PDA

View Full Version : Mitch McConnell: Tea Party 'Bullies' Who Need Punch in Nose

CaseyJones
11-22-2013, 11:16 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/22/Exclusive-McConnell-Tea-Party-a-bunch-of-bullies-who-me-and-Karl-Rove-are-going-to-punch-in-the-nose

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said on a conference call organized by Karl Rove’s Crossroads organization for large donors and their advisers on Oct. 30 that the Tea Party movement, in his view, is a “nothing but a bunch of bullies” that he plans to “punch … in the nose.”

On the call, according to a donor who was on it, McConnell personally named Sens. Mike Lee (R-UT) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) as Tea Party conservatives he views as problematic for him. “The bulk of it was an attack on the Tea Party in general, Cruz in particular,” the source, a prominent donor, said in a phone interview with Breitbart News.

But the most memorable line came at the end of the call.

“McConnell said the Tea Party was ‘nothing but a bunch of bullies,’” the source said. “And he said ‘you know how you deal with schoolyard bullies? You punch them in the nose and that’s what we’re going to do.’”

Rove, as well as American Crossroads President and CEO Steven J. Law who also serves as the president of sister group Crossroads GPS, were also on the call. Rove “talked in a slightly gentler way, or let’s say, a more diplomatic way,” the source said. “But the message was pretty well the same: That if we’re going to save this thing, we have to back real Republicans.”

Pointing to how Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid just invoked the “nuclear option,” breaking 225-year old Senate rules to slip through President Obama’s liberal nominees, an aide to a Tea Party lawmaker said that McConnell’s focus on trying to go after the Tea Party has jeopardized Senate Republicans’ chances at actually beating Democrats. “Under Sen. McConnell's watch, Republicans today just got rolled over by Democrats who pushed the button on the nuclear option, destroying years of well-established Senate order,” the aide said in an email to Breitbart News. “Perhaps if he focused less on destroying the Tea Party and more on defeating Democrats, he'd have more to show for his leadership.”

Rove spokesman Jonathan Collegio denies that anything was said about Cruz, Lee, or the Tea Party in general but admits the call did take place and that “some discussion” about the government shutdown and the Senate Conservatives Fund took place.

brushfire
11-22-2013, 11:23 AM
...endorses message:
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130724103715-matt-bevin-ad-story-top.jpg

jkob
11-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Rand should revisit that endorsement

angelatc
11-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Come at me, bro.

Anti Federalist
11-22-2013, 11:39 AM
LOL

Being punched in the nose by Mitch McConnell would be like having a marshmallow thrown at your head.

Keith and stuff
11-22-2013, 11:40 AM
This is too funny to make a serious comment

angelatc
11-22-2013, 11:42 AM
LOL

Being punched in the nose by Mitch McConnell would be like having a marshmallow thrown at your head.

Yes, but the law would still recognize your right to then knock the living crap out of him.

Dianne
11-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Mitch McConnell should have been run out of the GOP a long time ago. He, McCain and Graham and countless other RINO's are the three reasons the GOP doesn't have the Senate and the White House for that matter. So many of them dedicated the last election to destroying Ron Paul and his supporters.

The hell with what McConnell says about anything. Look where we are under his watch. We have a dictator in the White House, and each day McConnell's good friend Harry Reid crams something else illegal down his throat and he just takes it.

brushfire
11-22-2013, 11:57 AM
LOL

Yea, right! Like the old man at the bar from Wedding Singer... "I'm sorry, I used to be much stronger"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlbZfXGvEkY&feature=youtu.be&t=34s

What a bunch of duplicitous fools... Par for the course for someone like Mitchy, I guess... I'm sure he didnt become the minority leader (aka "The sludge pond neptune") by being a decent human being.

muzzled dogg
11-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Laughable

Ronin Truth
11-22-2013, 12:07 PM
How dare those elected Tea Party folks dare try to infringe on the Democrat and Republican agenda monopoly? :p

CPUd
11-22-2013, 12:51 PM
It's a good thing he hired Jesse to bring in the Tea Party vote!

JK/SEA
11-22-2013, 12:56 PM
yes...to me, it sounds like the last words of a dying person.

just me.

brushfire
11-22-2013, 12:58 PM
yes...to me, it sounds like the last words of a dying person.

just me.

Death throes..

ctiger2
11-22-2013, 01:15 PM
C'mon Rand, time to take a big dump on @TeamMitch's head.

Endorse Bevin!

Can you imagine a Senate with Cruz, Lee, Paul, Bevin, Bright & Brannon? Now we're getting somewhere!

Removing McCain, McConnell and Graham at the same time. Phenomenal.

ClydeCoulter
11-22-2013, 01:52 PM

Endorse Bevin!

Can you imagine a Senate with Cruz, Lee, Paul, Bevin, Bright & Brannon? Now we're getting somewhere!

:)

Lucille
11-22-2013, 02:00 PM
All those criminal clowns in CONgress know is violence.

Philhelm
11-22-2013, 03:12 PM
“McConnell said the Tea Party was ‘nothing but a bunch of bullies,’” the source said. “And he said ‘you know how you deal with schoolyard bullies? You punch them in the nose and that’s what we’re going to do.’"

You know how you deal with tyrants? You drag them from their homes, behead them, and drink the tears of their wailing family members from goblets fashioned from their polished skulls.

NIU Students for Liberty
11-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Wasn't there someone here who kept posting "I Stand with Mitch and Rand" pictures?

otherone
11-22-2013, 03:36 PM
...and this is how Tea Partiers handle RINOs:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVGfvBi1E2bjZZhZEGKg6NcdIeWM1fV oLb2FjUOW3gWDJEh81SGQ

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Punched in the nose, huh? Well, maybe the FBI should bust that guy for making interstate threats.

asurfaholic
11-22-2013, 03:40 PM
If this is true, and lets not forget that this is only hearsay, then Rand's only acceptable choice of action is to drop his endorsement and support Bevin.

I can't decide if i believe the story or not, but some could stand to benefit by circulation a lie such as this.

liberalnurse
11-22-2013, 03:50 PM
What was the name of Rand's book again? Wasn't it "the Tea Party goes to Washington." ;) Oh, maybe Mitch misspoke. I'm sure Jessie will enlighten us.

cajuncocoa
11-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Wait....now it's OK to go against an endorsement Rand made? There is absolutely zero consistency on this site.

brushfire
11-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Wait....now it's OK to go against an endorsement Rand made? There is absolutely zero consistency on this site.

The way I see it, assuming the statements are true - the only one being fickle here is mitch.

cajuncocoa
11-22-2013, 04:33 PM
The way I see it, assuming the statements are true - the only one being fickle here is mitch.

Of course; shouldn't come as a surprise, really. McConnell is not the politician onto which anyone in the liberty movement should have hitched their wagon.

HOLLYWOOD
11-22-2013, 04:38 PM
100% Establishment Crony Aristocrats/Prostitutes
Mitch McConnell said on a conference call organized by Karl Rove’s Crossroads organization for large donors

http://www.publicintegrity.org/2012/01/31/8056/pac-profile-american-crossroads

http://www.publicintegrity.org/politics/consider-source/super-pacs

Sheldon Adelson
Donor Ranking: 1

Total contributions to super PACs: $93.3 million*

$20 million to Restore Our Future (http://www.publicintegrity.org/node/7977) (pro-Mitt Romney), half of which is from his wife, Miriam Adelson
$23 million to American Crossroads (http://www.publicintegrity.org/2012/01/31/8056/pac-profile-american-crossroads) (pro-Republican), half of which is from his wife
$16.5 million to Winning Our Future (http://www.publicintegrity.org/node/7998/) (pro-Newt Gingrich), including $7.5 million from his wife and $1.5 million from other family members
$5 million to Congressional Leadership Fund (http://www.publicintegrity.org/2012/10/03/11077/pac-profile-congressional-leadership-fund) (pro-Republican), half of which is from his wife
$5 million to YG Action Fund (http://www.publicintegrity.org/2012/10/03/11074/pac-profile-yg-action-fund) (pro-Republican), half of which is from his wife, John Murray (president, founder and treasurer):served as deputy chief of staff to Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Va.

anaconda
11-22-2013, 04:45 PM

What is Mitch thinking? This clearly must, logically, indict Rand by association. I wonder if Mitch and Rand are on the outs? I could not help but notice that Rand said recently, with respect to the Republican Senate primary in KY: "May the best man win." I don't see how Mitch could have felt too warm and fuzzy about that comment.

anaconda
11-22-2013, 04:46 PM
That if we’re going to save this thing, we have to back real Republicans.” :rolleyes:

dude58677
11-22-2013, 05:29 PM
This is all the more reason we get this jury nullification movement viral. To start we hold on moneybomb on December 16, 2013. It's the only real way to change things.

Christian Liberty
11-22-2013, 05:34 PM

I respect Rand at an individual level, but he's a "team player." I do not give a crap about anything Rand Paul says about individuals not named Rand Paul:p

nobody's_hero
11-22-2013, 05:34 PM
93 million dollars. I've said it before and I'm saying it again:

This whole strategy of trying to cozy up to leaders in the House or Senate is very unlikely to succeed. Why befriend bought-and-paid-for politicians when it is much more satisfying to simply kick them out of their positions and put in someone with integrity? Rand could work with Mitch McConnell 25 hours a day, 8 days a week to bring forward a bill to ban domestic drone surveillance, but as soon as Big Drone Company threatens to cut off millions of dollars to Mitch, well, all that effort is for nothing.

Kick Mitch out. Tell Big Drone Co. to suck it. And put someone in that position of leadership who won't (predictably) unpredictably turn on us right when it matters most.

(initiate countdown until someone comes in and says I have 'no idea how politics works.')

Christian Liberty
11-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Of course; shouldn't come as a surprise, really. McConnell is not the politician onto which anyone in the liberty movement should have hitched their wagon.

Did anyone in the liberty movement actually support Mitch? I mean, other than Rand Paul himself?

Rand is a politician, get used to it;)

compromise
11-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Rand has already pretty much tacitly endorsed Bevin through his recent comments.

erowe1
11-22-2013, 05:55 PM
More and more I think we ought to ignore Rand's endorsement and go full bore against McConnell.

Rand probably hopes we do.

erowe1
11-22-2013, 05:59 PM
When was it ever not okay to go against an endorsement from Rand?

When he endorsed Romney it was practically obligatory to go against it.

puppetmaster
11-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Good move asswipe. See what happens when you hire a dufus like Jessie....you do dumb things. Hey this is a great op for rand to say wtf .

puppetmaster
11-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Did anyone in the liberty movement actually support Mitch? I mean, other than Rand Paul himself?

Rand is a politician, get used to it;)

It a war ...you gotta be in it to win it. Talk from the outside never gets it done.

Brian4Liberty
11-22-2013, 06:19 PM

It seems that Mitch has ditched that strategy. Will Benton be ditched next?

More and more I think we ought to ignore Rand's endorsement and go full bore against McConnell.

We don't need anyone's approval for that. Where have you been?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?430728-Campaign-Evaluation-Matt-Bevin-(U-S-Senate-R-KY)

acptulsa
11-22-2013, 06:22 PM
So, first McConnell says, hey, I've always secretly wanted to be a real conservative, so all you tea party people just ignore my voting record and consider me one of you.

Then he says the powers that be, who have been kicking us out of the party at every level every time they could get away with it and have been destroying middle eastern countries almost as fast as they have been destroying the middle class, are the bullied. And then he threatens to punch people in the nose.

Is anyone else reminded of Kevin Kline's character Otto in A Fish Called Wanda, and they way he would run people off the road and then call them assholes?

twomp
11-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Tea Party vs. McConnell? Have at it guys! I hope it gets bloody. I'm gonna sit this one out. Both sides hate us equally and besides, our vote doesn't really matter in elections anyways right?

Philhelm
11-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Is anyone else reminded of Kevin Kline's character Otto in A Fish Called Wanda, and they way he would run people off the road and then call them assholes?

No, but I do remember, "B-b-b-better eat the green one!"

Philhelm
11-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Tea Party vs. McConnell? Have at it guys! I hope it gets bloody. I'm gonna sit this one out. Both sides hate us equally and besides, our vote doesn't really matter in elections anyways right?

The problem is that it seems anyone who is seen as anti-government, anti-tax, etc., is associated with the Tea Party extremists.

HOLLYWOOD
11-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Mitch McConnell has been in Washington DC since:

That alone should send a message, in some nicely marketed campaign commercial, to nail 'old turkey neck' to the block. It's time to end the US Senate being turned into a assisted living home for multimillionaire aristocrats for decades.

Mr.NoSmile
11-22-2013, 08:38 PM

And a far off dream. Graham is the only possibility with his four challengers. I don't see anyone standing up to challenge McCain, since he, like McConnell, hate them all we want, have giant war chests- as does Graham- and widespread name recognition that goes well beyond the likes of Bevin or any of Graham's challengers simply because they've been there for so long. Ridding the Senate of all three would be good, but that won't happen all at once. More so if, in McConnell's case, the GOP is so fractured that Grimes swoops in for the seat. Until the Tea Party as a whole isn't seen as entirely fringe, zero compromise and has a message that is palatable, without compromising their integrity, they'll still be seen as fringe. And if the Tea Party's message is just 'No, no no,' as the general public sees them, very few people are going to be interested in their rhetoric.

tod evans
11-22-2013, 08:56 PM
You know how you deal with tyrants? You drag them from their homes, behead them, and drink the tears of their wailing family members from goblets fashioned from their polished skulls.

Why yeah! :D

enoch150
11-22-2013, 09:22 PM

Maybe Benton's job is actually to sabotage the McConnell campaign.

Christian Liberty
11-22-2013, 10:07 PM

I'm sure he does. And if he doesn't, he's wrong. Rand is just a man, not perfect or infallible.

When he endorsed Romney it was practically obligatory to go against it.

There's at least one person here who actually voted for Romney because of Rand's endorsement.

It a war ...you gotta be in it to win it. Talk from the outside never gets it done.

I don't blame Rand for playing the game the way he is, but I don't see why any of us should listen to him.

Yeah, pretty much.

The problem is that it seems anyone who is seen as anti-government, anti-tax, etc., is associated with the Tea Party extremists.

I wonder how the typical Tea Partier would react to someone who wants to ELIMINATE taxes. Heart attack?;)

And a far off dream. Graham is the only possibility with his four challengers. I don't see anyone standing up to challenge McCain, since he, like McConnell, hate them all we want, have giant war chests- as does Graham- and widespread name recognition that goes well beyond the likes of Bevin or any of Graham's challengers simply because they've been there for so long. Ridding the Senate of all three would be good, but that won't happen all at once. More so if, in McConnell's case, the GOP is so fractured that Grimes swoops in for the seat. Until the Tea Party as a whole isn't seen as entirely fringe, zero compromise and has a message that is palatable, without compromising their integrity, they'll still be seen as fringe. And if the Tea Party's message is just 'No, no no,' as the general public sees them, very few people are going to be interested in their rhetoric.

Except it isn't. Most of them support lots of government. Less than the monstrosity we have now, but still a lot of it. You can't really compromise on a compromise. Unless "compromise" is your name, of course;)

parocks
11-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Tea Party and Ron Paul supporters are very close, and a lot of people support both, and consider themselves both. Ron Paul supporters, especially, have a high opinion of tea party, typically, especially compared to other factions.

Brian4Liberty
11-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Tea Party and Ron Paul supporters are very close, and a lot of people support both, and consider themselves both. Ron Paul supporters, especially, have a high opinion of tea party, typically, especially compared to other factions.

Our MSNBC watching comrades seem to think that "Tea Party" is a terrible thing,

fr33
11-22-2013, 11:02 PM

Yeah, grow some balls Paul and Hightower. And stop being grovelers.

GregSarnowski
11-22-2013, 11:12 PM

The majority of libertarians don't identify with the tea party according to this recent poll. I attended a rally once where Peter Schiff spoke, but there were also socon speakers and outward religious displays that turned me off. Also there are some pretty big differences on foreign policy and civil liberties.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-10-28/news/sns-rt-us-usa-politics-libertarians-20131028_1_libertarians-tea-party-republicans

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Most American libertarians do not consider themselves part of the conservative Tea Party movement despite a public perception that the two political groups are linked, according to a national survey released on Tuesday.

Libertarians, who generally support maximizing individual rights and minimizing the role of government, differ sharply with the Tea Party and religious conservatives on issues such as abortion and decriminalization of marijuana, according to the survey by the non-partisan Public Religion Research Institute.

Sixty-one percent of libertarians do not identify themselves as part of the Tea Party, the survey showed. About 7 percent of the adult population is consistently libertarian and that includes 12 percent of those who describe themselves as Republicans.

Christian Liberty
11-22-2013, 11:49 PM

Well, "Tea Party" by itself really just means "Taxed enough already." So there's a ton of different things that could fall under that. But I seriously doubt the average Tea Partier is even a true constitutionalist.

Christian Liberty
11-22-2013, 11:50 PM
Libertarians, who generally support maximizing individual rights and minimizing the role of government, differ sharply with the Tea Party and religious conservatives on issues such as abortion and decriminalization of marijuana, according to the survey by the non-partisan Public Religion Research Institute.

This is why I try not to call myself a libertarian anymore. Ugh.

TheTyke
11-23-2013, 01:03 AM
Bevin not just a Tea Party candidate, he's very close if not an outright liberty candidate. He's strongly non-interventionist, and I think he'll vote better than even Cruz. While Rand has to position as a little more moderate, my dream is to keep electing people who push the issues a little further every time. This is a candidate everyone who loves liberty should be cheering on (or doing even more.) It's also great to see so many "conservative" sites and pundits getting behind him.

Bennett and Lugar went down. McConnell can too. This is a where Moffett nearly won with only $144K and no outside support for an entire STATE. And I too, think Rand is inwardly cheering for us.

otherone
11-23-2013, 06:57 AM
This is why I try not to call myself a libertarian anymore. Ugh.

It is these labels that defeat us. I think for all of us the solution is anti-federalism.

Cleaner44
11-23-2013, 09:41 AM

Right on the money. Rand is playing the political move with McConnell and not blatantly creating enemies. Rand is certainly well aware of the problem that Mitch is.

A full on effort should be made to replace McConnell regardless of anything Rand says.

We know who the enemies for freedom are and we don't need Rand Paul to point them out or approve of their challengers.

Origanalist
11-23-2013, 09:49 AM
LOL

Considering that for my sig..........

helmuth_hubener
11-23-2013, 09:56 AM
This is all the more reason we get this jury nullification movement viral. To start we hold on moneybomb on December 16, 2013. It's the only real way to change things.

I haven't heard anything about this. Do you have a web site? Momentum?

phill4paul
11-23-2013, 10:00 AM
LOL

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7377112320/hB4F0B0D3/

belian78
11-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Wasn't there someone here who kept posting "I Stand with Mitch and Rand" pictures?
I don't remember that, but I'm willing to bet it was one of a very short list of members.

belian78
11-23-2013, 10:38 AM

This whole strategy of trying to cozy up to leaders in the House or Senate is very unlikely to succeed. Why befriend bought-and-paid-for politicians when it is much more satisfying to simply kick them out of their positions and put in someone with integrity? Rand could work with Mitch McConnell 25 hours a day, 8 days a week to bring forward a bill to ban domestic drone surveillance, but as soon as Big Drone Company threatens to cut off millions of dollars to Mitch, well, all that effort is for nothing.

Kick Mitch out. Tell Big Drone Co. to suck it. And put someone in that position of leadership who won't (predictably) unpredictably turn on us right when it matters most.

(initiate countdown until someone comes in and says I have 'no idea how politics works.')
Oh I'm sure Frank and CaptLou, 693whatever and their cohorts will be along shortly to assure us all how great it is to play the game and snuggle up to these vermin.

Christian Liberty
11-23-2013, 10:47 AM
It is these labels that defeat us. I think for all of us the solution is anti-federalism.

I can at least work with a pro-choice person who is willing to leave the issue to the states. Those who want to impose child murder on the entire country are another story. As you mention, they are not anti-federalists, in addition to being pro-murder. Which the MSM would probably tell us is the "libertarian" position. Lol.

I don't really care what someone calls himself. Whether someone calls himself a libertarian,a conservative, an anarchist, a constitutionalist, Tea Party, whatever, you really need to ask more questions to figure out what exactly they believe.

And its worth mentioning at this point that even the most "pro-choice" libertarians are probably more pro-life than the vast majority of the GOP and all of the Democrats. No libertarian supports any government funding for abortion. And they support economic policies that lead to prosperity, leaving such a desperate option being less likely to be considered to begin with.

Christian Liberty
11-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Right on the money. Rand is playing the political move with McConnell and not blatantly creating enemies. Rand is certainly well aware of the problem that Mitch is.

A full on effort should be made to replace McConnell regardless of anything Rand says.

We know who the enemies for freedom are and we don't need Rand Paul to point them out or approve of their challengers.

Not everyone knows who the enemies of freedom are. Many here think Ted Cruz is not.

Is Bevin better on the foreign policy front than Cruz? Because that's the biggest issue I have with most "tea party" and even "liberty" candidates at times.

phill4paul
11-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Oh I'm sure Frank and CaptLou, 693whatever and their cohorts will be along shortly to assure us all how great it is to play the game and snuggle up to these vermin.

Gotta get along to play along, dontcha know.

cajuncocoa
11-23-2013, 03:25 PM

Short-term memory failure?

Tywysog Cymru
11-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Short-term memory failure?

I think you're talking about Cuccinelli, and I think people were supporting because Ron ​Paul supported him too.

NewRightLibertarian
11-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Wasn't it a great idea for Rand to get in bed with this guy? A real stroke of genius there, if you ask me!

cajuncocoa
11-23-2013, 05:26 PM
I think you're talking about Cuccinelli, and I think people were supporting because Ron ​Paul supported him too.

We don't always support those who are endorsed by Ron either....Lamar Smith comes to mind. But I don't want to derail the thread with this.

Carry on.

Mr.NoSmile
11-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Except it isn't. Most of them support lots of government. Less than the monstrosity we have now, but still a lot of it. You can't really compromise on a compromise. Unless "compromise" is your name, of course;)

No, you're right. But they're perceived as being unwilling to compromise even if what they say is sound. Like when people say what's the Tea Party alternative to health care in lieu of getting rid of the Affordable Care Act. Not saying they are a party of no, but that's how they're portrayed. It's that whole 'fringe' label.

rich34
11-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Well the problem I see here for Rand is his association with Mitch could cost him support due to this jackass and his mouth. Rand imo is going to be put in the middle of this and I can see him possibly loosing support regardless of which side he takes. Damn Mitch should have kept his mouth shut, but i'm sure where karl rove is involved there's some kind of devious plan up his sleeve. This can't be good for Rand and if Mitch feels this way and is going to turn on Rand while trying to legitimize Cruz in the process he needs to dump this chump and take his ass out in the primary.

Dianne
11-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Well the problem I see here for Rand is his association with Mitch could cost him support due to this jackass and his mouth. Rand imo is going to be put in the middle of this and I can see him possibly loosing support regardless of which side he takes. Damn Mitch should have kept his mouth shut, but i'm sure where karl rove is involved there's some kind of devious plan up his sleeve. This can't be good for Rand and if Mitch feels this way and is going to turn on Rand while trying to legitimize Cruz in the process he needs to dump this chump and take his ass out in the primary.

Mitch is a democratic... He will do everything he can to protect the democratic party, including destroying any libertarian that stands in the way of the democratic party. The GOP has been infiltrated for years with these old, placeholders... They protect their spot, to be sure a true conservatives doesn't take it. I have seen Mitch McConnell sucking on Harry Reid's teet for years. Rand needs to run from that bastard, as far as he can.

twomp
11-24-2013, 12:32 AM
So let's recap shall we?

Rand Paul endorses Mitt Romney -- Excuse: It's okay, it's for political reasons. Endorsements mean nothing. Don't really support him.
Rand Paul endorses Mitch McConnell -- Excuse: It's okay, it's for political reasons but we do want him back in the Senate because he will owe Rand Paul a favor.
Rand Paul endorses Ken Cuccinelli -- Excuse: It's okay, this one is for reals! He's the lesser of two evils.

It must be hard selling your principles and having to defend people and positions that you should naturally be against.

Now that Mitch McConnell has opened his mouth, what will the GOP spin masters on this forum say now? Maybe they are having a meeting on how to spin this latest development. I eagerly await their spin. Grabs popcorn.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/227169i6165B99218F75ACB/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

JK/SEA
11-24-2013, 09:52 AM
it's not about who you meet and eat...it's about who you know and blow.

belian78
11-24-2013, 10:20 AM
So let's recap shall we?

Rand Paul endorses Mitt Romney -- Excuse: It's okay, it's for political reasons. Endorsements mean nothing. Don't really support him.
Rand Paul endorses Mitch McConnell -- Excuse: It's okay, it's for political reasons but we do want him back in the Senate because he will owe Rand Paul a favor.
Rand Paul endorses Ken Cuccinelli -- Excuse: It's okay, this one is for reals! He's the lesser of two evils.

It must be hard selling your principles and having to defend people and positions that you should naturally be against.

Now that Mitch McConnell has opened his mouth, what will the GOP spin masters on this forum say now? Maybe they are having a meeting on how to spin this latest development. I eagerly await their spin. Grabs popcorn.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/227169i6165B99218F75ACB/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
They've been mysteriously absent in this thread. And around the forums as a whole last couple days actually. Hmm...

JK/SEA
11-24-2013, 10:22 AM
They've been mysteriously absent in this thread. And around the forums as a whole last couple days actually. Hmm...

don't government employees get a week off for Thanksgiving?

Matt Collins
11-25-2013, 11:51 AM
We don't always support those who are endorsed by Ron either....Lamar Smith comes to mind. But I don't want to derail the thread with this.

Carry on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmJqSLNy8ms

Matt Collins
11-25-2013, 11:59 AM

Mitch is much more valuable to Rand in 2016 as the Senate Maj Ldr than an unelected politician.

liberalnurse
11-25-2013, 12:27 PM

They're back.:rolleyes:

Gotta get along to play along, dontcha know.

Yep.