.

enoch150
11-26-2013, 07:58 PM
The headline reads Knockout trend is a myth not the knockout game itself.

The article does not actually provide evidence that the trend is a myth.

Snew
11-26-2013, 07:59 PM

this.

enhanced_deficit
11-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Controlled US Media has its own mind, no one can tell them what to do .. except perhaps the owners. NYT, CSMonitor all have joined the fray as they had for knocking out Iraqi nation few years back.

This was latest report:

Brooklyn attack arrest: Is 'knockout game' a hate crime?

Growing reports of the 'knockout game' are forcing police to take a closer look at racial motivations while also being careful to not spark copycat attacks.

By Patrik Jonsson, Staff writer / November 23, 2013

ATLANTA

Hate crime charges against a black Brooklyn man for assaulting a white man could raise the stakes over what to do about the so-called “knockout game,” where primarily young black men surprise white victims with a rain of punches – sometimes for a $5 bet.

The Christian Science Monitor
Weekly Digital Edition

Police have been receiving reports that indicate a wave of “knockout game” incidents primarily in the Northeast, and some police are now beginning to draw connections between individual reports. “I think it’s very real,” Sgt. Tom Connellan told the New York Times (http://www.csmonitor.com/tags/topic/The+New+York+Times+Company). “As opposed to a motive for assault, be it anger or robbery, this is strictly for a game.”

The apparent object of the game is to pick an unsuspecting victim and knock them out with a punch. The perpetrators are often described as ethically challenged teenagers, but the potential racial element has begun to be noticed more broadly by community leaders in places like Brooklyn.
Quoted by a local TV news station, Brooklyn Rabbi Yaacov Behrmann said that he believes the assaults are part of “a disturbing game by some African-American teens.”

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2013/1123/Brooklyn-attack-arrest-Is-knockout-game-a-hate-crime-video

Anti Federalist
11-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Ya the slate article admitted that the game does exist, just that the amount of danger you might find yourself in today is not much different than any other time.

Actually, it is quite less. Violent crime rates and cop killing are at record lows.

A docile and subservient populace lorded over by heavy handed cops (not a good thing), combined with an armed citizen populace (a good thing), makes for a low crime rate.

specsaregood
11-26-2013, 08:24 PM
if anything, they have blacked out the true scope of the problem.

sounds racist.

kcchiefs6465
11-26-2013, 08:28 PM
Actually, it is quite less. Violent crime rates and cop killing are at record lows.

A docile and subservient populace lorded over by heavy handed cops (not a good thing), combined with an armed citizen populace (a good thing), makes for a low crime rate.
If the metropolitans weren't included in crime reports, actual crime would be practically nonexistent.

Anti Federalist
11-26-2013, 08:31 PM
If the metropolitans weren't included in crime reports, actual crime would be practically nonexistent.

Valid point.

Drop the stats from just five metro areas: Detroit, Chicago, District of Calamity, NOLA and Camden and re-calculate.

RonPaulMall
11-26-2013, 08:40 PM

It is not a "trend", as it has been going on for a long time, but to blame "right wing" media is way off the mark. People think it is a new trend only because the MSM has covered up urban violence stories for years. Now that media is less centralized, these stories are starting to get reported more. The truth- that this kind of violence has been commonplace for decades in the violent urban cores of America, is actually more horrifying than the idea it is some new "trend".

Henry Rogue
11-26-2013, 09:10 PM
This happened around my area, a few times, 2 or 3 years ago. Someone or ones was/were knocking people out. It was reported on the local news. It's a good thing to be aware of, but if all this coverage results in more laws, that wouldn't be such a good thing. My neighbors were discussing the topic back then, one saying that "carry permits would reduce these incidences". That "these thugs would think twice about attacking someone if they thought the target might be armed". The other neighbor then came up with this scenario, claiming that "if the thug thought the victims might have a gun, the thugs would start carrying guns themselves and shoot the victims instead of punching the victims". Basically claiming that "if people were allowed to protect themselves with guns that this would escalate the violence". I chimed in and said "if that was likely, why are they not walking up to cops and shooting them, since cop do carry guns". Then I said, "because these predators choose victims that appear to be easy targets".

dillo
11-26-2013, 09:42 PM
its not an epidemic, its just right wing media doing to black people what the left wing media does to white people. And the more they cover it, they more popular it will get.

Henry Rogue
11-26-2013, 09:58 PM
It never occurred to me, that it might be a race thing. My local media never mentions the race of the perpetrators or the victims, unless the perpetrator is white. I don't remember if the perpetrator was white, he could have been.

Brett85
11-26-2013, 10:46 PM
its not an epidemic, its just right wing media doing to black people what the left wing media does to white people. And the more they cover it, they more popular it will get.

What they're doing is simply reporting on what some black people are doing to whites in these cities. But I guess the media isn't allowed to report the truth without being called racists.

angelatc
11-26-2013, 10:47 PM

Are they creating the videos that show the attacks, too?

FloralScent
11-26-2013, 11:06 PM

How the fuck is CNN "right wing media"? I suppose you'd like it swept under the rug.

ObiRandKenobi
11-26-2013, 11:07 PM
I was assaulted under similar circumstances by urban youth back in 2006.

but salon.com said

LibertyEagle
11-26-2013, 11:08 PM

You are wrong. It has been going on for years. The media is just now starting to report on it. Possibly, because of who was attacked recently. Maybe that was enough for them to break their silence.

NewRightLibertarian
11-26-2013, 11:29 PM

Sounds like it's for real then considering their exemplary track record.

Also, http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/meet-wnds-man-of-the-decade/

kcchiefs6465
11-27-2013, 12:25 AM
You are wrong. It has been going on for years. The media is just now starting to report on it. Possibly, because of who was attacked recently. Maybe that was enough for them to break their silence.
For decades, even. Red shoe laces skin heads get, for randomly knocking out, "n-iggers", "****", or, "kikes." (shocking, I know, FOX News didn't sensationalize it)

But blacks are out of control, Helter Skelter is apparent, and be afraid.

ETA: Now you could perhaps argue the case that when whites do it, it is considered a hate crime, but if blacks do it, they are simply charged with simple assault or felonious assault and the media often times downplays the possible or overt racial motives in the attack but that is just evidence of why "hate crime" laws need to go as they are arbitrary and largely unneeded. Catering based on a perceived lack of injustice is creating injustice when these sorts of attacks could be virtually nil if an armed and aware populace was in place. I, personally, wouldn't shed a tear if any of these punks caught a few rounds. If that is what it takes for common sense and common decency to prevail, so be it. Though the media, as always, is blowing a problem out of proportion to divide, while keeping the general public in a state of distrust and fear. Imagine through your lifetime how many epidemics we've had. From H1N1 to the abduction of children to terrorists to drug epidemics. I mean their narrative is so predictable and played out that I am surprised people still fall for it. Forget about their criminal deeds and worry about the [virtually nonexistent] threat of being randomly sucker punched by a group of teens. I really do feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone, at times.

kcchiefs6465
11-27-2013, 08:09 AM
[Bump] as I think my previous post is particularly valid and I hope people see this for what it is. These sort of "epidemics" are the reason why I cannot stomach MSM news. I should have been an abducted, swine flu infected, terrorist attacked, randomly sucker punched, fellow if the "news" is to have any credibility in any matter whatsoever. Saying that they are jokes would be an understatement. Not to mention the propagandist whores and their sewage isn't particularly funny.

TheNung
11-27-2013, 10:06 AM
It never occurred to me, that it might be a race thing. My local media never mentions the race of the perpetrators or the victims, unless the perpetrator is white. I don't remember if the perpetrator was white, he could have been.

I live in Philadelphia and it seems that our media is more likely to refer to whites and hispanics by their race than blacks.

Deborah K
11-27-2013, 12:48 PM

So you think the SPP (Security and Prosperity Partnership) aka NAU is a myth??? :confused:

Valli6
11-27-2013, 12:48 PM
On Sunday on CNN, they were discussing a case of an alleged Knock out game/hate crime where a group of Hispanic men were talking about knocking out a Jewish (they made sure to mention his religion) man, fortunately for the Jewish man, he overheard them discussing it and when the attacker came up to punch him, he was able to stop him (not with a gun) before calling the authorities. The 2 lawyers on the panel discussing this alleged crime had already convicted the Hispanic man and the only point of contention was whether it was a hate crime or not.

"he overheard them discussing it"

I saw this on cnn, and it sounded like this was not even a real attempt at an assault. Did you hear the part where the alleged victim said that as he was running away, one of the guys yelled, "Wait! Come back! I can do this!"

Sounds more like 3 drunk guys clowning around. No one ever laid a finger on him. {EDIT: Apparently I'm wrong about this part - the victim says he was hit "in the face", but was not knocked down} I think CNN chose to report that particular story to "prove" that other races do it too.

Once a couple of stupid white kids get filmed immitating this phenomenon, the media will be happy to report on it. Meanwhile, youtube is full of videos of mobs of black (and only black) youths attacking lone white victims, or flashmobbing to rob stores, and the media doesn't report on it. It's not limited to the "knockout" thing. (Yes, I am aware that the vast majority of black people do not do things like this - but it is a thing that occurs.)

juleswin
11-27-2013, 01:21 PM
"he overheard them discussing it"

I saw this on cnn, and it sounded like this was not even a real attempt at an assault. Did you hear the part where the alleged victim said that as he was running away, one of the guys yelled, "Wait! Come back! I can do this!"

Sounds more like 3 drunk guys clowning around. No one ever laid a finger on him. I think CNN chose to report that particular story to "prove" that other races do it too.

Once a couple of stupid white kids get filmed immitating this phenomenon, the media will be happy to report on it. Meanwhile, youtube is full of videos of mobs of black (and only black) youths attacking lone white victims, or flashmobbing to rob stores, and the media doesn't report on it. It's not limited to the "knockout" thing. (Yes, I am aware that the vast majority of black people do not do things like this - but it is a thing that occurs.)

I have to say that I have been seeing this stupid game played out on worldstarhiphop.com and even thought the perpetrators are exclusive blacks, the victims are sometimes other blacks. The bizarre thing about the CNN case is that one the alleged attackers were 1 hispanic males, mid 20s and early 30s and they were discussing a surprise crime if front of their target victim. It just made so sense whatsoever, maybe they were high as hell but the report never said anything about them being intoxicated.

I think sadly that young black people doing stupid shit is no longer surprising to many people which makes it not newsworthy but white people on the other hand engaging in this behaviour is news worthy. I think its actually a compliment to white people than an insult but hey I could be wrong in my thinking. If any New Yorker is following the alleged knockout game against the hispanic men guy in NY, please keep us updated. I would like to see how they prove the intent of those guys

pcosmar
11-27-2013, 01:33 PM

Random violence is not the Myth. It has been ongoing for years and is nothing new. Skinheads,, Chavs. and various other gangs have been violent for years.

The "Knockout Game" is a myth that was created by a few "journalists".

LibertyEagle
11-27-2013, 01:38 PM
^^^ Bullshit.

PRB
11-27-2013, 03:33 PM

it's always a myth when you hear that black people are criminals, we all know black people never commit crimes, it's just the racist media making us think that they do.

pcosmar
11-27-2013, 04:30 PM
What they're doing is simply reporting on what some black people are doing to whites in these cities. But I guess the media isn't allowed to report the truth without being called racists.

No,, They are taking a few incidents and making up an alleged game out of it.

It is absolutely no different from Skinheads attacking people, Or Random and pointless violence by any other groups of aimless and thoughtless idiots.

It is not a "trend" and is not a Game and it s not organized nor widespread.

it is simply random pointless violence. I have been a victim of such. I have known of folks engaging in this shit 20-30 years ago. It is nothing but a group of bullies with an asshole inspiring them.

pcosmar
11-27-2013, 04:36 PM
^^^ Bullshit.

Fuck you.
What was it when I got hit?? It wasn't black kids. Just some assholes in a group.

It is no different from a bunch of High School jocks going around beating up gays.. or homeless.
Just pointless violence for the sake of violence..

Skinheads were doing the same damn thing 20 years ago in Portland Or. (and likely elsewhere)

pcosmar
11-27-2013, 04:52 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/26/knockout-game-myth/3729635/
Reports: Alleged trend of 'knockout game' a myth

But police officials in several cities where the attacks have been reported say the knockout game is an urban myth, and that attacks that have received recent attention in the media have been random assaults, the New York Times is reporting.

"We're trying to determine whether or not this is a real phenomenon," the news organization quotes New York police commissioner Raymond Kelly as saying. "I mean, yes, something like this can happen. But we would like to have people come forward and give us any information they have."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/23/nyregion/knockout-game-a-spreading-menace-or-a-myth.html?_r=0
(4 days ago)

Much news coverage of reported knockout attacks includes 2012 footage from a surveillance camera in Pittsburgh of James Addlespurger, a high school teacher who was 50, being swiftly struck to the ground by a young man walking down an alleyway with some friends. Yet the Pittsburgh police said the attacker insisted the assault was not part of any organized “game.”

“This was just a random act of violence,” Police Commander Eric Holmes said in a televised interview last year. “He stated that he was just having a bad day that day.” The assailant saw Mr. Addlespurger, the commander said, “and decided this was a course of action he was going to take.”

Lord Xar
11-27-2013, 05:21 PM
At my largely white, suburban junior high, there were organized fist fights in the parking lot and/or adjacent park after school. This was a weekly thing.

I should start writing about them as if they're currently happening. Maybe it'll garner national attention.

How is that relevant? "Organized fights" tells me that there are two willing participants. Far cry from getting blindsided by a sucker punch because you are of a difference race than another. Don't see the correlation.

enoch150
11-27-2013, 07:34 PM
6 knockout style attacks in two days last week in New Haven.

The phenomenon is new, [police Lt. Joe Witkowski] said. “I don’t think we’ve seen this anywhere I’m aware of around the city.”

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/rash_of_attacks_may_be_linked_to_knockout_game/

PRB
11-28-2013, 01:19 AM
Fuck you.
What was it when I got hit?? It wasn't black kids. Just some assholes in a group.

It is no different from a bunch of High School jocks going around beating up gays.. or homeless.
Just pointless violence for the sake of violence..

Skinheads were doing the same damn thing 20 years ago in Portland Or. (and likely elsewhere)
what's your obsession with skinheads?

pcosmar
11-28-2013, 04:37 AM
what's your obsession with skinheads?

I have had some encounters. I lived in Portland Or. for a couple years in the late 80s.

Those fools were common then..

FloralScent
11-28-2013, 02:20 PM
It is not a "trend", as it has been going on for a long time, but to blame "right wing" media is way off the mark. People think it is a new trend only because the MSM has covered up urban violence stories for years. Now that media is less centralized, these stories are starting to get reported more. The truth- that this kind of violence has been commonplace for decades in the violent urban cores of America, is actually more horrifying than the idea it is some new "trend".

It's not just the MSM, there are several members of this forum frantically trying to downplay it.

FSU63
11-28-2013, 02:37 PM
There's a difference between "urban youth" (n******), and black people. Anyone who cannot acknowledge this is simply too PC and naive.

I can confirm, I used to live in south Florida.

GunnyFreedom
11-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Pretty sure it wasn't a myth back when I eyewitnessed my best friend in High School become a victim of this in 1989-1990. Why would it suddenly become a myth now?

jmdrake
11-28-2013, 04:11 PM

Did you read the article? From your response apparently not.

An important clarification: the game definitely exists, and has been around for at least a couple of years. I'm not claiming the game doesn't exist. But the idea that it's reached epidemic levels, or that it's only being played by young black people, is a fallacy. As Alan Noble convincingly writes, "Analyzing data is not as simple as watching some YouTube videos and Googling 'knockout game.'" And when it comes to the knockout game's supposed popularity, the data is almost entirely anecdotal:

jmdrake
11-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Pretty sure it wasn't a myth back when I eyewitnessed my best friend in High School become a victim of this in 1989-1990. Why would it suddenly become a myth now?

From the article:

An important clarification: the game definitely exists, and has been around for at least a couple of years. I'm not claiming the game doesn't exist. But the idea that it's reached epidemic levels, or that it's only being played by young black people, is a fallacy. As Alan Noble convincingly writes, "Analyzing data is not as simple as watching some YouTube videos and Googling 'knockout game.'" And when it comes to the knockout game's supposed popularity, the data is almost entirely anecdotal:

In high school I got attacked repeatedly by gangs of white youth. Does that mean there's a white "knockout game" or just some assholes in high school?

GunnyFreedom
11-28-2013, 04:48 PM
From the article:

In high school I got attacked repeatedly by gangs of white youth. Does that mean there's a white "knockout game" or just some assholes in high school?

Well then it's not a myth, it's just being misreported and sensationalized for ratings.

FSU63
11-28-2013, 04:49 PM
No one said it was ONLY black people, but a LARGE majority of them are. Actually, I have yet to see ANY where they weren't, but I won't claim that there aren't white people who have played this game.

But anyone who thinks these aren't hate crimes are naive.

tod evans
11-28-2013, 04:54 PM
No one said it was ONLY black people, but a LARGE majority of them are. Actually, I have yet to see ANY where they weren't, but I won't claim that there aren't white people who have played this game.

But anyone who thinks these aren't hate crimes are naive.

Anyone who labels interracial strife "hate crime" is playing the governments game.

Take ol' Morris Dees and his crimes, put 'em in a box and throw 'em overboard.

FSU63
11-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Anyone who labels interracial strife "hate crime" is playing the governments game.

Take ol' Morris Dees and his crimes, put 'em in a box and throw 'em overboard.
I have no idea what you mean by that. But these attacks are definitely targeting specifically white people.

tod evans
11-28-2013, 05:04 PM
I have no idea what you mean by that. But these attacks are definitely targeting specifically white people.

There are "people".....

Whether or not someone has mixed linage doesn't, in my book, qualify them for a sentencing enhancement.

Hate crime enhancements were written and promoted by the likes of Morris Dees and his ilk and they are an affront on the legal system that's left as well as what's left of humanity.

Just using or promoting the terminology gives creedence to the government that's looking to promote interracial strife.

But it's a free country and if you're comfortable playing their game then g-ahead...

PRB
11-29-2013, 03:42 AM

The "myth" is that it's a recent trend on the rise

Ronin Truth
11-29-2013, 06:55 AM
Possible 'knockout' game victim: 'The whole group of kids laughed'
By CNN Staff
updated 11:55 PM EST, Tue November 26, 2013

(CNN) -- Phoebe Connolly, a possible victim of game where teenagers appear to sucker-punch strangers, is encouraging people to think critically about how such attacks can be stopped.

Connolly was biking in the Columbia Heights area of Washington this month when she was struck. She had passed through a group of teenagers, she said, when one of them "reached out and punched me in the face."

"The whole group of kids laughed," Connolly told CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" on Tuesday night.

She was not seriously injured.

Though Connolly had never heard of the "knockout game" before the November 15 attack, she may be a victim of it.

'Knockout game': Fact or fiction?

And she's not the only one.

Another woman was attacked in the same area one day earlier. She, too, sustained minor injuries and was not knocked out, according to Washington police.

A police spokeswoman said authorities are investigating the two attacks as simple assaults.
"The reason that I called the police was because my understanding of teenagers is they just don't always think about the ramifications of their actions, how they can hurt people, how they can cause problems for the rest of their lives," said Connolly, who works on youth programs.

She found fault with the popularity of so-called "knockout" videos.

"Instead of constantly replaying them on media, or on YouTube, or whatever it is, you know I really feel like that's just creating more of a culture of fear and polarization -- instead of actually spending time thinking about why it is that people are choosing to do this and how can it be stopped and prevented," she said.

Authorities have reported similar incidents in New Jersey, New York, Illinois and Missouri.

One of the latest attacks happened in New York, according to Police Commissioner Ray Kelly. A woman in her 70s was punched in the face by a man with whom she had no known previous contact or connection. She was treated and released from the hospital.

Authorities are working to determine whether she is a "knockout" victim, Kelly said.
Despite the recent assaults, police in New York say they haven't yet seen evidence of a trend, though they are not ruling out the idea.

"The press has named it the so-called knockout game. We don't discount that that exists. It's a possibility. We've investigated and will continue to investigate," Kelly told reporters Tuesday.

Police keep close eye on reports of disturbing 'knockout' game.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/26/us/knockout-game/

jmdrake
11-29-2013, 06:55 AM
Well then it's not a myth, it's just being misreported and sensationalized for ratings.

The title of the article and the thread is "The Knockout Game Trend is a Myth". Keyword here is "trend". In other words "it's being misreported and sensationalized for ratings". But again, what makes your friend getting jumped by black kids in HS any different from me getting jumped by white kids in HS? I didn't think the white kids were racists. Just assholes. Was I wrong?

jmdrake
11-29-2013, 06:58 AM
I have no idea what you mean by that. But these attacks are definitely targeting specifically white people.....when they get reported as such

Fixed it for you. If you think black teens are going around randomly beating up other blacks or that white teens aren't going around randomly beating up other whites you are naive. The "I'll kick your ass if you come on my turf and I don't know you" game has been around since the days of West Side Story.

tod evans
11-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Jim,

There'll be a reprogramming van dispatched post-haste..

Your victim mentality is slipping and must be reaffirmed...;)

jmdrake
11-29-2013, 07:04 AM
For all those who are gullible enough to believe that white on black crimes always get reported in the national media, consider this story from 2006. A beautiful young homeless woman was pushed into the Cumberland river in Nashville Tennessee by two with young men and she drowned. They got a plea bargain for second degree murder. One got 17 years. The other got 8. It was never a national story. There were no marches. She didn't get her picture on the cover of any national magazines. It wasn't reported as a "hate crime" and the men were not charged under a "hate crime" statute.

The victim:

http://wtvf.images.worldnow.com/images/7248527_BG1.jpg

The attackers:

http://wtvf.images.worldnow.com/images/7248527_BG2.jpg

http://wtvf.images.worldnow.com/images/7248527_BG3.jpg

Were they racists? Were they merely assholes? Does it matter?

pcosmar
11-29-2013, 08:04 AM

The myth is that it is a game,, and/or that it is something new,, or is confined to black youth.

The idea of a "Knockout Game" was created by some "journalists" (propagandists). And it is a continuation of the race baiting that has been going on for years.

It is random and pointless violence.. it is not race specific. nor confined to US cities.

No one is denying the stupid and pointless violence. It is just not a new thing

I eyewitnessed my best friend in High School become a victim of this in 1989-1990

as your own statement proves.

FSU63
11-29-2013, 08:11 AM
ITT: Naive people that have never lived in the ghetto

jmdrake
11-29-2013, 08:17 AM
The myth is that it is a game,, and/or that it is something new,, or is confined to black youth.

The idea of a "Knockout Game" was created by some "journalists" (propagandists). And it is a continuation of the race baiting that has been going on for years.

It is random and pointless violence.. it is not race specific. nor confined to US cities.

No one is denying the stupid and pointless violence. It is just not a new thing

as your own statement proves.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pcosmar again.

americanpatriot
11-29-2013, 08:38 AM

Publicly making that commonsense statement regarding caution will still get you declared a racist by the MSM even though their recent acknowledgement of the knockout 'game' is a backhanded admission that your caution is wise.

The truly sad thing is that sooooo very many Whites & Asians still under the influence of MSM propaganda fail to see the approach of a gang of urban youths as a danger sign.

Philhelm
11-29-2013, 08:42 AM
http://wtvf.images.worldnow.com/images/7248527_BG3.jpg

This guy looks like a genius.

Caption ideas:

"Duuur...Ron Paul is uh isolashunist."

"Duuur...roads and firemen."

pcosmar
11-29-2013, 08:46 AM
This guy looks like a genius.

What does intelligence look like?

FSU63
11-29-2013, 08:53 AM
"Duuur...roads and firemen."
I can see many problems with privatized roads.

VoluntaryAmerican
11-29-2013, 02:19 PM
NY chef's jaw broken in Philly attack
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Report_NY_chef_breaks_jaw_in_knockout_game_in_Phil ly.html#X6iwwMb2XmT61UAM.99 Manhattan chef suffered a broken jaw while walking in Philadelphia last week in what he believes could be a vicious example of a so-called "knockout" attack - but police aren't yet calling it that.

But police say they are investigating the assault on Diego Moya, 30, and hoping to locate surveillance video in hopes of finding suspects, said Officer Jillian Russell, a department spokeswoman.

According to police and Moya's own account to the New York Daily News, Moya had just finished eating pizza with some friends in Old City when he headed out toward the hostel he was staying at on the first block of S. Bank Street about 11 p.m. Tuesday. He had been in town visiting his parents for a pre-Thanksgiving visit.

While on Bank Street, Moya was attacked from behind. He told the New York Daily News he believes it was a group of males between the ages of 16 and 21. Philadelphia police said Moya was not able to give a description of any attackers after they arrived about 11:30 p.m.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Report_NY_chef_breaks_jaw_in_knockout_game_in_Phil ly.html#X6iwwMb2XmT61UAM.99

Another one near me.

enoch150
11-29-2013, 04:29 PM
The title of the article and the thread is "The Knockout Game Trend is a Myth". Keyword here is "trend".

There hasn't been any evidence provided that the assertion of an increase in such attacks is a myth. Just a bunch of anecdotal evidence that something similar happened to a few people a few decades ago. Lacking evidence, the assertion that there has been no increase in such attacks is just as baseless as asserting that there has been an increase.

There have been a few quotes from police in this thread that such attacks are a new phenomenon in their area and a few quotes from police in other areas which said that such attacks have occurred, but they're not yet willing to call it a trend. That's as close to an authoritative statements as this thread has gotten.

navy-vet
11-29-2013, 06:11 PM
There hasn't been any evidence provided that the assertion of an increase in such attacks is a myth. Just a bunch of anecdotal evidence that something similar happened to a few people a few decades ago. Lacking evidence, the assertion that there has been no increase in such attacks is just as baseless as asserting that there has been an increase.

There have been a few quotes from police in this thread that such attacks are a new phenomenon in their area and a few quotes from police in other areas which said that such attacks have occurred, but they're not yet willing to call it a trend. That's as close to an authoritative statements as this thread has gotten.

good point....

kcchiefs6465
11-29-2013, 10:01 PM

Because I don't feel like searching for stories of neonazis et. al randomly knocking out people doesn't mean that there aren't any. It's been going on for a while and one google search, that I couldn't care enough to do for you, would prove the point many are making.

And as if pigs, who get paid through the fear of the public, and media whores, who get paid through the same and worse, are "authoritative." Their reputability does damage to your point, not help it. "Terrorism" is a new phenomenon. Buy them a tank. Youths are knocking out everyone. Better pay your extortion payments early. And as I've said, the media creates an epidemic monthly for the shepherds to better control the flock.

kcchiefs6465
11-29-2013, 10:20 PM
Authoritative Evidence... gang randomly and wantonly knocks out black teen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-QE1BGhfEU

Authoritative evidence... the news never lies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOzRwwtk7q8

ETA: It's amazing I actually found the first video. I figured it was long gone, with all of the gang violence and beatings posted daily. The second video was more of just "what to choose, what to choose?", Youtube is being slow as hell for me tonight, but I'm sure the point isn't lost.

Philhelm
11-30-2013, 07:21 AM

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/4fbd6cd7ecad04897b000005-480/ron-paul-happy.jpg

AFPVet
11-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Actually, it's playing up this kind of thing that actually causes an epidemic.

tod evans
11-30-2013, 12:06 PM

http://files.libertyfund.org/img/Spooner263.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Albert_Einstein_Head.jpg

http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/V/Leonardo-da-Vinci-40396-1-402.jpg

PaulConventionWV
11-30-2013, 04:23 PM

What could your point possibly be?

PaulConventionWV
11-30-2013, 04:31 PM
+Rep.

I don't understand this. Of course the victims and their families deserve sympathy, but that's a different issue. We're talking about the prevalence of this issue, which, believe it or not, is actually pretty important as it is while discussing a variety of supposed societal ills. Nobody's ragging on the victims or their families, so why is it necessary to point out the failure of the conclusion that it is a "myth" to address the suffering of the victims? Nobody said it was a myth that it happened, simply that it's an epidemic of sorts. So, really, what is the point of letting people know that saying it's a myth does nothing to soothe the anguish of the victims and their families? It seems irrelevant to the discussion to me, so why bring it up?

PaulConventionWV
11-30-2013, 04:38 PM

Ah, so the secret formula is more/more powerful cops AND more guns. Got it. I'll tell president Obama he can have the police state as long as we get to keep our guns. It's a win win!

enoch150
11-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Actually, it's playing up this kind of thing that actually causes an epidemic.

Because thugs watch the O'reilly Factor...

navy-vet
11-30-2013, 07:17 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/elderly-woman-city-10th-knockout-game-victim-article-1.1532989

PRB
11-30-2013, 11:03 PM

http://www.noanswersingenesis.org.au/Dr_Hovind_picture_little.jpg
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/ray_comfort-heretic.jpg
http://www.shawnwknight.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Alex_Jones_portrait-zcopley.jpg
http://www.stevenscountyassembly.com/sites/default/files/MikeAdams.jpg
http://www.rescuepost.com/.a/6a00d8357f3f2969e2017c3248aa3a970b-pi
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/danschawbel/files/2012/09/IMG_9378-Deepak-Chopra-new-photo-241x300.jpg

fr33
11-30-2013, 11:21 PM
They called it sucker punching when I was a kid. Actually "they" (the media) didn't call it anything. The incidents I witnessed or heard about didn't make the news. But of course the "news" is anything but that.

fr33
11-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Sounds like it's for real then considering their exemplary track record.

Also, http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/meet-wnds-man-of-the-decade/

WND's editor-in-chief says that Ron Paul is not a Christian (http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/joseph-farah-his-friendship-rand-paul-and-why-ron-paul-isnt-christian)

phill4paul
11-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Do you know what isn't a myth? Police mutherfucking brutality. Their "knock out game" ain't no trend. It's documented daily. Ain't no skin color. Uniform says it all.

kcchiefs6465
11-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Do you know what isn't a myth? Police mutherfucking brutality. Their "knock out game" ain't no trend. It's documented daily. Ain't no skin color. Uniform says it all.
I posted about gang violence earlier and I think because of the label (and that I posted a link instead of video) no one cared.

Here's a gang randomly knocking out a black someone.

The [authoritative] police say it's a new trend though.

phill4paul
11-30-2013, 11:46 PM
I posted about gang violence earlier and I think because of the label (and that I posted a link instead of video) no one cared.

Here's a gang randomly knocking out a black someone.

The [authoritative] police say it's a new trend though.

I remember that. It was a one of the g-sumtins' no? A great thug scrum it was.

kcchiefs6465
11-30-2013, 11:50 PM
I remember that. It was a one of the g-sumtins' no? A great thug scrum it was.
Knockout game.

kcchiefs6465
11-30-2013, 11:52 PM
"There are things in that video that concern me, Brad."

phill4paul
11-30-2013, 11:52 PM
Knockout game.

Someone please help me out.....

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kcchiefs6465 again.

Occam's Banana
12-13-2023, 08:34 AM
Knock Out Game Returns To Boston
https://odysee.com/@actualjusticewarrior:2/knock-out-game-returns-to-boston:0
{Actual Justice Warrior (https://odysee.com/@actualjusticewarrior:2) | 11 December 2023}

In this video I discuss the recent teen attacks that occurred in the city of Boston that the media is downplaying despite the fact that this is a textbook case of the knockout game.

@actualjusticewarrior:2/knock-out-game-returns-to-boston:0

Brian4Liberty
12-13-2023, 11:07 AM
Knock Out Game Returns To Boston
https://odysee.com/@actualjusticewarrior:2/knock-out-game-returns-to-boston:0
{Actual Justice Warrior (https://odysee.com/@actualjusticewarrior:2) | 11 December 2023}

In this video I discuss the recent teen attacks that occurred in the city of Boston that the media is downplaying despite the fact that this is a textbook case of the knockout game.

Shoe prints on the face?

There’s that head stomp thing again.

Brian4Liberty
12-13-2023, 11:08 AM

Still think that?

Anti Federalist
12-13-2023, 11:32 AM
Holy smokes, this thread did not age well.

Anti Federalist
12-13-2023, 11:44 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GA134YfWgAASUN9?format=jpg&name=small

Anti Federalist
12-13-2023, 11:47 AM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1729580100511777160

dannno
12-13-2023, 12:23 PM
Still think that?

Nope.

Even a good clock is wrong twice a day, or something.

Anti Federalist
12-13-2023, 12:57 PM
https://twitter.com/FrankDeScushin/status/1734991872706109482

acptulsa
12-13-2023, 01:04 PM
Nope.

Even a good clock is wrong twice a day, or something.

Or something.