RonPaulFanInGA
11-19-2013, 08:43 AM
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/mike-enzi-liz-cheney-poll-99814.html

Warlord
11-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Very good news!

JK/SEA
11-19-2013, 08:52 AM
'Liz Cheney'...her name is like saying...'fingernail/chalkboard'...

AlexAmore
11-19-2013, 08:53 AM
I can't imagine Cheney's public feud with her gay sister is really helping. It's either a very transparent attempt to look hard on homosexuality at the expense of her own sister or just family dysfunction, neither of which is attractive to any voting base.

Hopefully Rand can benefit from this since he did endorse Enzi early on and he'll be sticking around.

Brian4Liberty
11-19-2013, 11:59 AM
I can't imagine Cheney's public feud with her gay sister is really helping. It's either a very transparent attempt to look hard on homosexuality at the expense of her own sister or just family dysfunction, neither of which is attractive to any voting base.

Yep. That is getting ugly. Maybe Liz needs to be more "moderate"? ;)

Snew
11-19-2013, 01:14 PM
LOL

Bastiat's The Law
11-19-2013, 06:53 PM

Hopefully Rand can benefit from this since he did endorse Enzi early on and he'll be sticking around.

Post their tweets please :D

kahless
11-20-2013, 01:29 AM
Very good news!

Is it really good news either way? Enzi is the sponsor of the internet tax.

Seems this would be a good race for a 3rd party candidate.

eduardo89
11-20-2013, 01:31 AM
Seems this would be a good race for a 3rd party candidate.

http://allthingsd.com/files/2013/02/no-no-no-380x259.png

RonPaulMall
11-20-2013, 02:21 AM
Would rather the race stay close. If Enzi runs away with it, the message to Washington will be there are no consequences to supporting the Internet Tax. This is the worst bill in the US Congress right now, and Enzi is the face of the Bill. Him cruising to victory would be very bad indeed.

speciallyblend
11-20-2013, 03:28 AM

YES YES YES, your blind support for the gop is pathetic.

HOLLYWOOD
11-20-2013, 09:24 AM
You know Liz Cheney is there to rig the GOP primary and keep true representatives out of the race... We've said it a million times, by the time you get to the general election, the only choice are the establishment ringers.

A prefect example is Media, and the esyablishment sabotaging Ron Paul in the primaries. They used all avenues to suppress Ron, whether it was "media hit pieces", installing candidates to bleed votes and distract from Ron Paul, to not counting votes(Maine GOP).

The entire game is rigged and needs to be explained to the public.

RonPaulMall
11-20-2013, 12:49 PM
You know Liz Cheney is there to rig the GOP primary and keep true representatives out of the race... We've said it a million times, by the time you get to the general election, the only choice are the establishment ringers.

But here was no legit Liberty Candidate gearing up to challenge Enzi that she crowded out. The more plausible explanation as to why she is running is that the Cheney family have grown entitled to their power and position and are arrogant enough to think they can mosey on in to Wyoming after not living there for decades and come out with a Senate seat for their daughter.

I agree with your general analysis that stalking horses are a strategy the establishment has and will use against us, but I don't think that's what is going on in this instance.

eduardo89
11-20-2013, 12:52 PM

Your blind support for losing is pathetic. Time to lay off the dope for a bit.

kahless
11-20-2013, 01:04 PM

Care to explain why Enzi would be better than a 3rd party Libertarian or Conservative that does not support the internet tax?

eduardo89
11-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Care to explain why Enzi would be better than a 3rd party Libertarian or Conservative that does not support the internet tax?

Third parties are a waste of time. They don't win and we have better races that are winnable to spend our limited resources on (for example Greg Brannon in NC).

NIU Students for Liberty
11-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Your blind support for losing is pathetic. Time to lay off the dope for a bit.

Going out of your way to cheer for the internet sales tax guy IS losing.

eduardo89
11-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Going out of your way to cheer for the internet sales tax guy IS losing.

I'll definitely cheer for him over Cheney and anyone the Losertarian Party runs.

NIU Students for Liberty
11-20-2013, 04:01 PM
I'll definitely cheer for him over Cheney and anyone the Losertarian Party runs.

http://dryislandcastaways.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/turddouche.jpg

AngryCanadian
11-20-2013, 05:31 PM
I like the results. Very Good. In Truth she never had a chance.

HOLLYWOOD
11-20-2013, 06:18 PM
But here was no legit Liberty Candidate gearing up to challenge Enzi that she crowded out. The more plausible explanation as to why she is running is that the Cheney family have grown entitled to their power and position and are arrogant enough to think they can mosey on in to Wyoming after not living there for decades and come out with a Senate seat for their daughter.

I agree with your general analysis that stalking horses are a strategy the establishment has and will use against us, but I don't think that's what is going on in this instance.I look to the world of "ROYALITY" "an Heir and a Spare". There is so much money thrown around today, giving Liz a couple of million is chump change to run. Basically running defense while keeping the Cheney name in politics fresh.

Yeah, Liz living in Virginia, yet she can poll 17% in Wyoming shows you the power of TV and how media just overlooks cowards like Dick "Chickenhawk" Cheney and his 5 deferments to keep from being drafted . Currently I see she has no problem being hosted on numerous top media (TV & Radio) shows, which of course, were few and far between for Ron Paul, and when he was, it was always a smear campaign against him instead of hosting him, like they do with others and ringers.

When you have the big wealthy business owners like Sheldon Adelson and his wife, who donated to the GOP, just last year, $150+ Million dollars. One Man, practically controlling an entire political party. Looking at just the top 5 GOP donors last year, funneled almost a $1/4 of billion. We'll have to wait to see how much was spent on Liz's campaign, by esp. by the SuperPACs(CROSSROADS GPS) which is made difficult by campaign phony reform of McCain-Feingold garbage.

specsaregood
11-20-2013, 06:39 PM

I disagree. Her campaign THIS time is not about winning, she has no hope of winning and doesn't expect to. This campaign is about growing her name recognition and building her profile for FUTURE campaigns. Which is why I want Enzi to totally crush her, I'd rather have her name associated with devastating loss than some type of failed but honorable uprising of conservatives.

kahless
11-20-2013, 08:54 PM
I disagree. Her campaign THIS time is not about winning, she has no hope of winning and doesn't expect to. This campaign is about growing her name recognition and building her profile for FUTURE campaigns. Which is why I want Enzi to totally crush her, I'd rather have her name associated with devastating loss than some type of failed but honorable uprising of conservatives.

What better way to lose than be crushed by a Libertarian or Constitution party candidate.

eduardo89
11-20-2013, 08:55 PM
What better way to lose than be crushed by a Libertarian or Constitution party candidate.

Not going to happen. LP and CP will never crack 10%, they're lucky to even get 1% in elections.

Bastiat's The Law
11-20-2013, 08:56 PM

Because they don't win, have never won, and will never win in your lifetime. Are we that dense around here that this topic has to be debated weekly?

specsaregood
11-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Not going to happen. LP and CP will never crack 10%, they're lucky to even get 1% in elections.

Because they don't win, have never won, and will never win in your lifetime. Are we that dense around here that this topic has to be debated weekly?

You guys are too easy, clearly kahless was making a funny. I know I lol'd.

Keith and stuff
11-20-2013, 09:20 PM

Just because he is the prime sponsor of the very worst US Senate bill in a couple years, doesn't mean he isn't a great politician that you should support. In fact, please donate to his campaign right now, because no time is better.

Do it for the children!!! https://transaxt.com/Donate/SZY6B6/EnziforUSSenate/

twomp
11-20-2013, 10:14 PM
Yeah, keep on degrading them then when your candidate loses, come back here and cry more. Your tears are delicious!

http://www.troll.me/images/dawson-crying/i-hate-you-all.jpg

thoughtomator
11-20-2013, 10:20 PM
That Liz Cheney can't pull better than that in a Republican primary in the Cheney family's home state is great news. It means the Darth Cheney brand is too damaged to resuscitate even in the GOP.

kahless
11-21-2013, 12:38 PM

On a national level and more populated states, but this is Wyoming a low population Conservative state.

It is just such a huge compromise of values to vote for the current crop of candidates. I am frankly shocked that the RP's supporters and Rand back this internet tax Enzi clown. Especially when C4L and grassroots were doing everything to stop his internet tax. The hypocrisy here is astounding.

kahless
11-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Just because he is the prime sponsor of the very worst US Senate bill in a couple years, doesn't mean he isn't a great politician that you should support. In fact, please donate to his campaign right now, because no time is better.

Do it for the children!!! https://transaxt.com/Donate/SZY6B6/EnziforUSSenate/

I read so many threads here outraged about NDAA, yet Enzi was the same guy that was trying to attach his internet tax bill as part of NDAA. What makes him a great politician again? I am not even trying with this guy, I suspect if I dig a little deeper there is more.

Keith and stuff
11-21-2013, 12:54 PM
On a national level and more populated states, but this is Wyoming a low population Conservative state.

It is just such a huge compromise of values to vote for the current crop of candidates. I am frankly shocked that the RP's supporters and Rand back this internet tax Enzi clown. Especially when C4L and grassroots were doing everything to stop his internet tax. The hypocrisy here is astounding.

Oh come now, stopping Enzi's Internet Sales Tax was only the #1 issue for Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty. :toady:

RonPaulMall
11-21-2013, 01:01 PM

I'm more worried about the very real bill that is in the US Congress right now than I am about one horrible politician building name recognition such that she might someday be able to run for Senate again when the current horrible Senator from Wyoming retires. We have seven years to stop Cheney in Wyoming by finding a credible Liberty Candidate Alternative. The time to stop the Internet Tax is NOW. Best case scenario for us is that these two sling as much mud at each other, and waste as much money as possible and becomes a VA Governor style "who do you hate least" type election.

kahless
11-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Oh come now, stopping Enzi's Internet Sales Tax was only the #1 issue for Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty. :toady:

So I got it, just look the other way on the internet tax and NDAA. You guys are doing a good job selling Enzi over running a 3rd party candidate. :rolleyes:

compromise
11-21-2013, 03:40 PM
I read so many threads here outraged about NDAA, yet Enzi was the same guy that was trying to attach his internet tax bill as part of NDAA. What makes him a great politician again? I am not even trying with this guy, I suspect if I dig a little deeper there is more.

Enzi voted against the full NDAA and openly opposes infinite detention.

anaconda
11-21-2013, 04:05 PM
She owes her success to her Dad's popular legacy.

kahless
11-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Enzi voted against the full NDAA and openly opposes infinite detention.

I stand corrected on his current NDAA policy.

He originally voted for it the prior year. The last go around he was trying to get the internet tax added as an amendment but it was dropped which I thought was his only reason for voting against it. I have since found his comments supporting Rand's amendment to it to prevent indefinite detention of Americans without a trial.

Keith and stuff
11-21-2013, 05:16 PM
So I got it, just look the other way on the internet tax and NDAA. You guys are doing a good job selling Enzi over running a 3rd party candidate. :rolleyes:

I'm just doing a really poor job at being sarcastic. I did try though, with the :toady: and all :) I've said multiple times that I will not help in this race and I encourage others to not get involved. I have no idea which candidate is worse and I really don't care. I just find in funny that the guy that sponsored that #1 bill that Ron Paul worked against is talked about so nicely here.

kahless
11-21-2013, 06:21 PM
I'm just doing a really poor job at being sarcastic. I did try though, with the :toady: and all :) I've said multiple times that I will not help in this race and I encourage others to not get involved. I have no idea which candidate is worse and I really don't care. I just find in funny that the guy that sponsored that #1 bill that Ron Paul worked against is talked about so nicely here.

Oh oops, I see that, I just took it the opposite way.

I know one aspect of this is that it is strategic, the Cheney's are no friend and Rand needs an ally. But the internet tax thing is just mind boggling. It is bad enough being subject to town, county, state and federal tax regulations, his bill would add 9600 sales tax jurisdictions on top of that.

Just think about it for a minute, any one of those 9600 sales tax jurisdictions could within the law levy fines and seek to audit a business. No doubt it will be used for political purposes. I can see jurisdictions in Chicago, NY and San Francisco using it like the local mob boss to extort money from an out of state business.

This is not even close to the who Cuccinelli debate where the social issues some people had a problem with here were limited to a few in his state and certainly not nationally.

compromise
11-23-2013, 04:42 PM

Everything you say is pathetic.

Read it and weep:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?433831-Quinnipiac-Paul-leads-Hillary-47-44-in-Colorado

Tywysog Cymru
11-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Third parties can be useful, but we have to pick our battles. A third party challenger to people like McCain, Graham, or the like would be worth it. If I was old enough to vote in 2008, I would have voted for Baldwin, because Obama and McCan'twin were hardly distinguishable. However, Sarvis running in Virginia did more harm than good IMHO.

Tywysog Cymru
11-23-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm glad to see that she can't break 20%, but she's got a lot of money and establishment backing, I wouldn't be celebrating so soon. If she wins, I will support the Democrat running against her.

Peace&Freedom
11-23-2013, 08:49 PM
The two electoral options the establishment foists on us (run a liberty candidate 3rd party, and get 1%, or support a compromised candidate and lose legislatively) are false choices. A better approach, that avoids both outcomes, is to skip elections where safe incumbents are running in the first place.

Instead, only run candidates in open seats, and put a farm and networking system together in each state, pooling Paul/CFL, LP/CP and un-co-opted Tea Party resources together, that has already-vetted liberty candidates on standby for situations where they can be likely elected. In Wyoming, it might be easier to find those open races in the state legislature races, get a few of our people elected, then run them for Congress/Senate when the true opportunity arise.

jtstellar
11-23-2013, 09:15 PM
so liz cheney doesn't support the internet tax?