PDA

View Full Version : Buchanan Taking Heat For Comments Made on McLaughlin Program

AuH20
11-18-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't think it's "trust" as much as observing actions and rhetoric. Why do they create these false dichotomies?

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/11/17/Pat-Buchanan-Trusts-Iran-More-than-Israel

Buchanan said that "the Israelis and the neocons and McCain and all the Saudis and all the rest of them" share a common policy, namely: "They don't want a deal; they don't want a détente. They want the United States to maintain sanctions on them to break the regime and possibly go to war and finish off Iran." By contrast, he believes that "[t]he Iranians want a deal...and I don't think they want a nuclear weapon."

RM918
11-18-2013, 10:34 AM
This is a common bullshit tactic they use, like when they accused Paul of taking marching orders from Al Qaeda because he observed their actions and how they recruited their members and wanted to base policy decisions around reacting to that.

Todd
11-18-2013, 10:37 AM
One of the axioms of International relations theory is that if you have a nuke, then nobody bothers you. I don't think Iran would really have been so concerned about the need for one if it hadn't been threatened for 20 years and watched it's neighbor (who didn't have a nuke) go down. That being said, I don't have any love for the Iranians, but let's just be honest about what international threats and surrounding them have led to.

Bastiat's The Law
11-18-2013, 11:48 AM
One of the axioms of International relations theory is that if you have a nuke, then nobody bothers you. I don't think Iran would really have been so concerned about the need for one if it hadn't been threatened for 20 years and watched it's neighbor (who didn't have a nuke) go down. That being said, I don't have any love for the Iranians, but let's just be honest about what international threats and surrounding them have led to.

Not to mention bankrolling that same neighbor to attack them in an all-out bloody war in the 80s.

ravedown
11-18-2013, 11:59 AM
pat hit a homer with that comment...but the neocons are royally pissed to have that little bit of truth out there. let's hope these sites, breitbart, blaze weekly standard- in their outrage, keep this story going and more people considering this possibility. the more exposure, the better.

Snew
11-18-2013, 03:11 PM
have to agree with Pat for once. :cool:

Warlord
11-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Breitbart is a great news source but very neocon in foreign policy

FindLiberty
11-18-2013, 03:29 PM
With the desire for nuclear power cooling down, the need to secure Middle East oil is heating up again. So, brace for more BS chess moves and/or war.

enhanced_deficit
11-18-2013, 03:33 PM
I don't think it's "trust" as much as observing actions and rhetoric. Why do they create these false dichotomies?

Why would we give any credence to on-off-on neocons views?

You can ask breitbart ( and Drudge) a simple question and the "heat" will turn into a "cold pack" quickly:

Dear breitbart, why did you blackout Andrew Adler-Obama-Iran threat scandal ? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?432519-Confirmed-Radioactive-polonium-found-in-Yasser-Arafat-s-bones&p=5298119&viewfull=1#post5298119)

That would be end of it.

Brian4Liberty
11-18-2013, 03:40 PM
American media follows Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics (*revised):

- A human may not question AIPAC or Israel, or, through inaction, allow another human to do such.
- A human must obey the orders given to it by AIPAC, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
- A human may protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

enhanced_deficit
11-20-2013, 01:20 AM
Why would we give any credence to on-off-on neocons views?

You can ask breitbart ( and Drudge) a simple question and the "heat" will turn into a "cold pack" quickly:

Dear breitbart, why did you blackout Andrew Adler-Obama-Iran threat scandal ? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?432519-Confirmed-Radioactive-polonium-found-in-Yasser-Arafat-s-bones&p=5298119&viewfull=1#post5298119)

That would be end of it.

Did anyone try and did it work?

eduardo89
11-20-2013, 01:28 AM
have to agree with Pat for once. :cool:

I've been agreeing with him since I first heard him speak. Wish that man had been president...

compromise
11-20-2013, 07:37 AM
I've been agreeing with him since I first heard him speak. Wish that man had been president...

Despite him being a protectionist, for anti-trust laws and for a federal minimum wage?

Rand Paul is by far the best presidential candidate.