PDA

View Full Version : Obama Approval at 37%

CaptLouAlbano
11-20-2013, 07:28 AM
He is continuing to crash. In this poll he has had a 9 point drop in a month.

http://www.scribd.com/embeds/185695292/content?start_page=1

TER
11-20-2013, 08:16 AM
Bittersweet.

brushfire
11-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Looks like his approval has fundamentally changed.

Dianne
11-20-2013, 09:01 AM
I can't begin to imagine how 37% can approve of Obama. They are probably those people who expect free health care at the expense of the taxpayers.

CaptLouAlbano
11-20-2013, 09:35 AM
I can't begin to imagine how 37% can approve of Obama. They are probably those people who expect free health care at the expense of the taxpayers.

There is a certain percentage of people that will never walk away from Obama. My son's in-laws are like that; die hard suburban liberals. They think Obama walks on water. If Obama went on TV sodomizing a toddler while smoking a crack pipe and chanting "Allahu Akbar", they would still support him.

I think his floor is about 20%.

angelatc
11-20-2013, 09:42 AM
There is a certain percentage of people that will never walk away from Obama. My son's in-laws are like that; die hard suburban liberals. They think Obama walks on water. If Obama went on TV sodomizing a toddler while smoking a crack pipe and chanting "Allahu Akbar", they would still support him.

I think his floor is about 20%.

The important question to me is this: Will the media refer to it as a historic floor?

nobody's_hero
11-20-2013, 10:43 AM
I don't think approval polls mean much. Firstly, whether people approve or disapprove, I seriously doubt Obama gives a damn at this point. Secondly, if people do disapprove, they should be calling for impeachment rather than telling a pollster that they think the president sucks, because the pollster isn't going to change anything. Thirdly, regardless of how low approval ratings drop, none of that seems to matter on election day, when idiot voters flock to make sure that sucky politicians keep getting re-elected anyway (this doesn't apply so much to Obama at least, being his last term).

ZENemy
11-20-2013, 10:49 AM
I don't think approval polls mean much. Firstly, whether people approve or disapprove, I seriously doubt Obama gives a damn at this point. Secondly, if people do disapprove, they should be calling for impeachment rather than telling a pollster that they think the president sucks, because the pollster isn't going to change anything. Thirdly, regardless of how low approval ratings drop, none of that seems to matter on election day, when idiot voters flock to make sure that sucky politicians keep getting re-elected anyway (this doesn't apply so much to Obama at least, being his last term).

Correct.

CaptLouAlbano
11-20-2013, 10:51 AM

It actually does have an effect on what we are doing here. As Obama's numbers drop, the likelihood of GOP success in 2014 increases. Those swing CD's (R5 to D5) are looking a lot redder now. The same goes for swing states and red states that have a Dem Senator up for reelection.

So, assuming that 2014 will be a banner year for Republicans, it is important for us that we focus hard on the 2014 primaries to get as many of our guys on the Nov ballot as possible. If a Republican is going to win, then let it be a liberty Republican.