PDA

View Full Version : Does the military try protect the Constitution?

Cutlerzzz
11-20-2013, 12:43 AM
Curious.

Every soldier I have ever met could not tell me the five protections in the First Amendment, much less the next 26 Amendments.

The military has never stopped the government from enforcing unconstitutional laws, instead the military has been used to enforce the unconstitutional laws.

Do the people in the military seriously try to protect the Constitution, or do most of them view their oath as as a formality?

Pericles
11-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Where in the Constitution is it the job of the military to toss out an unconstitutional government? It is the responsibility of the militia to enforce the laws of the Union - and its supreme law, the Constitution.

oyarde
11-20-2013, 01:09 AM
Curious.

Every soldier I have ever met could not tell me the five protections in the First Amendment, much less the next 26 Amendments.

The military has never stopped the government from enforcing unconstitutional laws, instead the military has been used to enforce the unconstitutional laws.

Do the people in the military seriously try to protect the Constitution, or do most of them view their oath as as a formality?I can give you the First Amendment.I would not consider it a common sodiers responsibility to protect it for you, but to only not actively stand against it . Citizens must protect it themselves. A soldier does not exactly even have the same rights to freedom of speech , assembly ,press etc that a citizen does .They are governed under more strict rules that are approved by Congress.

enhanced_deficit
11-20-2013, 01:15 AM
Correct me if I'm mistaken but wasn't US military one of the first institutions to speak out in defense of Constitutional rights when SWC started assassinating US citizens/their children without due process of law.
If so, it does.

Ronin Truth
11-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Lie #2: The military protects and defends the US Constitution

Again, imagine that I have a conversation concerning this assertion with a member of the military or a supporter:

Militarist: "The military protects and defends the US Constitution in obedience to its member's pledge (http://www.military.com/Recruiting/Content/0,13898,rec_step08_swearing_in,,00.html) to defend it "against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

Me: "I disagree. Many areas of the government have damaged, taken, and continue to threaten my liberties guaranteed under the US Constitution.

You have previously agreed to this claim. But the military makes no effort to protect or rectify these abuses. It cannot do so because it lacks the legal authority to interfere in the activities of other areas of the government. Yet, the military claims it does protect the US Constitution and therefore protects the individuals safeguarded by that document. Clearly, as these examples prove, the military does not and can not. The military is telling a lie."

"In addition, the military continues to execute acts of war against other states without the declaration of war required for such action (http://archive.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul57.html) by Article I, Section 8 of the US Constitution. (http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec8.html) By doing so, the military actively participates in an illegal, unconstitutional action. How can the military be defending the Constitution at the same time it is actively violating it? The military may be excused for not having the authority to question or refuse participation in such illegal actions. It is, in effect, impotent. But by not having this authority to refuse participation it is clearly unable to take steps that would stop such an action. The military claims to defend the Constitution without offering any qualifiers or exceptions.

Therefore, this unequivocal, categorical claim is a lie." "To top it off, members of the US military swear an oath (http://www.military.com/Recruiting/Content/0,13898,rec_step08_swearing_in,,00.html) to defend the Constitution "from all enemies, foreign and domestic." They obviously violate this oath for the reasons stated above. Strict Constitutionalists may consider this offense "treasonous." More importantly, this fact exposes one of the weaknesses of such a document. Members of the US military swear an oath to defend a rule of law (the US Constitution) even though they don't have the Constitutional authority (in many cases) to defend it!

How bizarre is that?"

Excerpted from:
The Military Lies – LewRockwell.com (http://www.lewrockwell.com/2008/08/roger-young/the-military-lies/)

Christian Liberty
11-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Where in the Constitution is it the job of the military to toss out an unconstitutional government? It is the responsibility of the militia to enforce the laws of the Union - and its supreme law, the Constitution.

I get what you're saying, but the propagandists say that they're "Defending our freedom."

Quite frankly, they don't do anything useful. I know that's blunt, I know its not PC, but its true.

Now, as I've said before, I'm not going to condone walking up to a returning soldier and call him a baby killer, but I won't fawn ove them either. And if I get an opportunity I'll encourage them to quit and do something productive.

Sonny Tufts
11-20-2013, 11:49 AM
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;
Rudyard Kipling, Tommy

See the soldier with his gun
Who must be dead to be admired
Gordon Lightfoot, Don Quixote