WTF? WTF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nPcVfEaKdE#t=20

tod evans
11-19-2013, 04:00 AM
Safety!

Hoo-rah!

Danke
11-19-2013, 04:09 AM
Currently there is a TSA agent at the exists from the secure area. So this just means less manpower.

tod evans
11-19-2013, 04:18 AM
Maybe less obvious manpower.

Somehow I can't envision these fine devices costing the taxpayer less money.

Instead of uniforms now there's more maintenance and supervisory staff required.

tangent4ronpaul
11-19-2013, 04:19 AM
They are called man traps and are sometimes used in secured facilities and banks.

Need I point out that some people are claustrophobic and have panic attacks? I wonder how many people suing them it's going to take to get these pulled out.

It also doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that it would be really trivial to jam all of those exit portals and thereby trap all the passengers inside. Poison gas anyone?

-t

aGameOfThrones
11-19-2013, 04:35 AM
These portals steal jobs from working Americans. TSA hate jobs.

tod evans
11-19-2013, 04:36 AM
These portals steal jobs from working Americans. TSA hate jobs.

Government'll fix it.

Danke
11-19-2013, 05:00 AM
They are called man traps...

Marriage?

Need I point out that some people are claustrophobic and have panic attacks?
-t

All glass? How would that create a claustrophobic reaction?

ClydeCoulter
11-19-2013, 05:43 AM
Diodes for humans ! WTH?

Hey, a full bridge rectifier could be built (shut up Clyde) ! :D

WM_in_MO
11-19-2013, 06:54 AM
What's wrong with these?

http://www.turnstiles.us/images/Turnstile%20Gate%20and%20Awning.JPG

jkr
11-19-2013, 07:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwXD0hCvtX4

Cowlesy
11-19-2013, 07:44 AM
I'm sure that won't slow down and inconvenience anyone at all.

RM918
11-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Looks like the group that made and installed these things are the "Eagle Security Group, Inc.". I'm not very good at this business investigation thing but from past experience I'd be willing to bet some connected jagoff in there is getting rich off of it.

tod evans
11-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Looks like the group that made and installed these things are the "Eagle Security Group, Inc.". I'm not very good at this business investigation thing but from past experience I'd be willing to bet some connected jagoff in there is getting rich off of it.

Safe bet..

JK/SEA
11-19-2013, 08:49 AM
with a flip of the switch...no one leaves...no one gets in...

as to 'saving' TSA jobs...pffftt..they'll have someone..or two or 3 stationed at each exit...

win win..

Todd
11-19-2013, 09:41 AM
http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/237534/This-Is-Spinal-Tap-Movie-Clip-Rock-n-Roll-Creation.html

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CXVtm97fWDo/S70qjeJqHoI/AAAAAAAABiQ/H_ZQdAeveA8/s1600/pods.jpg

tommyrp12
11-19-2013, 11:00 AM
eliminate all the ways in and you just blocked all your escape routes when SHTF. way to go TSA .

CPUd
11-19-2013, 11:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ZQYgYhF.gif

Elias Graves
11-19-2013, 11:30 AM
http://eq2.eqtraders.com/images/articles/c_sandalwood_stockade.jpg

Brian4Liberty
11-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Maybe less obvious manpower.

Somehow I can't envision these fine devices costing the taxpayer less money.

Instead of uniforms now there's more maintenance and supervisory staff required.

Yep, will probably will be more expensive.

I'm sure that won't slow down and inconvenience anyone at all.

Don't you like long lines?

Crony corporatists and bureaucrats who love buying expensive toys on the taxpayers dollar.

eliminate all the ways in and you just blocked all your escape routes when SHTF. way to go TSA .

Exactly.

Fire? Earthquake? Tornado? Gas or chemical leak? Fuel explosion? Roof collapse? Tidal wave? TSA worker goes postal? No escape for you!

DamianTV
11-19-2013, 01:50 PM
They are called man traps and are sometimes used in secured facilities and banks.

Need I point out that some people are claustrophobic and have panic attacks? I wonder how many people suing them it's going to take to get these pulled out.

It also doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that it would be really trivial to jam all of those exit portals and thereby trap all the passengers inside. Poison gas anyone?

-t

/agree

Very dangerous. Temporary Imprisonment is still Imprisonment. And we are all Prisoners.

devil21
11-19-2013, 04:08 PM
And this stuff is a big reason why I think "shootings" like LAX are just conditioning and propaganda drills. What better way to soften people up for the next draconian TSA crap than fake a shooting of a TSA agent weeks before rolling out that draconian measure? Obviously these were in the process of being built long before the LAX incident.

Company is based in Fredericksburg VA, which is about an hour south of DC. I've noticed a lot of the big brother products being implemented are headquartered by various companies based in Fburg. President is Roger Nisley, 30 year FBI agent who worked on high profiles cases such as the Milosevic war crimes tribunal and was the head of FBI Hostage Rescue Team and others. Definitely connected.

DamianTV
11-19-2013, 04:43 PM
This technology will be coming soon to a local Bank near you!

Dr.3D
11-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Those sure look like a violation of the fire codes. What happens when a lot of people have to get out in a hurry?

Danke
11-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Those sure look like a violation of the fire codes. What happens when a lot of people have to get out in a hurry?

Addressed already. They open.

tod evans
11-19-2013, 04:57 PM

Good point..

Does the fire alarm override "security" or vice-versa?

Dr.3D
11-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Addressed already. They open.
So are they spring loaded so if electrical power is out, the doors will open all by themselves?

paulbot24
11-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Don't fence me in. Here I was thinking the weaving line for the Matterhorn at Disneyland was the worst. Will these portals be armed or unarmed? :eek:

tangent4ronpaul
11-19-2013, 07:14 PM
So are they spring loaded so if electrical power is out, the doors will open all by themselves?

If the CPSC had anything to do with them, they would mandate this.

However... TSA designed these things, so they probably read that as being under a terrorist attack and go into lockdown mode...

-t

devil21
11-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Airports themselves are starting to take on a FEMA camp-esque look.

Also interesting is this Christina Callahan, Airport Commissioner, in the video. Seems odd to me that a woman who appears barely 30 years old would be hired for such a job, seeing how her background is public relations, not anything aviation related. I guess she's just another decent looking mouthpiece trotted out to spout the party line while other unseen people make the important decisions.

DamianTV
11-20-2013, 01:36 AM
At some point, they may put those on the front door of YOUR house at YOUR expense!

FindLiberty
11-20-2013, 02:41 AM
Fresh Hell? Same as the old Hell...

Who wrote this:

Songwriter: PETER TOWNSHEND

We'll be fighting in the streets With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on Sit in judgement of our wrongs
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come We knew it all along
We were liberated from the four-minute song
And the world looks just the same And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war

We don't get fooled again
No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
For I know that the hypnotized never lie

Do ya? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

There's nothing in the street Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left Is now the parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

We don't get fooled again Don't get fooled again No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss Same as the old boss

nobody's_hero
11-20-2013, 02:49 AM
Reason no. 15012358124 to boycott the airline industry.

donnay
11-20-2013, 09:09 AM
When you get in them you simply say, "Beam me up Scotty." It's a new air travel experience!

jclay2
11-20-2013, 09:22 AM
What's wrong with these?

http://www.turnstiles.us/images/Turnstile%20Gate%20and%20Awning.JPG

No one gets rich off those, plus, you can't turn them off remotely to lock people in the airport/fema camp.