PDA

View Full Version : Is the Police State the Greatest Threat to Freedom?

DamianTV
11-21-2013, 07:18 PM
http://thecommonsenseshow.com/2013/11/21/take-the-police-out-of-the-police-state/

(Some formatting I didnt feel like copying...)

FindLiberty
11-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Most would say blame the police, yea, but the police should only be the teeth of this dog.
Blame the laws. Then blame the police/fed agents for overstepping 'em and going power mad rage kill on the mundanes.

I also blame Joe 6-pack who's fallen asleep in front of their TV. Blame the gov schools and gov media shills.
It's the pacified majority (voter?) that's giving up all Liberty without so much as a whimper.

Blame the state! It dun went and unshackled itself from the Constitution. ...they all swore to up hold it and all, those liars should be in jail!

Enough us enough, ...oops I don't even see a Libertarian on the ballot.

DamianTV
11-21-2013, 07:41 PM
I still think we may have a chance, a very slim chance, but a chance at getting the Police State to turn on its Masters. Not the Politicians, but those who stand to profit from the Enslavement of mankind.

green73
11-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Is the Police State the Greatest Threat to Freedom?

Yes.

Scrapmo
11-21-2013, 09:16 PM
I feel like apathy and ignorance are the biggest threats to freedom. However as I have tried to explain to a cop friend of mine, tyrannical regimes would be neutered without the enforcement class.

green73
11-21-2013, 09:18 PM
I feel like apathy and ignorance are the biggest threats to freedom. However as I have tried to explain to a cop friend of mine, tyrannical regimes would be neutered without the enforcement class.

Apathy and ignorance are empowered by the state.

Scrapmo
11-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Apathy and ignorance are empowered by the state.

Utilized, exploited and perpetuated by the state, but I don't think it created this initially, just took advantage of what was already there. I tend to believe, on my pessimistic days, that ignorance and apathy is most people's natural inclination.

green73
11-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Utilized, exploited and perpetuated by the state, but I don't think it created this initially, just took advantage of what was already there. I tend to believe, on my pessimistic days, that ignorance and apathy is most people's natural inclination.

In the current climate--with all the state indoctrination?--yes.

Henry Rogue
11-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Police get their special powers from the laws. Get rid of those laws and go a step farther, take away the governments ability to create laws. More laws = more government. Of course, as someone pointed out, it is the police that give laws teeth. Take away the money and all those laws are just paper. Of course the parasites won't let us take away the money. It's a vicious circle jerk.

Anti Federalist
11-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Yes, it is, because at a certain point, one I'm fairly sure we have passed already, the police state becomes self perpetuating.

You could change all the laws in the world then, and it wouldn't matter.

Political power grows from the barrel of a gun, and the enforcement class understands this fully.

You have only two choices at that point:

Rip it out by force and hope that the society survives.

Or let it be and guarantee that destruction.

Pericles
11-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Political power grows from the barrel of a gun, and the enforcement class understands this fully.

The founders understood that as well, which is the true purpose of the 2A:

As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow-citizens, the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms.

Who are the militia? are they not ourselves. Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American. . . . The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.

Tenche Coxe US Representative (PA)

DGambler
11-22-2013, 12:18 AM
I'm pretty sure the greatest threat to freedom in this country are these guys

http://journalism.berkeley.edu/projects/election2004/images/diebold%20voters.jpg

green73
11-22-2013, 01:00 AM
Yes, it is, because at a certain point, one I'm fairly sure we have passed already, the police state becomes self perpetuating.

You could change all the laws in the world then, and it wouldn't matter.

You have only two choices at that point:

Rip it out by force and hope that the society survives.

Or let it be and guarantee that destruction.

That's not true at all.

http://archive.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard78.html

phill4paul
11-22-2013, 04:52 AM
http://www.dailytribune.com/government-and-politics/20131106/despite-vote-pot-still-illegal-in-ferndale-police-chief-says

Despite vote, pot still illegal in Ferndale, police chief says

Even though pro-marijuana activists see victory in Ferndale’s vote to legalize small amounts of cannabis on private property, the city’s police chief says pot users can still face charges under state law.

The new ordinance says the use, possession or transfer of less than an ounce of marijuana on private property is legal for those 21 or older.

“Our job does not change,” Police Chief Timothy Collins said.

DamianTV
11-22-2013, 05:15 AM
Police get their special powers from the laws. Get rid of those laws and go a step farther, take away the governments ability to create laws. More laws = more government. Of course, as someone pointed out, it is the police that give laws teeth. Take away the money and all those laws are just paper. Of course the parasites won't let us take away the money. It's a vicious circle jerk.

Taking away their powers was what the Constitution was supposed to do, but we left the Fox to guard the Henhouse, and it got hungry.

Cap
11-22-2013, 07:14 AM
I still think we may have a chance, a very slim chance, but a chance at getting the Police State to turn on its Masters. Not the Politicians, but those who stand to profit from the Enslavement of mankind.Agreed, I would like to add that if we get rid of the Fed and have a currency that is backed by something, then the machine will not be able to sustain itself. The military industrial complex and the police state were built using fiat dollars, which would have been impossible with a sound dollar. Tyranny was made possible because of the Fed.

Henry Rogue
11-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Agreed, I would like to add that if we get rid of the Fed and have a currency that is backed by something, then the machine will not be able to sustain itself. The military industrial complex and the police state were built using fiat dollars, which would have been impossible with a sound dollar. Tyranny was made possible because of the Fed.
Ron Paul agrees,

Auditing and ending the Fed, and allowing Americans to use the currency of their choice, must be a priority for anyone serious about restoring peace, prosperity, and liberty.

Anti Federalist
11-22-2013, 09:37 AM
That's not true at all.

http://archive.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard78.html

I haven't time right now to read the whole thing, what is the thumbnail of Rothbard's argument?

DamianTV
11-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Agreed, I would like to add that if we get rid of the Fed and have a currency that is backed by something, then the machine will not be able to sustain itself. The military industrial complex and the police state were built using fiat dollars, which would have been impossible with a sound dollar. Tyranny was made possible because of the Fed.

Truth!

The system really has always been dependant on us, and the Money Printing Machine eliminates that need of the parasite, but it still craves our Blood.

(Somebody +Rep this for me, I need to go spread some Rep around...)

Ender
11-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Taking away their powers was what the Constitution was supposed to do, but we left the Fox to guard the Henhouse, and it got hungry.

Yep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1T8xgHdMEM

ClydeCoulter
11-22-2013, 04:59 PM
Jury finds Wittig guilty of four felonies
http://www.bannergraphic.com/story/2026750.html

I kind of know this guy, he's the ex of a close family friend. She, and her kids, were in court all three days. The cops lied and the defense showed that their testimony did not fit their depositions at all. He was accused to messing with the cops car with an orange shirt on, but, he wore a black shirt that night (defense totally hit that one out of the park). But, "found guilty on all charges"! :mad:

He's not guilty. He was attacked first.

The jury was afraid of repercussions from the local PD. There's no other explanation.

ClydeCoulter
11-22-2013, 05:00 PM
^^ This is how it gets worse, locally. Because juries don't do the right thing. FEAR.

Henry Rogue
11-22-2013, 09:37 PM
"The message that needs to be sent," Bookwalter said, "is that in our society, there's lines you don't cross. In our society, there's things you don't do. Message received loud and clear, "just us".

enhanced_deficit
11-23-2013, 12:58 AM
I still think we may have a chance, a very slim chance, but a chance at getting the Police State to turn on its Masters. Not the Politicians, but those who stand to profit from the Enslavement of mankind.

It looks like you are hinting towards drone king's puppet masters if I'm not mistaken.