PDA

View Full Version : PledgeForPaul.com just got motivated by the debate

PledgeForPaul
11-28-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm going to put at least 60 hours per week into this site until the election.

The more suggestions I get the better. But make them well thought out.

That CNN debate was pathetic (even ignoring RP's lack of talking time).

I have very little respect for the official campaign, but just maxed out personal donation limit.

I don't believe the stats on pledgeforpaul.com can help other campaigns.

The data is about to get a lot more granular.

hopeforamerica
11-28-2007, 11:12 PM
//

Mark
11-28-2007, 11:13 PM

I have very little respect for the official campaign, but just maxed out personal donation limit.

Awesome. You ROCK!

jonahtrainer
11-28-2007, 11:30 PM

Awesome! I told a our Meetup at the debate tonight, about 30 present, about your site.

I also told a friend of mine about your site. We were talking business at lunch and politics came up. He is a big health food nutritional dealer. I told him about Dr. Paul's stance towards regulation and he left with a yard sign, 2 bumper stickers, a DVD and 2 slim-jims. He has a customer email list of about 200-300,000 people.

The work for freedom moves forward. The debate was a pain in the backside but Dr. Paul's ad was an accurate description of what is going on.

PledgeForPaul
11-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Just added (still a work in progress): http://www.pledgeforpaul.com/state.php

PledgeForPaul
11-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Added:

PledgeForPaul.com goals for every state to pledge 3% of the votes needed to take the state primary, assuming a voter turnout similar to the 2000 elections. We believe every state surpassing this goal will have a strong chance at nominating Ron Paul, and at minimum place Paul among the top 3 candidates. The majority of our pledgers have never been to a caucus and are not being included in the Rasmussen, American Research Group, Strategic Vision, ABC/WashPost, Zogby, or Research2000 polling pools (who target 'those most likely to attend the caucus' based primarily on previous attendance).

PledgeForPaul
11-29-2007, 07:53 PM
RonPaulGraphs.com is going to be making and displaying a US HeatMap with PledgeForPaul data.

Brian Bailey
11-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Keep up the good work, Matt.

ConstitutionGal
11-29-2007, 08:35 PM
I just signed up the FIRST five members of our immediate family and will be signing up a few more members of our family for Tennessee tomorrow that are 150% behind Ron Paul!

PrimarilyPaul
11-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Nice site.

dirknb@hotmail.com
11-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Keep up the good work, Matt.

ditto

PledgeForPaul
12-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Got a heat map on ronpaulgraphs: http://ronpaulgraphs.com/pledgeforpaul.html

States page upgraded to include more stats: http://www.pledgeforpaul.com/state.php

A blog section and video section were added (link on bottom) - someone please make a comment on one of the blogs or videos so I can feel good about it!

Added site to http://www.topronpaulsites.com/ - it has not been up for the full 24 hours yet, but I'd guess it will stabilize at #7 or #8.

Sent an email to trevor lyman but didn't get a reply. I'm hoping to get in his list of links at the bottom of the Tea Party emails.

Pledge growth is still great. Thanks to everyone helping promote the site!!

maxmerkel
12-01-2007, 12:32 AM
good looking site !

but i REALLY REALLY think this data helps the other campaigns ! sorry, i don't want to diss your effort.... but i think a sleeping ron paul giant is much better than alarming other campaigns of pauls true support....

PledgeForPaul
12-01-2007, 12:35 AM
When people pledge to vote together, they are much more likely to actually vote.

By that logic, maybe we shouldn't donate money because it alerts other campaigns of his support.

austin356
12-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Not only a waste of time, but actually harmful to the campaign.

PledgeForPaul
12-01-2007, 03:03 AM
Not only a waste of time, but actually harmful to the campaign.

Waste of time? It only takes 10 seconds to pledge. If you are saying it is a waste of time for me, I still disagree. I am not going to make phone calls, canvas houses, or hand out flyer's at public events (for reasons I am not going to go into). I will vote for RP in the Iowa caucus, I have made significant donations, and I am willing to make this site. If nothing else comes from it, me making this site has sparked conversations with over 100 co-workers/friends/etc. I can safely say at least 20 of these people will be voting for Paul that would not have otherwise.

Ron Paul is a viable candidate today because thousands of people pledged to donate money on november 5th. They knew if they pledged together, they could do what would feel wasted on their own. PledgeforPaul is based on the exact same concept: Get thousands of people to pledge to eachother to do something that could not be done alone (get RP nominated). If you admit that the Nov. 5th campaign caused thousands of people to donate (who would not have otherwise), I don't see how you can so easily dismiss the upside potential of this as a "waste of time".

If we fast forward to the Jan. 3 Iowa Caucus and all of the polls on RealClearPolitics still have Ron Paul in the 6% range, we will have a big problem. Do you really think there are 20 million people being missed by that many independent polls? I am not trying to bum everyone out here, but you may recall in 2004 Howard Dean and his 5 million extremely passionate and energetic supporters lost the nomination.

PledgeForPaul is about uniting the community. When it is Caucus day and there is an Iowa ice storm and the wind chill factor is -30, I want to know thousands of others have pledged to me and I have pledged to thousands of others.
You really think the Giulliani campaign is going to look at a 4th or 5th placed candidates non-official numbers with unknown pledge fraud, unknown demographics, unknown precincts, then decide he should spend $1 million less in New Hampshire and $1 million more in Florida? Seems like a stretch to me. If they want a ron paul internet support estimate, the public record of the 30,000 people that donated on nov 5th would be much more accurate.

Roxi
12-01-2007, 03:18 AM
pledged, and sent to my entire address book, including many meetup organizers

ronpaul.in
12-01-2007, 03:19 AM
banner added to http://ronpaul.in

colecrowe
12-01-2007, 04:17 PM
bump--this is great

get this to all your meetups, ron paul top sites etc

PledgeForPaul
12-04-2007, 12:53 PM
taken from: http://www.pledgeforpaul.com/blog.php

When I talk at length to people in Iowa about Ron Paul I typically get a good response. There are, however, two classes of negative feedback I get; Iraq and not having a chance to win. These are both legitimate concerns, and both take time to discuss (being an economist there are other areas I would enjoy talking about much more).

I have found it generally futile to discuss anything relating to the expense of the Iraq war. The average American has no idea what the magnitudes of GDP, government revenue, government expenditures, etc. are. It just doesn’t matter if the war cost $400 million, $400 billion, or $400 trillion (maybe trillion would strike some sort of nerve, maybe). Even relating it to “well x debt translates to $x per American” is still lost in amortized payments minus inflation over many years to come. I have never had any luck using this approach.

With cost out of the picture, my argument generally comes down to wars and occupation breeding more terrorists. This is quickly countered with some type of “no it doesn’t” argument followed by me listing some books, a general, and 2 academics that have written on the subject. This sometimes makes a minimal impact, but I doubt enough to really sway someone to voting for Ron Paul.

The second negative response I get is that they support Ron Paul, but won’t vote for him because he doesn’t have a chance at winning and they really don’t want [Giuliani, Mitt, or Huckabee] to win. Surprisingly the most traction I have found against this logic is from the RCP national head to head polls that show Clinton or Obama beating all 3 of them by a significant margin. This makes voting on principle a better option and has been giving me the highest “conversion count” (though granted they liked RP values to start with).

I’m going to see Obama (for the 2nd time) this Saturday (I think Oprah too?). Living in Iowa, it is nice to being able to see all of the political candidates. I wish these ‘rallies’ were more detailed and specific... really they are only a small step up from the 30 second sound bytes that happen at official debates (Ron Paul rallies included). It may make me an old codger, but I would really like to see a speech where every listens and thinks (instead of yelling and cheering) for at least 5 minute intervals.

Here are the top pledgeforpaul.com referring sites according to Google Analytics:

RonPaulForums.com - 1,379
DailyPaul.com - 985
RonPaulGraphs.com - 595
bulletins.myspace.com - 435
ronpaul.meetup.com - 310
facebook.com - 283
digg.com - 209
stumbleupon.com - 205
reddit.com - 138