PDA

View Full Version : The Blacks Are Coming, The Blacks Are Coming, The Blacks Are Coming.

aGameOfThrones
11-24-2013, 03:48 AM
Hate crime charges against a black Brooklyn man for assaulting a white man could raise the stakes over what to do about the so-called “knockout game,” where primarily young black men surprise white victims with a rain of punches – sometimes for a $5 bet.

Police have been receiving reports that indicate a wave of “knockout game” incidents primarily in the Northeast, and some police are now beginning to draw connections between individual reports. “I think it’s very real,” Sgt. Tom Connellan told the New York Times. “As opposed to a motive for assault, be it anger or robbery, this is strictly for a game.”

The apparent object of the game is to pick an unsuspecting victim and knock them out with a punch. The perpetrators are often described as ethically challenged teenagers, but the potential racial element has begun to be noticed more broadly by community leaders in places like Brooklyn.

Quoted by a local TV news station, Brooklyn Rabbi Yaacov Behrmann said that he believes the assaults are part of “a disturbing game by some African-American teens.”

Some experts insist the game is a “myth” that attempts to correlate unrelated attacks into a pattern with racial overtones. Parents of teens have referred to the attacks as “pranks” that spiral out of control. Police have also been reluctant to make too big of a deal about the attacks, concerned about creating the atmosphere for copy cat crimes.

But others contend there’s a buzz among youth about the game, and troubling instances seem to be cropping up with more regularity, according to some police sources. Police, too, have begun to respond in a more organized way, with some jurisdictions beefing up patrols and increasingly exploring hate crime charges.

“We’re trying to determine whether or not this is a real phenomenon,” New York City Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly said on Friday. “I mean, yes, something like this can happen. But we would like to have people come forward and give us any information they have.”

Given the extent to which such racialized attacks fit into broader societal stereotypes about young black men, police are treading carefully.

Moreover, fears of black mob violence against whites dovetails into broader political sentiments simmering in the US, where concerns are rising in some quarters about officials and media turning a blind eye to such attacks in order to not stir up racial trouble.

Nevertheless, the new hate crime charges in the Brooklyn attack may be a turning point for police and prosecutors.

In the Brooklyn case, a 24-year-old Jewish man told police he overheard a group of black men talking about the knockout game before he was attacked. Police subsequently charged a man named Marajh Amrit with two counts of a hate crime and third degree assault. Police had first said the attackers were part of an inebriated birthday festivity.

Given that several of the victims in the New York attacks have been Jewish, the city’s Hate Crime Task Force is looking at filing more hate crime charges – if they can bring the perpetrators to justice.

http://news.yahoo.com/brooklyn-attack-arrest-knockout-game-hate-crime-195925327.html

tod evans
11-24-2013, 06:06 AM
Racial disparity in "The Newz" causes me to wonder what they're looking to divert attention away from....

acptulsa
11-24-2013, 07:49 AM
Racial disparity in "The Newz" causes me to wonder what they're looking to divert attention away from....

When they did 9/11 they made Americans forget about race and unite against the common enemy--the wrong enemy (the enemy is D.C., as we know)--but the common enemy. Then they figured out that this was interfering with their divide-and-conquer strategy, so now they're trying to get it back.

As for what they're trying to hide, take your pick. Mostly how much better off we'd all be if they spent the next three or four Congressional sessions passing no laws, but only repealing existing laws, I suspect. Obamacare is doing an exceptionally good job of demonstrating this fact, So I expect we'll hear as little about the debacle as they can get away with for a while.

enhanced_deficit
11-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Who was behind behind gross civil rights violation, whites or blacks?

Gross Civil Rights Violation (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?430954-Lawyer-representing-family-of-Miriam-Carey-arrested&p=5275479&viewfull=1#post5275479)

Who is speaking out about in media, blacks or whites?