PDA

View Full Version : No Sign of 'Meet the Press' This Morning

acptulsa
11-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Has CBS become so dominant in television comedy with Robin Williams, The Big Bang Theory, Two Broke Girls, Sixty Minutes, Face the Nation and etc. that NBC has given up completely?

That's too bad, because it was one of the highlights of Sunday morning. David Gregory is far, far funnier than Bill Mahr or Stephen Colbert.

enhanced_deficit
11-24-2013, 09:23 AM
What is "Meet the Press"?

Or rather, what is "Press" in the US?

Sorry I'm bit out of touch because don't do TV anymore.

acptulsa
11-24-2013, 09:39 AM
When the listings showed Lazy Town was coming up on the Comedy Channel--er, I mean NBC (which only seems to be funny when they claim to be presenting 'news'), I just knew it would be a product of NBC News. But no.

I guess Boeing decided Meet the Press was no longer doing a good enough job of promoting war to be cost effective...

'I got the letters right in front of me--NBC--No Body Cares. And those are good letters; you can say whatever you want on the radio and nobody cares.'--Will Rogers

RonPaulFanInGA
11-24-2013, 09:44 AM

But you do "do" internet, the one place where there is more bullsh** than television.

tod evans
11-24-2013, 09:47 AM
But you do "do" internet, the one place where there is more bullsh** than television.

Speaking as a man who hasn't sat through a single hour of commercial TV since the '70's, I'm glad to be able to pick-n-choose what newz I ingest.

Just the web presence of MSM is blatant propaganda...

enhanced_deficit
11-24-2013, 10:13 AM

But also ziliions time more truth than corporate controlled media monoply is also available on internet sources and you have the choice to sift through and get far better awareness than doping that half lies/full lies manipulations of neocon controlled US MSM.

acptulsa
11-24-2013, 10:23 AM

Maybe. But you can always put Zippy on 'ignore'...

invisible
11-24-2013, 12:56 PM

I don't do TV either, but I can tell you that "Meet The Press" is one of the songs from the Circle Jerks album Wild In The Streets. It was released around 1983, IIRC.

acptulsa
11-24-2013, 12:59 PM
I don't do TV either, but I can tell you that "Meet The Press" is one of the songs from the Circle Jerks album Wild In The Streets. It was released around 1983, IIRC.

A Circle Jerk thing. Yeah, you've got it. Strong on Echo effects.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E5qAzzlT0Qw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DE5qAzzlT0Qw

HOLLYWOOD
11-24-2013, 01:12 PM
...That's too bad, because it was one of the highlights of Sunday morning. David Gregory is far, far funnier than Bill Mahr or Stephen Colbert.Yeah, who needs the Daily Show, Colbert Report, and The Onion, when you have Comedy Propaganda with; 'NBC's Meet The Mess', 'ABC's PISS WEEK', 'CBS Disgrace The Nation', FOX's News Funday w/Chris Wallace', and last but not least, 'CNN's Blue State of The Circus'.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UwGuGjuM5q4/S-BWJsxxE8I/AAAAAAAAC18/1O3sTHdHdQE/s320/newsshows.jpghttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Pjexaty6e7E/T5ARC-1FcFI/AAAAAAAADZ8/WvUDICxkhyg/s1600/Corperate+Media.JPG

acptulsa
11-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Yeah, who needs the Daily Show, Colbert Report, and The Onion, when you have Comedy Propaganda with; 'NBC's Meet The Mess', 'ABC's PISS WEEK', 'CBS Disgrace The Nation', FOX's News Funday w/Chris Wallace', and last but not least, 'CNN's Blue State of The Circus'.

Only those who know little enough about what's really going on to see how funny the propagandists are with their sanctimonious pomposity.

Especially when they have Pelosi on for a little Dueling Santimoposity. Maybe that's what got them a time out this week. Suspended for making Queen Nancy too flustered to finish a sentence.

pcosmar
11-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Only those who know little enough about what's really going on to see how funny the propagandists are with their sanctimonious pomposity.

Especially when they have Pelosi on for a little Dueling Santimoposity. Maybe that's what got them a time out this week. Suspended for making Queen Nancy too flustered to finish a sentence.

Well I went looking,, They were supposed to have a JFK special this week,, according to their FB page.

Maybe no one wants to meet the "press".

acptulsa
11-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Well I went looking,, They were supposed to have a JFK special this week,, according to their FB page.

Maybe no one wants to meet the "press".

Nah, that couldn't be it. I'd have gone on. They didn't even call to invite me.

No, I think they got a time out. That Pelosi interview was awfully short last week. Maybe when Gregory outdid her sanctimoposity it made her cry. Making Nancy Pelosi cry is bound to cause NBC to suspend you for at least one week.

Contumacious
11-24-2013, 02:14 PM

"Meet the Press" is a TV program, a propaganda tool of the American Fascist Party.

Similar to those conducted by the Soviet CCCP Tb.

acptulsa
11-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Speaking of Zippy, where is he? Wish we all got weekends off like the bureaucrats do...

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
11-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Was there tennis on all day? Some time MTP takes the week off for Wimbledon or whatnot.

enhanced_deficit
11-24-2013, 06:23 PM
A Circle Jerk thing. Yeah, you've got it. Strong on Echo effects.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E5qAzzlT0Qw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DE5qAzzlT0Qw

Thanks you, was not aware. These were their closing lyrics:

meet the press
sunday morning
"face the nation"
you've been HAD!

acptulsa
11-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Was there tennis on all day? Some time MTP takes the week off for Wimbledon or whatnot.

They blamed it on the Brazilian Grand Prix. Which was a good race, but didn't begin until after Meet the Press is generally over.

I still say Pelosi got them suspended without pay for giving her a chance to make a fool of herself.

CPUd
11-24-2013, 07:09 PM
In Soviet Russia, press meets you!