PDA

View Full Version : Last British resident in Guantánamo Bay: we are treated like animals

Warlord
11-19-2013, 04:02 AM
Shaker Aamer (http://www.theguardian.com/world/shaker-aamer), the last British resident held in Guantánamo Bay (http://www.theguardian.com/world/guantanamo-bay) – where he has been incarcerated for the past eleven years despite protests from the British government – has spoken from his prison cell for the first time.

"Tell the world the truth … Please, we are tired. Either you leave us to die in peace – or tell the world the truth. Let the world hear what's happening," Aamer told CBS's 60 Minutes show.

Aamer added: "You cannot walk even half a metre without being chained. Is that a human being? That's the treatment of an animal."

cont:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/18/guantanamo-bay-british-resident?CMP=twt_gu

Warlord
11-19-2013, 04:46 AM
He's been in Gitmo for over a decade in severe lockdown and chains.

Mani
11-19-2013, 05:00 AM
Pretty sick.

and there are enough people in the public that feel he's a "terrorist" so who cares.

Have we gone to roman times? If they are bad guys or they LOOK like bad guys, just feed them to the lions or today it's Guitmo.

Warlord
11-19-2013, 07:22 AM
bump

FloralScent
11-19-2013, 07:43 AM
It is pretty sick but he's hardly 'British'.

Warlord
11-19-2013, 07:48 AM

He has British residency and is a Brit probably by marriage. He's got a wife and kids in London

phill4paul
11-19-2013, 08:01 AM
He's been in Gitmo for over a decade in severe lockdown and chains.

Can't believe it's true. Our government is spending over 5 million in art classes and landscaping courses for them. What more could a human want?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/18/good-life-at-gitmo-us-spends-millions-on-life-skil/?page=1

Warlord
11-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Can't believe it's true. Our government is spending over 5 million in art classes and landscaping courses for them. What more could a human want?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/18/good-life-at-gitmo-us-spends-millions-on-life-skil/?page=1

Sounds like propaganda to counter this guys story with 60 minutes. Very interesting.

phill4paul
11-19-2013, 08:16 AM
Sounds like propaganda to counter this guys story with 60 minutes. Very interesting.

A regular ClubMed down there in Gitmo. Surely, American soldiers would treat detainees with the utmost respect and decorum afforded a VIP guest.

http://images.tcj.com/2012/07/Abu-Ghraib.jpg

Snew
11-19-2013, 01:21 PM
:( disgusting stuff.

erowe1
12-02-2013, 06:36 PM

Why not?

FloralScent
12-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Why not?

My son teaches English in China. If he decided to stay(they'll never go for that because they're smarter than we are) and marry a Chinese girl he still will never be 'Chinese' just like that swarthy, bearded fellow will never be 'British'. The international banking community/NWO would like us to parrot otherwise, and I see they have found an excellent student in you, as it advances their agenda by destroying cultures, nationalities and borders.

erowe1
12-02-2013, 06:53 PM
My son teaches English in China. If he decided to stay(they'll never go for that because they're smarter than we are) and marry a Chinese girl he still will never be 'Chinese'

I don't know the laws there. But what is it that you think would prevent him from being Chinese?

just like that swarthy, bearded fellow will never be 'British'.

Why not? And what do being swarthy and bearded have to do with it?

Snew
12-02-2013, 07:01 PM
My son teaches English in China. If he decided to stay(they'll never go for that because they're smarter than we are) and marry a Chinese girl he still will never be 'Chinese' just like that swarthy, bearded fellow will never be 'British'. The international banking community/NWO would like us to parrot otherwise, and I see they have found an excellent student in you, as it advances their agenda by destroying cultures, nationalities and borders.

Borders are a creation of the State.

FloralScent
12-02-2013, 07:27 PM
I don't know the laws there. But what is it that you think would prevent him from being Chinese?

Chinese is a race. My son is not, nor will he ever be Chinese. He cannot alter his DNA on the fly.

FloralScent
12-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Borders are a creation of the State.

Try keeping your liberty outside of the framework of a state. While your prancing through the daises some group of men, a.k.a. a state, who doesn't give a shit about your liberty is going to swoop in and take it. Sometimes you have to defend your liberty from the state, but this is damn near impossible without forming a state of your own.

Anarchists...I don't whether you guys actually believe this shit or you're just trying to muddy the waters. You're no better than Communists with your one world nonsense.

green73
12-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Shit, if you ask Dr. 3D, being treated like animals (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?434631-Britain-More-than-a-thousand-care-home-residents-die-thirsty) isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Dr.3D
12-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Shit, if you ask Dr. 3D, being treated like animals isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Depends on who owns the animal I guess.

erowe1
12-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Chinese is a race. My son is not, nor will he ever be Chinese. He cannot alter his DNA on the fly.

Race is a social construct. It's the same thing as religion. It was created by decisions, it is applied by decisions. There's not some Chinese DNA out there that's somehow different than anyone else's DNA. You might choose not to call your son Chinese, but there's not some brute fact out there that makes it wrong for anyone else to call him that.

green73
12-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Depends on who owns the animal I guess.

I know. Via your indoctrination, animals are on par with us humans.

Dr.3D
12-02-2013, 07:38 PM
I know. Via your indoctrination, animals are on par with us humans.

Yep, I love my animals.

green73
12-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Personally I want vets to go through the same education as MDs.

Dr.3D
12-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Vets have to go through more education than the standard MD.

Edit:
Standard MD only has to know the Simian system.

green73
12-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Vets have to go through more education than the standard MD.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/9/98763/1455475-thumbsup.jpg

Ender
12-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Race is a social construct. It's the same thing as religion. It was created by decisions, it is applied by decisions. There's not some Chinese DNA out there that's somehow different than anyone else's DNA. You might choose not to call your son Chinese, but there's not some brute fact out there that makes it wrong for anyone else to call him that.

Yes, there is some Chinese DNA out there and if you have your DNA done, it will tell you your correct racial background.

Racial isn't a "social construct", it is genetic- like different breeds of dogs. They are all "dogs" but they have a specific DNA that makes them Huskies or Shar Peis or Collies.

Countries, on the other hand, are social constructs.

And BTW, FloralScent, the article says that the prisoner is a British RESIDENT; he can be purple with Hobbit feet and still be a British resident.

erowe1
12-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Yes, there is some Chinese DNA out there and if you have your DNA done, it will tell you your correct racial background.

Racial isn't a "social construct", it is genetic- like different breeds of dogs. They are all "dogs" but they have a specific DNA that makes them Huskies or Shar Peis or Collies.

Countries, on the other hand, are social constructs.

And BTW, FloralScent, the article says that the prisoner is a British RESIDENT; he can be purple with Hobbit feet and still be a British resident.

Breeds of dogs are also social constructs. If you breed a dog that has the physical features that define a poodle, then regardless who that dog's ancestors were, it's as much a poodle as any other. And the decisions about which features to use in these definitions, and where to put the boundaries between one breed and another, are all just made up.

DNA determines phenotypes, like an epicanthic fold on an eyelid. But it's purely a social construct to pick a group of these phenotypes and call them "Chinese."

NIU Students for Liberty
12-02-2013, 09:09 PM
You're no better than Communists with your one world nonsense.

And you're not better than the standard Republican/Democrat who condones the use of force by the State.

NIU Students for Liberty
12-02-2013, 09:11 PM
he still will never be 'Chinese' just like that swarthy, bearded fellow will never be 'British'.

Yeah, I guess Lennon wasn't British either....

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/ultimateclassicrock.com/files/2013/03/John-Lennon-Yoko-Ono.jpg

Icymudpuppy
12-02-2013, 09:23 PM

A buddy of mine at Washington State University in the Veterinary Medicine program used to wear a T-shirt similar to this one. It said "A DVM is an MD not limited to one species". He is head Anesthesiologist at the University of Georgia's Veterinary Medical center these days.

http://rlv.zcache.com/more_than_one_species_tee_shirt-r2d2c85730c6b4abfb9cbeacf1db725b5_8naem_152.jpg

FloralScent
12-02-2013, 09:45 PM

We both just had a good laugh over your "race is a social construct" gibberish. I love Skype. His Chinese friends are laughing at your goofy ass too.

Han Chinese is a distinct ethnic group as determined by their DNA.

FloralScent
12-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I guess Lennon wasn't British either....

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/ultimateclassicrock.com/files/2013/03/John-Lennon-Yoko-Ono.jpg

Your post makes no sense, but neither did my first. Aamer is a Saudi living in Britain. I misunderstood.

FloralScent
12-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Y

You're absolutely right.

FloralScent
12-02-2013, 11:02 PM
And you're not better than the standard Republican/Democrat who condones the use of force by the State.

Condoning it, and understanding it's the way it fucking is are two entirely different things.

Ender
12-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Breeds of dogs are also social constructs. If you breed a dog that has the physical features that define a poodle, then regardless who that dog's ancestors were, it's as much a poodle as any other. And the decisions about which features to use in these definitions, and where to put the boundaries between one breed and another, are all just made up.

DNA determines phenotypes, like an epicanthic fold on an eyelid. But it's purely a social construct to pick a group of these phenotypes and call them "Chinese."

So when my Indian friend had his DNA analyzed, it would have been better for them to tell him that he was carrying a 98% epicanthic fold on his eyelids rather than that he was 98% Japanese?

erowe1
12-03-2013, 02:40 PM
So when my Indian friend had his DNA analyzed, it would have been better for them to tell him that he was carrying a 98% epicanthic fold on his eyelids rather than that he was 98% Japanese?

Probably. I can't conceive of what 98% Japanese could possibly mean if taken literally in the context of genetics. I take it that if he was told that by some geneticist, it must have been just an oversimplification of something much more complicated.

Are there people out there whose DNA is "100% Japanese"? If so, what does that indicate about them? Is it just that some group of geneticists came up with a list of phenotypes that they considered "Japanese," and that these 100% Japanese people have all of them, like the way dog breeds are defined?

NIU Students for Liberty
12-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Your post makes no sense, but neither did my first. Aamer is a Saudi living in Britain. I misunderstood.

No, just your post was ignorant.

NIU Students for Liberty
12-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Condoning it, and understanding it's the way it fucking is are two entirely different things.

No, you were clearly condoning the use of force by the State to compel people to stay within arbitrary borders.