PDA

View Full Version : If the election were held today Romney would be president

Warlord
11-18-2013, 11:42 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/11/19/president-romney-yes-if-the-election-were-held-today/

phew I guess?

rpfocus
11-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Doubtful.

HOLLYWOOD
11-19-2013, 12:07 AM
...AND NOTHING WOULD CHANGE

The puppets may change time to time, but 'The Puppet Masters' remain the same.

Warlord
11-19-2013, 12:24 AM

Correct but good news for us it's not the Republican otherwise criticism would be muted as the other side of the coin takes center stage

twomp
11-19-2013, 12:29 AM
Correct but good news for us it's not the Republican otherwise criticism would be muted as the other side of the coin takes center stage

Except for the fact that there is no doubt Romney would have us in Syria and at least Obama is willing to talk to Iran. Does anyone here really believe that Romney would negotiate with Iran? Don't get me wrong Obama is a terrible president possibly the worst ever but Romney would be worse.

AngryCanadian
11-19-2013, 01:11 AM

Exactly.

bolil
11-19-2013, 02:28 AM
And we would be exactly where we are now: Betwixt the rock, and the harder place. Charybdis! Thy myth transcending FUCKER! You shall not have us.

Charybdis, Scylla! Your gauntlet was meant to intimidate mortals, not the immortal species of human. I punched the floor, I thought I felt it shake, but the furniture didn't move.

KingRobbStark
11-19-2013, 02:40 AM
And if the election was held 200 years ago Ron Paul would be president.

Cutlerzzz
11-19-2013, 03:28 AM
And if the election was held 200 years ago Ron Paul would be president.

An abolitionist?

anaconda
11-19-2013, 04:02 AM
It would be very bad if Romney were President. All of the shit would simply be blamed on Obama and go on without challenge.

Warlord
11-19-2013, 04:05 AM
It would be very bad if Romney were President. All of the shit would simply be blamed on Obama and go on without challenge.

Thank heavens the authors of Obamacare put it all off after 2012

Christian Liberty
11-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Except for the fact that there is no doubt Romney would have us in Syria and at least Obama is willing to talk to Iran. Does anyone here really believe that Romney would negotiate with Iran? Don't get me wrong Obama is a terrible president possibly the worst ever but Romney would be worse.

I think Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, and FDR at the very least were worse than Obama. Possibly a couple others.

Would Romney be worse? its likely, but honestly, he flip-flopped so much that presuming we actually know is presumption.

Christian Liberty
11-19-2013, 11:18 AM
In a vaccuum, without any more info than we actually have, I prefer Obama.

Some legitimate conservatives I've talked to have been like "Well, Romney's a liberal, but at least he's a businessman." My response "So he'd execute the wars more efficiently? Well, in that case, I prefer Obama. If America is going to do evil I'd RATHER it be done inefficiently." As erowe1 pointed out recently, the shutdown likely could never have happened under Romney. And guys like Rand Paul and Mike Lee would probably have to moderate to be "team players." And Rand couldn't have gotten elected in 2016.

I don't really see what liberty would have gained by Romney winning.

AuH20
11-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Obama was the preferred man for this takedown. Granted, Romney was still a company man so to speak, but he was never option #1. Being biracial and exploiting white guilt at every avenue can really knock down barriers. People will voluntarily sell their children into bondage over white guilt.

Red Green
11-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Obama has been good for the liberty movement. Much better than Romney would have been. A lot of people who otherwise would tend to trust their 'benevolent' government are opening their eyes for the first time. We have an opportunity in 2016 to present a real option rather than a slightly different flavor, which was what Romney was.

DamianTV
11-19-2013, 01:52 PM

^^^ THIS ^^^

Just because a Used Car Dealership has some different voice in their TV Commercials does not mean that the policies of ripping people off will change one bit.

Snew
11-19-2013, 01:52 PM

spot on.