PDA

View Full Version : Remember that Yale lockdown. LOL The "gunman" was a cop.

Anti Federalist
11-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Ahahahahahahahahahahah.

Oh, god, we are so fucked.

LOL

Gunman Sighting Now Likely “Innocent Mistake”

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/gunman_report_puts_medical_area_on_alert/id_63267

New Haven’s police chief said late Monday afternoon that it seems likely that eyewitnesses may have mistaken a cop for a roaming gunman Monday—sending New Haven into a daylong panic.

Chief Dean Esserman made the remarks at a press conference at the Shubert Theater on College Street.

Police had set up an emergency media command post at the theater as local, state and federal law-enforcement agents searched downtown buildings all day looking for a rifle-toting man allegedly bent on shooting up Yale’s campus.

Yale officially lifted its “lockdown” of Old Campus shortly after 5 p.m. No gunman was found.

Esserman confirmed that someone did call 911 Monday morning to report that a roommate was on his way to shoot up the Yale campus.
The call lasted between five and 30 seconds, he said. He said the caller sounded like a “confused person.”

After that, Yale sent out a campus-wide alert. Police subsequently reported that “several” witnesses saw a gunman at large carrying a long gun. Later, Yale Vice-President Linda Lorimer said that only one person reported seeing a man with a gun on campus. That man was probably a cop, looking for a gunman, police said.

But by late afternoon, police concluded that people may have been confused.

“It is starting to tilt in the direction of an innocent mistake,” Esserman said of the eyewitness testimony. “It started with a purposeful and malicious call.”

“We are beginning to think that may have been a police officer,” not a civilian gunman, who was seen, he said.

Pericles
11-26-2013, 02:30 PM
In the 5 sided rat cage, that is referred to as blue on blue.

phill4paul
11-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Lol. Maybe THIS school WAS onto something........:p

In yet another sterling example of how the establishment has successfully brainwashed Americans into fearing firearms, a Coolidge, Ariz., police officer was asked not to wear his uniform when dropping off his daughter at school due to parents’ concerns over his gun.

http://www.infowars.com/cop-told-not-to-wear-gun-uniform-when-dropping-daughter-off-at-school/

Athan
11-26-2013, 04:09 PM
What are you talking about? This is hilarious! Heck it may even have set a precedent for handling cops! lol

SeanTX
11-26-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm sure the cops don't mind, things like this are always a great opportunity for lots of overtime pay, along with a chance to play with their toys ...

acptulsa
11-26-2013, 07:21 PM
New Haven’s police chief said late Monday afternoon that it seems likely that eyewitnesses may have mistaken a cop for a roaming gunman Monday—sending New Haven into a daylong panic.

What mistake?

Cops are roaming gunmen.

And they tend to cause more of a rise in blood pressure in me than any other roaming gunman does. God knows the random hunter running around in fatigues now that it's deer season doesn't cause me half the stress dealing with a cop does...

enhanced_deficit
11-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Strange co-incidence, "gunshots fired" that caused panic in DC few weeks ago later on turned out be also fired by cops as black mother Miriam Carey who was "executed" apparently "out of abundance of caution" or "abundance of racial profiling" by DC Police (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?434144-Why-no-race-baiting-by-media-politicians-since-killing-of-unarmed-black-mother-Miriam-Carey&) was completely unarmed unless her car or her baby girl besides her can be classified as "weapons".

Anti Federalist
11-26-2013, 08:38 PM
That's worth a rep.

You and me both.

What mistake?

Cops are roaming gunmen.

And they tend to cause more of a rise in blood pressure in me than any other roaming gunman does. God knows the random hunter running around in fatigues now that it's deer season doesn't cause me half the stress dealing with a cop does...

Root
11-26-2013, 08:39 PM
911 - What's the emergency?
Mundane - I saw a man in a costume with a gun walking down the street.
911 - Shelter in place, we're locking down the area.

green73
11-26-2013, 08:43 PM
I wonder if the Bonesmen sheltered in place.

DamianTV
11-27-2013, 02:58 AM
Not only is it okay for a Cop to be a psycho, its damn near a Requirement.

pcosmar
11-27-2013, 08:06 AM
“We are beginning to think that may have been a police officer,” not a civilian gunman, who was seen, he said.

All the more reason for concern.

kcchiefs6465
11-27-2013, 08:16 AM
All the more reason for concern.
Indeed. The hell is the cop doing with his firearm unholstered or acting suspiciously enough as to warrant public fear?

(Not that I'd be particularly surprised if he wasn't acting suspiciously or didn't have his gun unholstered.. people, today, seem to be overreacting pussies. The MSM has done a good job in keeping the general public in a state of perpetual fear.)

Henry Rogue
11-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Odd things is, when that story first broke on these forums, I thought to myself "it's probably a cop". I should have posted that thought, oh well.

Grubb556
11-27-2013, 11:55 PM
I'm sure the Yale students enjoyed the day off though.

cjm
11-28-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm sure the Yale students enjoyed the day off though.

It's a day off from receiving the product, not a day off from paying for it.

MRK
11-28-2013, 02:40 AM
Not only is it okay for a Cop to be a psycho, its damn near a Requirement.

This may be more of a reality than most realize.

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

“This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class,” Jordan said today from his Waterford home. “I maintain you have no more control over your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender or anything else.”

He said he does not plan to take any further legal action.

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

Most Cops Just Above Normal The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average.

Jordan alleged his rejection from the police force was discrimination. He sued the city, saying his civil rights were violated because he was denied equal protection under the law.

But the U.S. District Court found that New London had “shown a rational basis for the policy.” In a ruling dated Aug. 23, the 2nd Circuit agreed. The court said the policy might be unwise but was a rational way to reduce job turnover.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

Henry Rogue
11-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Smart people may question bad policy, we can't have that.