PDA

View Full Version : Amtrak Investigates How Train Headed To NYC Ends Up In Philly

CaseyJones
11-20-2013, 01:19 PM
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/11/19/amtrak-investigates-how-train-headed-to-nyc-ends-up-in-bala-cynwyd/

Amtrak wants to know how one of its trains took a wrong turn and got lost in the Philadelphia suburbs.

Worried and baffled were most travelers at 30th Street Station Tuesday night.

Mike Roberts of Coatesville said, “Wow, that’s crazy. That’s not professional at all. How could that happen?”

It sounds wild, but Amtrak officials confirm it did happen and what they can tell us so far is this: Amtrak Train 644 that left 30th Street Station for New York City accidentally ended up on the SEPTA tracks. The train actually traveled several miles before the mistake was finally caught and the train stopped at the Bala Cynwyd station.

Peter Menendez of Princeton, NJ said, “I think mistakes happen, I come from that industry and the utilities and it’s hard to coordinate systems like that. I feel bad for those folks.”

Snew
11-20-2013, 01:22 PM
lol Amtrak

Bring back privatized railroads!

angelatc
11-20-2013, 01:30 PM
I just want to say that I think it is awesome that Casey Jones posted a train story.

acptulsa
11-20-2013, 05:31 PM
lol Amtrak

Bring back privatized railroads!

And it still takes twenty five percent longer (otherwise known as four extra hours) to get from Manhattan to Chicago by rail than it did in 1936...

Assuming you make it at all.

And that's when it stays on the right track and runs to schedule.